Assassin's Creed 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't have many problems with the first one. Of course the repetition got boring but I feel it's like GTA sometimes. Ubisoft needs to incorporate some type of co-op for this game sort of like Tenchu Z

The first didn't wow me...repetitive, boring missions, and a way overhyped game that failed to live up to it. So it's going to take a lot more to win me over than a few new tricks.

I loved Assasins Creed. The depth of the crusades stroryline, the sheer size of the 3 cities, Altair's free-running dexterity, the multiple approaches to every scenario, the sword-fights, and the side-missions held me captive for like 3 streiht days. Amazing game, one of the best of this generation that I've played.

No one else had created an open-world game like that so actually I think they were quite right to hype it. Obviously not everyone would appreciate a game like AC, and I've found very few people that share my passion for the game, but I love it nonetheless.

Hats off to Ubisoft for daring to be different.

Last edited:
I loved Assasins Creed. The depth of the crusades stroryline, the sheer size of the 3 cities, Altair's free-running dexterity, the multiple approaches to every scenario, the sword-fights, and the side-missions held me captive for like 3 streiht days. Amazing game, one of the best of this generation that I've played.

No one else had created an open-world game like that so actually I think they were quite right to hype it. Obviously not everyone would appreciate a game like AC, and I've found very few people that share my passion for the game, but I love it nonetheless.

Hats off to Ubisoft for daring to be different.

The cities were hyped to be bigger than they were. The sword fighting was tedious, as were the redundant missions. And the modern day story involved really sucked hard. GTA4 was bigger and on a more impressive scale. Most likely one of the worst games I've played this gen.

My main problem with Assassin's Creed was that although it was supposed to be really open to how you wanted to assassinate someone, they would do things to restrict you to doing it the way they wanted.

Plus the sword combat stuff really sucked, looks like they're improving that for this one.

My main problem with Assassin's Creed was that although it was supposed to be really open to how you wanted to assassinate someone, they would do things to restrict you to doing it the way they wanted.

Plus the sword combat stuff really sucked, looks like they're improving that for this one.

Exactly my points. It's so cumbersome and they made it sound all fluid.

Could someone please point me to a game that features more fluid sword-fighting than AS? Because if such a game exists -- and I am not here saying it doesn't -- I haven't played it yet :monkey3

i never had a problem fighting multiple enemies. i usually went around picking fights to see how many i could rack up.

Thanks. Didn't want to reply so this wouldn't turn to the ping-pong E3 thread. Even though fighting is heavily discouraged in AS due to the diversity of ways to tackle missions, I found the sword combat mechanic in AS was the best, and by far the most fluid sword-fighting experience I've had on any console game to date; infact combat was so fluid [for me] that, like hairlesswookie, I too went around picking fights to see how long I could last in open combat, even after getting the achievement.

Again, if another game exists with more fluid sword-fighting mechanics, I'll be thrilled to hear about it :monkey3

And the free-running elements are second to none. The issue of repititiveness is subjective. Each assasination mission had it's unique character sorrounded in a unique citadel that had to be approached to totally different ways. I never for a second felt like I was playing a mission that was a rehash of a previous one.

If the argument is that the sword-fighting, the running, the stealth, the dialogue, the pick-pocketing, the flag-hunting, the templar-killing, the mission escapes -- well you get the point -- if the argument is that all these elements get repititive, then so is Street Fighter for being a fighting game, or Gears of War for being a shooter. Some elements are key in a video-game and need to be used repeatedly. Though that's just stating the obvious...

Assassins Creed was not about the animus, it was about the Crusades, [the Greed of] the Templars and Salahadin's grip on the cities, alongside all the twists and sub-plots along the way... that for me was the storyline that made me fall in love with AS.

Last edited:
^^good points and that's why i tried to overlook the small things in this game. the story was what drove me to complete all the missions and try all the different approaches.

Assassin's Creed is gearing up to be one of the best new "next-gen" franchises. While a lot of franchises are built upon things we've seen in the 80's...90's...etc., it's good to see AC come out with strong backing from its parent company Ubisoft.

I remember them saying that Assassin's Creed is their realistic approach to whole "medieval/arabic (at the time with AC1) theme" while Prince of Persia was their fantasy approach.

I remember them saying that Assassin's Creed is their realistic approach to whole "medieval/arabic (at the time with AC1) theme" while Prince of Persia was their fantasy approach.
exactly. i haven't played the new PoP yet, but i'm sure the game is more fantasy than the AC theme. i really like the new AC videos, but then again i also really loved the first one and a lot of people feel it was a huge let down from all the hype that was built before release.

I really enjoyed the story in the first AC. It was probably my second favorite aspect behind the free running on the roofs of the game's big cities. Repetition be damned, I enjoyed the game thoroughly. It's probably in my top 10 favorite NEW franchises in this console generation. The only disappointment I had was the cliffhanger ending, which should be addressed in AC 2.

I gave up on AC1 because being deaf I had little clues as what to do......other than the mission objectives screen. Hopefully they won't be either too cheap or have the lead time to produce captions for this one.

:banghead

I gave up on AC1 because being deaf I had little clues as what to do......other than the mission objectives screen. Hopefully they won't be either too cheap or have the lead time to produce captions for this one.

:banghead

You have a point. I never thought about how deaf people play games. A lot of games offer captions but a lot don't. Interesting point of view.

Back