Asmus Toys: Nazgûl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's to bad, as that is the same garb the Sideshow sixth scale figure was in. I was hoping for his Amon Hen garb, with Narsil as an extra accessory to replicate his Paths of the Dead look. My second choice would have been his Black Gates garb.
Don't quote me on this but IIRC their spokesman said he would bounce the idea around to higher ups about including some extras to be able to make Battle Of Helms Deep Aragorn. Being as Aragorn is probably my favorite character and it's taking so long for any reveal I'm hoping they are doing a bang up job on him.

I actually would prefer rotk Aragorn, if prefer his king outfit but would go for the black gate outfit too

So don't get it? We don't know what the finished product will be but as it is now it is an absolutely fantastic piece. If something as insignificant as that seam is going to ruin the whole figure for you then the choice should be simple. I don't see how they can take a straight piece of fabric without a seam there and drape it around a head and make it look good?

I'm Taking your advice and not buying it because of you thanks for the help.

I need to see some brighter pictures to see if the joints on the horse is visible.

You're the dude who didn't shag Scarlett Johansson in college because of that mole on her neck.

Jeremy Renner has those creepy looking fingers of his and I'd still shag him! I'd just make him wear gloves. :lol

I think either Gandalf or Guritz will have the new body so we should know how it is before the Nazgul hits. If you want this though I would be keeping a close watch on it. Of all the LOTR figures Asmus is releasing I think this one could be the one to sell out.

ETA After checking the specs on this figure on the Asmus website it says it will have the Kaustik Plastik body that is supposed to be better than the one on The Witch King.

They've said that with Guritz they're experimenting with a lower price point and the I assume that means that the body will be the same as Gothmog or worse.

You're absolutely right, licenses are regularly sliced and diced into ultra specific categories. Especially when it comes to the category of collectible (1/6, busts, t-shirts, bobble-heads, etc.) I actually work in the legal department of a "major media company" and I've seen these kinds of license agreements up close and personal.

But in this case, my guess is, it's unlikely that NL/WB licensed out 1/6 figures from only one of those movies. LOTR is generally treated as a single property when it comes to licensing these days. (In the early days, they were separated more because all three movies hadn't come out yet.)

If they wanted to do a smaller, cheaper license, it's somewhat more likely that they'd just limit the number of figures they could make, rather than limit the movie they could be from.

I don't have any inside info on this specific contract, but that's my guess.

They have mentioned that characters from The Hobbit are possible, so it sounds like the license is pretty broad.

885501_10151951332146968_5784971481070655224_o.jpg

I have the Which King and I also have Gandalf on order. I will pass on the horse because of the visible joints. Did the horse really need articulaton...wiith the cost of ugly visible joints?

I have the Which King and I also have Gandalf on order. I will pass on the horse because of the visible joints. Did the horse really need articulaton...wiith the cost of ugly visible joints?

I don't think the joints are going to be that noticeable. With the cloak of the rider and the riding gear on the horse, the hip & shoulder joints probably won't show that much at all. For those buying multiple horses, I think it's important to have some articulation so that they all don't have the same pose.

The whole point of 1/6 action figures is that they're articulated. A horse without articulation is a statue.

^^^ was just going to say that. Also, what if the static pose isn't something you like? Lots of "limitations" for non-articulated figures as well.

I'm going to make the "cut" joints work in my favor -- I'm going to bloody them up so they look like actual cuts. :)

I don't have the kahunas to mod my figures like that, but that's a great idea to disguise the joints - it'd really work with the character.

I have a Dragon horse that I've 'set and forget' in a neutral pose since I got it - but it took a lot of experimenting with poses to get that perfect neutral pose :lol

There should be some good pose options with articulation like that. I think the Dark Rider PF pose isn't out of the question, either.
I don't think so. The hind legs can only go so far back before they hit the hindquarters. Think you'd be able to get a mild leaping pose, but not a full on rearing horse, like in the PF.

The whole point of 1/6 action figures is that they're articulated. A horse without articulation is a statue.
I think this was a good compromise and with the that shiny fake horse hair they're putting on, I bet it will conceal the joints pretty well (my only concern would be the horse hair getting rubbed off at the joints, over time). Add to that the cloak, riding gear (as starscream mentions) and some favourable lighting, and it will probably be near invisible.

Still, I get the attraction of no articulation, too. In this case, I think it works, but I feel Sideshow got it right for both the Dewback and Tauntaun. I'm happier with both as statues than I would be if they'd tried to add articulation.

Back