Assassin's Creed 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, thanks for the heads up. If you're right about that, then I don't think GTA games are for me (I've seriously never, ever played a GTA game) :lol.

You might want to solicit some more opinions or read some GTA reviews before you come down to a decision like that.

I couldn't agree less with Skutto's comparison of GTA and Assassin's Creed.

You might want to solicit some more opinions or read some GTA reviews before you come down to a decision like that.

Well, Altair does kill a lot of Crusaders - who were like cops during that period in time :lol.

I've already read the reviews of the GTA games, but I've never been interested in the franchise. I tend to stay away from things with too much profanity, and sex :monkey3.

Well, Altair does kill a lot of Crusaders - who were like cops during that period in time :lol.

I've already read the reviews of the GTA games, but I've never been interested in the franchise. I tend to stay away from things with too much profanity, and sex :monkey3.

GTA is more than just profanity and sex. It's evolved over the years and frankly, it's one of the most mature and sophisticated video game experiences to date, and by mature I don't mean in a juvenile way. It'd take too much time and effort to explain why GTA, especially GTA4, is worth playing and why it's completely different than a game like Assassin's Creed. The two games share a few similarities, but they're like nigh and day.

I really recommend at least trying GTA4 and seeing how you like it. Rent it, borrow it, or heck it's only $30 bucks now I think, give it a shot.

GTA is more than just profanity and sex. It's evolved over the years and frankly, it's one of the most mature and sophisticated video game experiences to date, and by mature I don't mean in a juvenile way. It'd take too much time and effort to explain why GTA, especially GTA4, is worth playing and why it's completely different than a game like Assassin's Creed. The two games share a few similarities, but they're like nigh and day.

I really recommend at least trying GTA4 and seeing how you like it. Rent it, borrow it, or heck it's only $30 bucks now I think, give it a shot.

Yeah, GTA games are dirt cheap right now - I saw Vice City at Gamestop for just $4.99. So, maybe you're right. It won't kill my wallet to at least check the games out.

I didn't say the GTA games were bad, I just said that Assassin's Creed was no more repetitive than a GTA game. If you think about it, both games feature large open-world environments to explore, as well as story-based and side missions. Because of the sheer magnitude of the game world, some of the missions invariably involve doing the same thing, albeit in different areas or with different opponents.

It's always drive somewhere quickly, or kill everyone at a specific location, or escape from the cops. How is that any different than eavesdropping on coversations, or picking pockets, or escaping pursuing guards? My point is that there are only so many mission variations with the only real difference being the environment in which you do them.

Some find that kind of thing repetitve, but I don't. As I said, I enjoyed Assassin's Creed immensely, so when I'm comparing it to GTA, I'm doing so favourably.

I didn't say the GTA games were bad, I just said that Assassin's Creed was no more repetitive than a GTA game. If you think about it, both games feature large open-world environments to explore, as well as story-based and side missions. Because of the sheer magnitude of the game world, some of the missions invariably involve doing the same thing, albeit in different areas or with different opponents.

It's always drive somewhere quickly, or kill everyone at a specific location, or escape from the cops. How is that any different than eavesdropping on coversations, or picking pockets, or escaping pursuing guards? My point is that there are only so many mission variations with the only real difference being the environment in which you do them.

Some find that kind of thing repetitve, but I don't. As I said, I enjoyed Assassin's Creed immensely, so when I'm comparing it to GTA, I'm doing so favourably.

Assassin's Creed has about 3 or 4 different objective varieties. GTA has much more than that AND you can interact with the game's world on a magnitude much larger than Assassin's Creed. Tell me, outside of doing missions in AC, what can you do in the open world? Collect flags and run from point a to b. That's it.

What can you do in GTA in between missions? Collect fares in a taxi, stop crime in a cop car, drive an ambulance to rescue injured people, find tons of hidden packs in the open world, fly helicopters and jets; in San Andreas you could pump iron to build muscle and stamina, you could trade drugs in Chinatown Wars, you buy different clothes for your character, you can BUY YOUR OWN HOUSE, in GTA4 you could go on dates and take your friends out for leisure, you can go bowling, play darts, watch a theater show, watch tv in your apartment, go and get drunk, and so forth and so on.

A game that makes me stuff dead bodies into the trunk of a car and drive cautiously so I don't get pulled over by cops (a mission from GTA4) or fly a jet pack over an entire city (an option in GTA: San Andreas) is already more varied than Assassin's Creed.

Most arguments about GTA being repetitive boil down to "oh, you're just killing things". That's entirely wrong and even if that were true, that notion applies to the majority of games out there.

321l.jpg

^ Just so there's no confusion, That is a new character. He is NOT Altair. His name is Ezio.

From Kotaku:

Meet Ezio, the new white-clad contract killer taking over for Altair in Assassin's Creed II.

Issue 103 of Game Informer magazine should be hitting store shelves next week, featuring the world exclusive reveal of Assassin's Creed II, with Ezio dramatically posing on the front cover. Ezio is a young noble who lost his family to rival families and is out for revenge, or at least I am assuming he's out for revenge. He could be just fine with it, having wanted to be an assassin anyway.

^ Just so there's no confusion, That is a new character. He is NOT Altair. His name is Ezio.

From Kotaku:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="https://v.giantrealm.com/embed/publisher_id=10&file_id=MWMxYTNlNTFkYjU2MjRjMjNlNTAwZDQ0N2Q1NmUwOTJkYmRjNmIzZA==&from=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zY3Jld2F0dGFjay5jb20vSGFyZE5ld3MvMDQxMDA5" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="https://v.giantrealm.com/embed/publisher_id=10&file_id=MWMxYTNlNTFkYjU2MjRjMjNlNTAwZDQ0N2Q1NmUwOTJkYmRjNmIzZA==&from=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zY3Jld2F0dGFjay5jb20vSGFyZE5ld3MvMDQxMDA5" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="355" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

This has already probably been posted (my work computer block 90% of video streaming) but just in case:

<embed src='https://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=14302493&downloadURL=https://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox360/video/article/988/988453/assassinscreed2_trl_e3_052909_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all%"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360'></embed><div style='width:433;'><a href='https://xbox360.ign.com/objects/143/14302493.html'>More Assassin's Creed II News & Previews</a></div>

I can't wait!

Another great trailer.
Altair is way over due for the 1/6th treatment.
Get on the ball HT.

I saw some gameplay footage from the Sony press conference on G4 and I can't freakin wait for this game. I love the fact that you can disarm your opponents and use their own weapons against them. Also.....double hidden blades FTW!!! :D

awesome, i had fun with the first assassins although yes the missions did a bit tedious but jumping from rooftop to rooftop was a blast and the combat wasnt that bad either..........here's hoping for mission variety.

totally... great game, but only for 20 minutes at a time.

I enjoyed the first game. However, I hated doing the same crap over and over. It sounds like they took all the dumb stuff out for this one. This game should be fantastic!

Back