Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Getting the Pre-Order Bonus Treatment at GameStop
Written Monday, May 17, 2010 by Richard Walker

Those in the know - that is the good people that keep it locked to this here site - will already know that Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is on the cards for release just in time for the annual pre-Christmas games rush that we all love, but our wallets hate.

Taking the rich and evocative setting that served Assassin's Creed II so well, Brotherhood also sees the return of Ezio in a new multiplayer adventure filled with a menagerie of weird and wonderful assassins in Renaissance Rome.

None look more weird than the GameStop bonus character available with pre-orders though. Harlequin, as he's known, is a multiplayer character exclusive to GameStop when you put in your pre-order for the game, and he looks pretty scary in a freakish, clown kind of way.

Sporting a grinning mask, Harlequin might be the last thing you want to see as he bludgeons you to death with an immovable smile on his face. Brrr! Nasty.

GameStop is also listing the game for release on November 1st 2010, but that has yet to be confirmed.

AC.Brotherhood_bonus1LG.jpg

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood to Get Multiplayer Beta
Written Wednesday, May 19, 2010 by Richard Walker

According to Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood will have a multiplayer beta.

The news was revealed during Ubisoft's yearly financial conference call, and it's expected that more information will be revealed on the Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood multiplayer beta at E3 2010 in June.

There are currently no other specifics on the multiplayer beta, but E3 should hopefully clear that up. It'll also mark the first time the game has been shown.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood sees the return of AC II's Ezio, as well as a whole eclectic band of deadly killers in Renaissance Rome.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Limited Codex Edition Revealed
Written Wednesday, June 16, 2010 By Richard Walker

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - just in case you haven't been paying attention - is due to release in November 2010, and in lieu of the impending launch and E3 buzz, play.com has got a Limited Codex Edition of the game available for pre-order.

Bundled in a huge 'Renaissance Collector Chest', the Limited Codex Edition will come with exclusive in-game content, including 2 extra multiplayer characters and 2 exclusive single player maps.

As well as bonus content, the package includes the Assassin's Creed II prequel mini-movie, Assassin's Creed Lineage on DVD, a Codex book, a bonus DVD with the game's soundtrack, multiplayer character cards and a map of Rome to help you avoid getting lost around its labyrinthine streets.

Additionally, there's another secret bonus character in the package to be unlocked, reperesented by a cloaked silhouette in the promotional image. Who could it be?

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is due for release this November 2010.

acb_codex.jpg

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Limited Codex Edition Revealed
Written Wednesday, June 16, 2010 By Richard Walker

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - just in case you haven't been paying attention - is due to release in November 2010, and in lieu of the impending launch and E3 buzz, play.com has got a Limited Codex Edition of the game available for pre-order.

Bundled in a huge 'Renaissance Collector Chest', the Limited Codex Edition will come with exclusive in-game content, including 2 extra multiplayer characters and 2 exclusive single player maps.

As well as bonus content, the package includes the Assassin's Creed II prequel mini-movie, Assassin's Creed Lineage on DVD, a Codex book, a bonus DVD with the game's soundtrack, multiplayer character cards and a map of Rome to help you avoid getting lost around its labyrinthine streets.

Additionally, there's another secret bonus character in the package to be unlocked, reperesented by a cloaked silhouette in the promotional image. Who could it be?

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is due for release this November 2010.

acb_codex.jpg

Sweet collectors edition
Might have to pick it up

I'm in two minds about this. I LOVE AC. It's my favourite video game series of all time, bar none. But there's something I just loved about being a lone wolf, the only man in the entire city who could provide justice with the flick of a wrist blade. Even when you were recruiting help in AC2, I was a bit sketchy on it, but at the end of the day is was done pretty well. The whole 'one man army, sole soldier' was part of the mystique, so now there will be a bigger involvment/help/recruitment, I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it as much. Here's hoping that they keep up the great work and only make things better, at least I'm glad it's still set in Renaissance time!
Multiplayer - Eh, I never thought it could work with such a game and I only enjoyed it as a single player experience, so doesn't fuss me. Strange that it's NOT AC3 btw, more of an extension on the first? Interesting. Seeing as it'll be releasing pretty soon (in the scheme of things) will it use the exact mechanics of AC2, just touched up?

Last edited:
So in this game, how are they going to fit it with the canon of the series???? Is Desmond going to be in the animus playing at Ezio or is it just straight up Ezio with no "present" time I wonder????

E3 2010: AC: Brotherhood Will Include Mission Replays
Written Thursday, June 17, 2010 By Richard Walker

While pressing flesh amongst the E3 throng, Mr. Daniel Webblesque has been told by a Ubisoft representative that Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood will feature mission replays, enabling players to return to the game and give any assassination another shot.

The addition comes in response to players that wanted to return to missions like the Da Vinci glider one in Assassin's Creed II, but were unable to.

Well, now you will be able to go back to any mission at any time, so if you felt you could have perhaps performed a certain assassination a lot more smoothly and you want to have another try, you can.

We think we've laboured the point enough now. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood will be launching in November 2010.

There will be no new Assassin's Creed game next year as Ubisoft prepares to give the series a breather after Brotherhood.

Following hot on the heels of Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood is an extension of last year's Renaissance-set game, adding multiplayer and an all-new city to the adventures of Ezio. We played it before this year's E3 and walked away with smiles on our faces.

The third game proper – which will likely move the action on from Assassin's Creed II's setting – won't be coming next year according to comments made to Eurogamer by Ubisoft Montreal's Jean-Francois Boivin.

"Honestly, I think for the benefit of everybody – and business can come back and override everything I say because at the end of the day it's about selling games – I believe that this license needs a breather. You can't plough a field every year," he said, "Once every three years – or once every something – you have to let it breathe. You have to let the minerals back in. I think it's the same thing with any license, really."

The setting for the next game has been decided on, though Boivin wouldn't be pushed into giving any further details. "We know exactly where we're going," he said. "It would lack vision and blunt intelligence to wing it episode after episode. We have to have some vision with the story. We very much do; we know all that stuff."

Kind of sucks, wish they would have made Assassin's Creed 3 over brotherhood

Since the creator of AC has retired, this may be the last of the great AC games.

I love the multiplayer idea though. Everyone is out to kill only one of the other players.

WARNING THERE MAY BE SPOILERS

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/zzNs4-kRLaE&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/zzNs4-kRLaE&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/jqZlioiBfSc&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/jqZlioiBfSc&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/KtDLFtBvka4&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/KtDLFtBvka4&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/gktMzn_oAYw&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/gktMzn_oAYw&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Am I the only one not stoked for multiplayer? Like, it's cool and all but either way I couldn't care less, it's just a single player game in my eyes.

Am I the only one not stoked for multiplayer? Like, it's cool and all but either way I couldn't care less, it's just a single player game in my eyes.

Same. The campaign is all I really care about.

yea I heard they're takin that part out completely, for this one, Im assuming they're gonna focus on Ezio, then the next game which should be released 2012, will probably pick back up with Desmond

Back