Asmus Toys: Nazgûl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might have something to do with it being in semi-profile. I think the squish is most noticeable straight on. The profile looks pretty spot-on, I think.

I'm planning to display my Gandy White either in full or semi-profile.

I bit the bullet and preordered the Nazgul and Steed today. It's my first Asmus figure in this line and just too cool looking to pass up.

The 'White Horse' and the 'Brown Horse' have already been up for pre-order for a couple of days on Amiami and HLJ...in case someone still wondering.

The final sample of the Nazgul is back.
The strength of articulations are very good. It can stand on 3 legs.

Also, the light up eyes and flocking is working well.

However we feel the tail is too short. and teeth paint job has room to improve.

IMG_8644.JPG
IMG_8646.JPG

Definitely agree that the teeth need work. The cuts and wounds also need to be more wet and bloody looking like the proto. I realize that the cloth wrap on his back and over his neck will cover a lot of the horse but this sample is far too clean and perfect looking. The whole thing should look more like the feet/ankles of the horse -- more weathered and dirty. If that's possible.

I agree also the tail could be longer and more straggly -- meaning, uneven cut on the hair.

Is it possible to see this production sample with all the gear on? I think seeing it like this may be doing it a disservice.

Those are unflattering pics, so it should present a lot better in hand. The flocking really draws attention away from the articulation points. I really like it so far, taking into consideration Wor-Gar's points :)

If Asmus is just getting their final production piece now, but there are still changes as mentioned by Asmus, then the Nazgul and Steed must be pretty far off from US delivery. I can't see this getting to BBTS until February at the earliest.

Asmus, I guessing that the realistic delivery to the Asian market for this piece is December, yes?

If that's true, is there anything else scheduled for release before this year's end?

If Asmus is just getting their final production piece now, but there are still changes as mentioned by Asmus, then the Nazgul and Steed must be pretty far off from US delivery. I can't see this getting to BBTS until February at the earliest.

Asmus, I guessing that the realistic delivery to the Asian market for this piece is December, yes?

If that's true, is there anything else scheduled for release before this year's end?

Hi War-Gar,
our delivery date is end of October and early November.
The mold is ready and printing now. So it only comes down to paint job.
if lucky we will go exams the final product at end of this month.
Once we done, it is packing and shipping in less a week.

Definitely agree that the teeth need work. The cuts and wounds also need to be more wet and bloody looking like the proto. I realize that the cloth wrap on his back and over his neck will cover a lot of the horse but this sample is far too clean and perfect looking. The whole thing should look more like the feet/ankles of the horse -- more weathered and dirty. If that's possible.

I agree also the tail could be longer and more straggly -- meaning, uneven cut on the hair.

Is it possible to see this production sample with all the gear on? I think seeing it like this may be doing it a disservice.

Just pass the comments to the factory!

We will gear up one later !

Hi War-Gar,

WOW! That's fast! Great news!

We will gear up one later !

Very eager to see that! :clap

I feel like the color is not dark enough. On this lighting it seems more like gray, it shoud be pitch black.

I think the problem is that the flocking is so dark that they needed to blast it with light for it to read. They do this on ebay all the time. The harsh white light is not very flattering, that's for sure. The hair does look gray but I'm assuming its black.

I feel like the color is not dark enough. On this lighting it seems more like gray, it shoud be pitch black.

I think the problem is that the flocking is so dark that they needed to blast it with light for it to read. They do this on ebay all the time. The harsh white light is not very flattering, that's for sure. The hair does look gray but I'm assuming its black.

Yup. Plus, I think the material the flocking dust is made of is slightly reflective, so it will probably have a bit of a sheen in hand. Much like faux velvet. I remember having toys as a kid that had a flocked treatment and they had a slight glimmer when you turned them in the light.

Hi War-Gar,

Awesome!

:yess:

Will the Wraith and the Wraith/Horse combo be shipping at the same time?

Great work, I like the flocking it looks awesome ! But the tail is indeed way too short. No other comments, apart of what Wor-Gar already said.
:)

Back