ASMUS toys: Mouth of Sauron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That picture looks very cool! I've been looking forward to this figure since the first rumors a couple of years ago! :clap Can't wait to get a better look at that head sculpt and the horse's kit!

This is a TINY observation and one that might very well be swept away by future pictures, but something about the body proportions seems a little off. He's ever so slightly ... I don't know ... stumpy? I think it might be because Bruce Spence, who played MoS, is super tall and gangly. I think he's over 6'6" and very skinny.

That's actually a specific body type that I wish existed for 1/6 figures. Sure, you can add ankle extensions, but it never quite feels right. Because you also need longer arms and a longer torso, too. The tall, skinny, lanky build could be used on a fair number of figures (any character played by Liam Neeson, for instance).

But it's a super-minor nit. Really, it's more of an observation than a nit. And one I would never expect Asmus to address. (This is a very minor character, after all, who doesn't even appear in the theatrical cut of the movie. And I'm sure they won't be making a huge run of him. So it would be totally unreasonable to expect they would put this on anything but a standard body.)

That said, I could totally see myself eventually swapping it out for a custom gangly body -- if I could figure out how to cobble one together ...

The only concern I have is their QC, based on the missing parts, wonky legs on the Nazgul rider. But, for $300 it will fill a gap in the rider/steed series.

That picture looks very cool! I've been looking forward to this figure since the first rumors a couple of years ago! :clap Can't wait to get a better look at that head sculpt and the horse's kit!

This is a TINY observation and one that might very well be swept away by future pictures, but something about the body proportions seems a little off. He's ever so slightly ... I don't know ... stumpy? I think it might be because Bruce Spence, who played MoS, is super tall and gangly. I think he's over 6'6" and very skinny.

That's actually a specific body type that I wish existed for 1/6 figures. Sure, you can add ankle extensions, but it never quite feels right. Because you also need longer arms and a longer torso, too. The tall, skinny, lanky build could be used on a fair number of figures (any character played by Liam Neeson, for instance).

But it's a super-minor nit. Really, it's more of an observation than a nit. And one I would never expect Asmus to address. (This is a very minor character, after all, who doesn't even appear in the theatrical cut of the movie. And I'm sure they won't be making a huge run of him. So it would be totally unreasonable to expect they would put this on anything but a standard body.)

That said, I could totally see myself eventually swapping it out for a custom gangly body -- if I could figure out how to cobble one together ...

I think its mostly the perspective. To me the proportions seem perfectly fine

When I first saw it, I thought the head didn't look long enough, but it's hard to tell in that pic.

Its pointless to give the figure any critique yet, the pic is hardly a good one.

Here is a sneak peek!
It is pending approval.
so please keep the picture within the forum!
:rotfl

S003.jpg

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Wa-Hoo!!!!!!

I am so excited right now! Thank you Andy or George!

So many questions, but one real fast: is that WitchKing sword a temporary or is that actually the sword he had?

NEVERMIND -- found it:

snngz3o.jpg

Figure looks great, Asmus!

The sword is interesting ... It's definitely the same as the Witch-King's. I wonder if it's just a situation where the filmmakers re-used a prop out of convenience (he never draws it, so why design a whole new one when you can just strap an existing sword on him?) ... OR ... if the designers did that on purpose because they had a backstory in mind where the Witch-King and MoS were issued matching weapons.

I....ummm....wow.
To see the awesomeness of Saruman was one thing...
Then the recent pics of the GtG sculpt was another....
But THIS!!!!
I think Asmus has a new customer!

I wonder if it's just a situation where the filmmakers re-used a prop out of convenience

Possibly but they seemed so into the detail and richness of the project it doesn't seem like they'd default for this. Maybe its to show the high-level of Mouth... similar crown on the handle, etc. Maybe WitchKing and Mouth are the two highest leaders under Sauron.

Back