List your rare video games here (with pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:goodpost::rock Haunting Ground is truly a great underrated survival horror game. I got my copy brand new at Kmart years ago for $15 and it's still in mint condition.

:exactly: I love this game sooo much :love
Really? sounds great, mine has some wear and tear.. :( I still remember having a hard time escaping Daniella and solving the crazy puzzles :lol and that great feeling when you barely scape a deadly situation, those were the days...

:exactly: I love this game sooo much :love
Really? sounds great, mine has some wear and tear.. :( I still remember having a hard time escaping Daniella and solving the crazy puzzles :lol and that great feeling when you barely scape a deadly situation, those were the days...

Daniella was definitely the best and creepiest villain in the game. I love this one part in the game where she has Fiona backed in a corner and you have 2 different acids you can use to throw at her and if you throw the one that doesn't do any damage, she gives you this creepy stare. I also loved that her main weapon was a large broken shard of glass that she wielded with bloody hands and yeah some of those puzzles were tricky as hell. There were quite a few I ended up resorting to going online to figure them out.

Out of all the survival horror games I've ever played, this is the one where I really felt the most vulnerable since hiding was your best form of defense and Fiona always seemed to panic at every turn (especially on the harder difficulties), add to that that Hewie is your only real weapon and he doesn't always obay your commands (just like a real dog) really adds to the level of desperation especially when your being pursued and of course it's even worse if your in full blown panic mode.

Damn I wish I still had my PS2. Sold my PS2 years ago but I kept this and my PS2 copy of RE4.

Haunting Ground: Just 1 person I know played this game, the rest never even heard of it, its my favourite stand alone game of last gen

haunting_ground-2055601.jpg

I have a factory sealed copy of Haunting Ground in my collection. Not sure what it's worth nowadays but I love it.

And I haven't even played it yet....!

This weekend I'll try to post up pics of my rare games. Including my pride and joy...

Daniella was definitely the best and creepiest villain in the game. I love this one part in the game where she has Fiona backed in a corner and you have 2 different acids you can use to throw at her and if you throw the one that doesn't do any damage, she gives you this creepy stare.I also loved that her main weapon was a large broken shard of glass that she wielded with bloody hands and yeah some of those puzzles were tricky as hell. There were quite a few I ended up resorting to going online to figure them out.

Yeah that was creepy as hell, she killed me many times with that thing. But Hewie was helpful with bosses, he is still the best parter I had in a game in an emotional level

tumblr_mh1t32L67b1rib8abo1_500.png

I had to check walkthroughs a few times aswell, I had problems with the tower puzzle right before killing Riccardo

Out of all the survival horror games I've ever played, this is the one where I really felt the most vulnerable since hiding was your best form of defense and Fiona always seemed to panic at every turn (especially on the harder difficulties), add to that that Hewie is your only real weapon and he doesn't always obay your commands (just like a real dog) really adds to the level of desperation especially when your being pursued and of course it's even worse if your in full blown panic mode.

Damn I wish I still had my PS2. Sold my PS2 years ago but I kept this and my PS2 copy of RE4.

:exactly: Me too, and Fiona would even get tired if you run too much, the first time I realised I was like "wtf this is not fair" :lol

Oh I almost forgot about the panic mode, thats a terrible way to go out.

My PS2 is broken but I kept all the Resident Evil copies I had, code Veronica, both Outbreaks and RE4. But I would get another PS2 just to play Haunting Ground

I have a factory sealed copy of Haunting Ground in my collection. Not sure what it's worth nowadays but I love it.

This weekend I'll try to post up pics of my rare games. Including my pride and joy...

You never played it? :horror do it! you are missing out a great experience

Got a colecovision console and atari 2600 loads of games but can’t beat the originals like spave invaders pacman and donkey kong.

Sealed games..yeah, I'm guessing you're spending a few bucks on those. Rarity doesn't seem as important as popularity when it comes to retro game prices. Just look at Earthbound. That game was in huge bargain bin piles back in the day. Couldnt give them away. Now, it's a unique classic and retro gaming is cool so the prices have blown up astronomically. That's probably an extreme example though. I'm sure rarity is pretty significant.

Well, games can be both rare and popular. Aside from Final Fantasy, JRPGs were never big in the U.S. But, there has always been a niche fan base who are willing to spend a lot of coin to get their hands on something when it goes out-of-print.

As for sealed games, I always open them up :lol. I was never a MISB collector. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But, personally, I'd rather play and enjoy a good game than just have it sit somewhere collecting dust. In fact, I opened up a brand new copy of MGS 1 last week, and just today, I tore off the shrink wrap for MGS VR Missions.

