Asmus Toys: Merry and Pippin Lord of the Rings 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, thats the idea,
we also think this may be the very last time we ever go back to Pip and Merry...

No offense to P&M lover, but they are still not major heroes.
cool... can you give us some hints about gandalf the grey? original proto head with sculpted hair and what else [emoji1] ? and for gandalf the white :?
Lol, thats the idea,
we also think this may be the very last time we ever go back to Pip and Merry...

Inviato dal mio SM-A500FU utilizzando Tapatalk

cool... can you give us some hints about gandalf the grey? original proto head with sculpted hair and what else [emoji1] ? and for gandalf the white :?

Inviato dal mio SM-A500FU utilizzando Tapatalk

They are happening,
as you know, we are still working hard to develop new characters as the priority.

Slim version is something we jam in between the gaps of our timeline,
after all, we still need new figure to make money to sustain the company.

I have already ordered the Aragorn head, and all four of my Hobbits are getting the upgrades when they release too. Very glad to hear a Gandalf the Grey head is happening too, he is already on of my favourite figures!
But also glad these won't delay Legolas, Gimli, Boromir, Elrond and Sauron*

*while I know some of these haven't been confirmed, I can hope right? :pray:

They are happening,
as you know, we are still working hard to develop new characters as the priority.

Great news! I know there have been a few missteps and it is great to hear you will be releasing updates/accessory packs of the major characters. I know I have bought every single one of your Middle Earth figures and overall I am thrilled to have them. I really hope the line is making money for you because I hope to see it last a long time. For the quality, price, selection and the fact that Asmus goes an extra mile to try to improve not just with the new figures but even goes back and tries to improve figures that were already released, you all have become my favorite 1/6 figure company.

I cannot think of a company that I would rather have the Lord of the Rings license. I cannot see any other putting forth this much effort into it.

Pip and Merry look very good after printing out
it is slightly bigger because we kept it 5%+ for the mold shrinkage.

Capes are added as requested. They will be sold within the expansion pack (head)

View attachment 343572

Can't wait to see these painted, any approximation on when they will be offered for sale? A must buy as far as I'm concerned. Great to see Asmus caring about the customers complaints and really wanting to give us what we really want.

They are happening,

The original teased head is coming?!?!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

They are happening,

Can we get any hints on who those new characters are going to be, by any chance? As much as I love getting news about these updates (especially Aragorn and Merry and Pippin, as about a week after I saw they sold out everywhere the updates were announced! :lol), but nothing gets me more excited like seeing a new figure coming into this line! :)

Can we get any hints on who those new characters are going to be, by any chance? As much as I love getting news about these updates (especially Aragorn and Merry and Pippin, as about a week after I saw they sold out everywhere the updates were announced! :lol), but nothing gets me more excited like seeing a new figure coming into this line! :)

Boromir and Gimli for sure,
hopefully we can display them both in SDCC.

Both excellent choices. Add Elrond and Haldir to your list and it would round out the elves that I would like.
Yes of course. I'd love to see Gil-Galad as well, and normally I'd say he's maybe too obscure, but Asmus already did the Mouth of Sauron. :lol I wonder if they're still going to do the soldiers of Middle-earth like their original website said? Because I'd love to see some Elven soldiers, like the Helm's Deep Lorien ones, or Last Alliance soldiers, or Mirkwood infantry from The Hobbit. And of course Gondorians! I don't think there's anything I don't want!

Thank you Asmus! Very excited to see Boromir and Gimli!
I am hoping for a Balin's Tomb display stand for a deluxe Gimli. And maybe the funeral boat for Boromir lol.

Is Sauron likely to happen? I know he'll be massive, so probably expensive, but your armour work has been awesome so I can see Sauron being an epic figure, but also no face or hair for the complainers to moan about!
Especially with the stone platform inside Mount Doom to display him on (like Gandalf's but bigger!).

Lol, thats the idea,

While I understand that they are not a priority right now, I hope that the armored versions of both Merry and Pippin will be considered down the road. Asmus has already released a lot of figures as they appeared in the Pelennor Fields and the Black Gate scenes of The Return of the King (Witch King, Gothmog, Guritz, Gandalf the White, Eowyn, and Mouth of Sauron). Figures of Merry in Rohan armor and Pippin in Gondor armor would be nice to go along with those. The heads and helmets could be single pieces since the upcoming add on packs would provide a no-helm swap option.

Anyway, I hope that's an option...especially if a Black Gate Aragorn is in the pipeline (cannot imagine that it wouldn't be).

Back