Asmus Toys: Merry and Pippin Lord of the Rings 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. So like the "Slim" Saruman doesn't come with the Palintir and the stand. The "Slim" Aragorn doesn't have his bow, quiver, etc.

If the new heads come out as good as the sculpts that have been teased, I will also be getting all four Hobbits. I would prefer they were not slim honestly as I passed on the original offerings and they seemed to be good kits.

Me too... I do understand the concept of the slim version but I missed out on Merry & Pippin set mainly due to the fact that I was late to the party and by the time that I made up my mind to jump in and get into the hobby this set was nowhere to be found. I did manage to get the Frodo & Sam kit and Gandalf, Aragorn etc. Despite the problems I have with the likeness of the head I am very happy with the quality of the accessories. I am no professional photographer and I'm busy with school projects most of the days but I've had a lot of fun posing them and trying to create scenes from the movies. I really do hope that I can get the chance of owning the set with full accessories... I don't know if I make a lot of sense to you but I thought the accessories were a lot of fun, I'd hate to lose that.

slim merry and pippin get rid off elven cape and daggers, but will have original travel cape and the amon sul swords

Inviato dal mio SM-A500FU utilizzando Tapatalk

They've definitely confirmed the original cloaks, but I don't think Asmus has ever confirmed the Weathertop swords ...

(But I'm very much hoping for them!)

Merry.jpgPippin.jpg

Looks like updated sculpts just posted

Great to see the sculpts and the cloaks. With only one picture to go by to me it looks like Merry came out great. It something seems off about Pippin. It might be something as simple as the lighting of the picture but something seems off. Maybe the hair or the coloring?

Will these be on display at SDCC? I don't know if I like Pippin's expression. It really looks like the actor but the expression is just so... lolz/creepy. :lol
Will Merry & Pippin (slim edition) be available at other online retailers as the other slim versions did?
Will we see Frodo & Sam 2.0 very soon?

Merry looks okay but my advice is to make the eyes a little larger.
I think Pippin would look normal when you let his eyes look to the left or right and not central.
It now has a vibe from that Woody figure:

Woody.jpg

edit: I just read their FB-post. M&P will be at SDCC! :clap

Yeah can't wait to see more photos. Pip looks a bit creepy here. The sculpt looks better than the originals, the paint quality looks better, but something is off. More photos should help determine.

My wife says pip looks like a creepy clown child.

Maybe it's not the eyes but the hair that makes Merry's sculpt look off somehow...

Agree with most of the posts here, Merry looks great, but something not quite right about Pip.

Pippin's hair looks as if he just stepped out of the rain..a little too flat. Hair is a little on the dark side, too. I think if we see pics with an exposed neck , lighter hair and a softer facial paint app, it will do. Either way I am ordering both as soon as they become available.

I think Pippin's hair and face just need slightly different paint apps and he'll look terrific. The underlying sculpt itself is terrific--the paint is just letting it down a bit right now.

I don't care for either one. Glad I got the first pair because, red cheeks and all, they're better than these new ones.

yeah i don't know if it's the paint or what else but they seems worse than the originals... merry hair in particular are terrible. i hope they will fix them like they do with boromir...

Inviato dal mio SM-A500FU utilizzando Tapatalk

I think Merry looks really good. I would rather of had a neutral expression on Pippin. The first Pippin without so much red and the second Merry would be great. Kind of stuck though as I didn't get any of the hobbits the first time around so these will have to do.

Last edited:
Merry looks fantastic. Pippin still up in the air for me. As previously mentioned, I think the issue is with his eyes or that area. It's what seems most off to me.

(But will still get them both...) :wink1:

Back