ASMUS toys: Mouth of Sauron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibly but they seemed so into the detail and richness of the project it doesn't seem like they'd default for this. Maybe its to show the high-level of Mouth... similar crown on the handle, etc. Maybe WitchKing and Mouth are the two highest leaders under Sauron.

That's what I'm thinking, too. The other eight Nazgul have matching swords and they're all the same "rank". But the WK and MoS have this one and they're a step higher. Maybe swords are a mark of rank in Sauron's army.

When i get this I'm gonna epoxy the horse together and fill sand gaps...then paint...hes gonna be a statue in the end

When i get this I'm gonna epoxy the horse together and fill sand gaps...then paint...hes gonna be a statue in the end

That's what I plan on doing with the mounted Ringwraith when I finally pick that set up. Not sure I'll do it with this set, though, since I don't think you'll see the joints ... I think the MoS horse has a lot more dressing and mail covering the legs. Unless I need to do it for stability.

ahh mang i may need to get this, not a huge LOTR fan but love how evil the evil characters are! no shades of grey at all.

thks for posting the page with his backstory. loved reading that.:clap

I've always loved the design of this character. The oversized mouth, the giant teeth, the torn lips, the lack of eyes ... straight out of a horror movie. (But not one of the goofy horror movies Jackson would make.)

SO glad Jackson & Weta went with the oversized mouth during the design of the character. According to the DVD extras, they had toyed with the idea of flipping his mouth sideways, making it vertical, but that would have just been bizarre, and not nearly as creepy.

I've always loved the design of this character. The oversized mouth, the giant teeth, the torn lips, the lack of eyes ... straight out of a horror movie. (But not one of the goofy horror movies Jackson would make.)

SO glad Jackson & Weta went with the oversized mouth during the design of the character. According to the DVD extras, they had toyed with the idea of flipping his mouth sideways, making it vertical, but that would have just been bizarre, and not nearly as creepy.
Then it would have been called the ****** of Sauron.:monkey4. Seriously? The proper name for a woman's sexual organs is censored?:slap

Well ... I was thinking more ... Leela's mutant dad on Futurama. :lol

Leela's Dad.jpg

Well, they changed it for a reason :lol

Wish he came with Frodo's Mithril shirt, though. Would be a perfect way to pose him. Anyone know where to pick up a 1/6 chainmail shirt?

Asmus Collectible Toys
THE LORD OF THE RING – The MOUTH OF SAURON 1/6 SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE.:
(Product ID: LOTR009)

The Mouth of Sauron Sixth Scale Figure features:
Authentic and detailed fully realistic likeness of MOS from The Lord of the Ring : Return of the King
· Asmus Toys KP01A+ male body
· Approximately 35 cm tall
· Over 36 points of articulation

Features :
· An authentic likeness of MOS from the film.
. Four changeable mouths
· One pair of gloved relaxing posture hand
· One pair of gloved weapon holding hand
· One pair of gloved open palm hand
· One pair of Orc feet (can be equipped on a regular 12” body to build an orc)

Special features on Clothing:
· One dark brown inner garment
· One pair of MOS robes
· One pair of black pants
· One pair of boots

Bonus Features:
. Fully armored stead of The Mouth of Sauron

Special features in weapons:
· Sword of Mouth of Sauron

Accessories:
· One interractive cutom base
· One Asmus Toys figure stand

Est. Shipping Date: Q4 2015
MSRP: 299.95 USD

S002.jpg
A001.jpg
S001.jpg
A000.jpg
S000.jpg
H000.jpg
S003.jpg
H001.jpg

Wow, Asmus keeps on improving ! Absolutely love it. The heavily armoured steed is a great addition as well. Can't wait to get his master as well. I bid welcome to Sauron the great ;)

Back