I think that the only game that I have that might be considered rare is Dragon Force for the Sega Saturn.

That's awesome. I think JRPGs in general are pretty rare in the U.S. Even more with Sega Saturn games.

I've kept most of my Square games for Nintendo and PS1: the Final Fantasy games, Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Front Mission, Secret of Mana, Parasite Eve... None of mine are still sealed, but most of them look brand new.

The favorite in my collection is the very first Final Fantasy game for NES along with the Nintendo Power Magazine that featured it. My second favorite is definitely Vagrant Story... What a great game.

I have them all in storage right now. I'll need to dig them out and take pics.

That's an amazing collection man! I'd love to see some pics of that :drool.

I loved Vagrant Story, and bought the FF games for the PC. Sadly, I never got to picking up Parasite Eve or Chrono Trigger. I'll probably have to one of these days :monkey1.

Is Final Fantasy 7 for PS rare or anything like that?

FF 7 was never rare. But, it has become nearly impossible to find a sealed, black label copy of the game.

As for a funny story involving FF 7: Back in 2001, I bought a brand spanking, new copy of FF 7 (PS1) for one of my cousins. It turns out that the kid never played it and just stored it in a closet. But, a few years ago, his father somehow found it, and decided to sell it off for $5 in a garage sale :lol :slap. Whoever got that sealed copy of FF 7 found the deal of a lifetime.

I still remember the look on their faces, when I told them that they literally gave away a $300 + item :lol.

I've seen used copies of HG on ebay listed anywhere from $60 to over $100 (no idea if they actually sell at those prices though). I imagine you might be able to get a decent amount for a factory sealed copy but you would really be doing yourself a disservice by not playing it.

Yeah that was creepy as hell, she killed me many times with that thing. But Hewie was helpful with bosses, he is still the best parter I had in a game in an emotional level

I got killed by Ricardo more than any other villain. He always seemed to know where I was hiding and often times Hewie wouldn't attack him when commanded (it was almost as if Hewie was saying "*****k you lady, that crazy bastards gotta gun" :lol

:exactly: Me too, and Fiona would even get tired if you run too much, the first time I realised I was like "wtf this is not fair" :lol

Oh I almost forgot about the panic mode, thats a terrible way to go out.

Panic mode was cool but could be so damn inconvenient at times. I remember there's that one part where you have to grab the screaming raddish thing which causes you to slowly panic the longer you hold it and I got lost and ended up running into Daniella and ended up in full panic mode pretty quickly and got killed.

My PS2 is broken but I kept all the Resident Evil copies I had, code Veronica, both Outbreaks and RE4. But I would get another PS2 just to play Haunting Ground

Same here. I've actually been thinking of picking up another PS2 as there are some games I'd like play again especially HG.

I really wish HG had been more popular. I would have loved to have a figure of Fiona and Hewie. In fact for awhile I was toying with the idea of doing a custom 1/6 Fiona figure and was gonna use Battlesuit Jill's head sculpt and body as the base but I realized it would cost much more than I'm willing to pay just to have her outfit made. I would love to see an HD version or remake of Haunting Ground for PS3 or 4 though. I always hoped HG would get a sequel somehow but I guess it didn't do well enough to warrant one :(

I got killed by Ricardo more than any other villain. He always seemed to know where I was hiding and often times Hewie wouldn't attack him when commanded (it was almost as if Hewie was saying "*****k you lady, that crazy bastards gotta gun" :lol

Panic mode was cool but could be so damn inconvenient at times. I remember there's that one part where you have to grab the screaming raddish thing which causes you to slowly panic the longer you hold it and I got lost and ended up running into Daniella and ended up in full panic mode pretty quickly and got killed.

Same here. I've actually been thinking of picking up another PS2 as there are some games I'd like play again especially HG.

I really wish HG had been more popular. I would have loved to have a figure of Fiona and Hewie. In fact for awhile I was toying with the idea of doing a custom 1/6 Fiona figure and was gonna use Battlesuit Jill's head sculpt and body as the base but I realized it would cost much more than I'm willing to pay just to have her outfit made. I would love to see an HD version or remake of Haunting Ground for PS3 or 4 though. I always hoped HG would get a sequel somehow but I guess it didn't do well enough to warrant one :(

Riccardo was a pain in the ***, watching him fall was one of the bests gaming moments ever :lol Oh everytime I got lucky and escaped I looked up for a bathroom, I remember if you make Fiona drink some water she would restore her health and stamina, that was a nice gameplay touch

As soon as I stop spending all my money on figures I will get a PS2, I don't see that happening any time soon, maybe in a few months

Battlesuit Jill would be a great way to start, it would be hard to find the right clothes or something that at least looks like what Fiona is wearing. Making that outfit would be a nightmare :horror but you can find something that looks like it. I would use Babydoll's skirt, and maybe Angelica's shirt, and the boots are no problem but Jill is kind of tall...

