Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alfrid, I see the potential for a kit bash.

hobbit-gage2.jpg

AR117.jpg

I think Asmus' biggest mistake is not including a torch accessory to recreate Weathertop with the Nazgul.

Lol. That was the 1st 1/6 figure I ever bought. It is want brought me to these boards too. Good times. I am sure my wife wishes I had never been online that fateful day when saw the preview for that preorder.

Funny looking back and seeing us gripe about $65 for a figure.

Oh, I remember when people were livid that ROTS Anakin was $55 dollars when ROTJ Luke was only $50. . . and that was AFTER the Buffy figures were only $40. . . and that was after the Monty Python Knights were only $30. Sideshow's been nickel and diming us for YEARS!!! And I for one, am NOT going to take it anymore. I put up with these ridiculous price jumps year after year, but this year, oh no, I'm putting my foot down.

I mean, let's remember this one people. A set of 5 FIGURES for $150!!! You can't even buy one licensed figure for less than $150 now.

RIDICULOUS!!!

Harumph.

Hi guys,
I am still trying to catch up with the replies,
but before I can finish,
I have to defend that we target the price at $195.50,
its a 2 headed figure, custom made leather (super thin), real boots, and a custom base.
It will be a lot more expensive to make compare to any figure we ever made.
And keep it under 200 its what we can do the best.

There will be more photos of the 2nd head to show. It is actually not that bad... :slap

Orc braces for Build an Orc is also included. More photos will come...

Sword handle is dark green, we have a 1:1 in our workshop, it will be accurate~ don't worry :hi5:

I got my Puffy for $60 ,
I remember it was the most expensive figure (single figure) I ever bought back then...

The crazy thing is, all the factories now knows 1:6 is pricey, so they are not soft on keeping their price high too !

For one head painting (no sculpting, nor mold making) you will be looking at least 10 USD !
so if you ever see Hot Toys head out there sell for $20 or under,
you should not hesitate to bid on it.

rock on, Asmus!!
thanks for posting!! when and how can we order this from YOU??

Since we have contracts with distributors from different regions,
therefore we are not permitted to retail all our LOTR/Hobbt figures.

My best suggestion is to compare, and choose a trusted buyer,
we give out free /additional items, that sometimes are not included in the package (ie: Morgul Lord body),
so make sure it is a trust worth dealer that you do get what it suppose to include.

Orc braces for Build an Orc is also included. More photos will come...

:yess:

Thanks for checking in! Also, love the insight you give on the production issues on your side. I think we are all naïve at times on this side, so any info you can share about how this all works just educates us so that maybe we don't gripe as much. Maybe. :D

Well another insight that may be interesting is.

We (all toy brands) give to our distributor by discount based on our official retail price,
for example. 500 pc for 40% off, 1000 pc for 50%off.

It is the way this business work, and it applies to everyone.

In this case, a retail who is welling to sacrifise his profit by mark the price lower or higher,
its really up to themselves.

thought this would interesting to share~

Well another insight that may be interesting is.

We (all toy brands) give to our distributor by discount based on our official retail price,
for example. 500 pc for 40% off, 1000 pc for 50%off.

It is the way this business work, and it applies to everyone.

In this case, a retail who is welling to sacrifise his profit by mark the price lower or higher,
its really up to themselves.

thought this would interesting to share~

Yep, volume discount is always at work -- but its always good to hear and verify so we know.

Interesting when you see a spread like BBTS ($219.99) against Timewalker ($193.50). Almost a $30 variance -- but as you say, it's their individual call what profit margin they need to justify carrying the product.

BBTS has been on the higher end of retailer pricing, but they have excellent customer service (from my experience) and pack extremely well.

Back