Thats the weird thing about this game, you know I noticed that there are some games out there like Hauting Ground or Catherine (from this generetion) that are not popular, but the few people that played the games love them.

I remember the first ending I got was one of the nice ones, It would be nice to see what happened to her... if she even got out of the woods :huh

Thats good enough to make a fanfic

Cool, I used to have that one and liked it.

I have Predator for C64!

I have Predator, Platoon, Untouchables, Robocop, Navy Seals, Rambo, and probably every other good (for it's time) movie tie in game that Ocean made for the C64 back in the day, before everything started to go t!ts up for them. :lol

Hell, I've got at least half the games mention so far in this topic still packed away somewhere.

I'm old.

Battlesuit Jill would be a great way to start, it would be hard to find the right clothes or something that at least looks like what Fiona is wearing. Making that outfit would be a nightmare :horror but you can find something that looks like it. I would use Babydoll's skirt, and maybe Angelica's shirt, and the boots are no problem but Jill is kind of tall...

Thats the weird thing about this game, you know I noticed that there are some games out there like Hauting Ground or Catherine (from this generetion) that are not popular, but the few people that played the games love them.

I remember the first ending I got was one of the nice ones, It would be nice to see what happened to her... if she even got out of the woods :huh

Thats good enough to make a fanfic

I'm a stickler for accuracy so in order to get an accurate outfit for a 1/6 Fiona, I'd have to have one custom made which would be pricey as hell because all of the little details on her dress.

I have yet to play Catherine. I've contemplated picking it up but never have.

I ended up unlocking all the ending including the bad one (hated getting that one cause you have to mistreat poor Hewie).

I would love to see what happend to Fiona at the end of the game but if HG ever were to get a sequel, I get the feeling they would use new characters.

That's an amazing collection man! I'd love to see some pics of that :drool.

I loved Vagrant Story, and bought the FF games for the PC. Sadly, I never got to picking up Parasite Eve or Chrono Trigger. I'll probably have to one of these days :monkey1.

I'll see if I can find them this weekend. I also kept all my MGS and Resident Evil games for PS1 and 2.

And speaking of survival horror games, I have both Fatal Frame 1 and 2. Those were really creepy games.

I couldn't find my copy of Final Fantasy for NES or Chrono Trigger for N64, but I know I have them somewhere.

Star Wars for NES and Super NES

fxM8Sh5.jpg

Final Fantasy II and III for Super NES. $80!! :horror

2SS55MA.jpg

Various PS1 games. I forgot about the Fear Effect games. Those were good!

Bma5Izw.jpg

Z0iIgy2.jpg

I saved a few of my PS2 games but didn't take pics. I don't think any of them are rare. :lol

I need to go through my old games I have packed away. I know I have some rare ones and many still sealed. I have had every system since the NES. I have never traded or sold any of them through the years.

I couldn't find my copy of Final Fantasy for NES or Chrono Trigger for N64, but I know I have them somewhere.

Star Wars for NES and Super NES

fxM8Sh5.jpg

Final Fantasy II and III for Super NES. $80!! :horror

2SS55MA.jpg

Various PS1 games. I forgot about the Fear Effect games. Those were good!

Bma5Izw.jpg

Z0iIgy2.jpg

I saved a few of my PS2 games but didn't take pics. I don't think any of them are rare. :lol

:lecture Awesome collection! :clap

I've got Resident Evil but it comes in a taller cardboard box. I think that's how they were released during the first wave, or I got a pirated copy.

I have a few games that are either rare, or have gone up in value.

I don't have pics of these yet. But maybe soon...

Final Fantasy 9 black label factory sealed (mint)
Parasite Eve 2 black label factory sealed (good condition)
Haunting Ground factory sealed (mint)
Chrono Trigger complete (NM) Box still covered in original plastic wrap.
Final Fantasy 3 complete (mint) Box still covered in original plastic wrap.

and I guess 'll throw up Earthbound since that's expensive now. I just have the cart though...

I also have 2 Ni No Kuni Wizard's editions. One opened, one still sealed.

Dead Space 3 Dev-team edition

Not sure how rare this ended up becoming but I have a Walking Dead collectors edition for PS3 still sealed. It was for preorders only but there may be a lot of them.

But I DO have a pic of my pride and joy.

And here it is...:

110.jpg

Back