Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if I buy a thousand of these I can get a 50% discount?
think.gif

Yep, volume discount is always at work -- but its always good to hear and verify so we know.

Interesting when you see a spread like BBTS ($219.99) against Timewalker ($193.50). Almost a $30 variance -- but as you say, it's their individual call what profit margin they need to justify carrying the product.

BBTS has been on the higher end of retailer pricing, but they have excellent customer service (from my experience) and pack extremely well.

Timewalker has excellent customer service, and pack their products very carefully, as well. They have multiple ways for you to choose how you want your items shipped when you order as well (ie, add an item to already placed orders, ship as available, etc), and they don't charge you until on imminent arrival to them from their distributor. I rarely order from BBTS (or MOAF) as I find them to be on the high end with their pricing.

But did you say Asmus has "real material" on the gloves? You mean boots, right? Gloves certainly look sculpted to me.

It just looks like there is a thin layer of pleather on the gloves. If it's sculpted is an amazing job.

Has anyone bought from Timewalker before?
Interestingly enough all three went with the ranger but only SS threw in a working black cloak.

Very good point I forgot to mention. Oddly nobody forgot the pipe for the same Pranching Pony scene...:lol

Hi guys,
Sword handle is dark green, we have a 1:1 in our workshop, it will be accurate~ don't worry :hi5:

Good to know! :yess: And thanks for still being around here and talk to us. People can be rude.

Right, so...

Pros:

His right hand seems to have a real glove on? Material?

His boots.

Correct buckle shape for quiver straps.

Vanbraces look good / accurate size.

erm...

Cons:

The headsculpt is awful.

The sword handle is black?

He seems to be wearing a leather jacket.

The bed roll looks like the Sideshow Collectibles one from a thousand years ago (and factory fresh).

His left hand is a totally different colour from his face.

It looks cheap / toy-like.

The screaming sculpt is just...yeah.

The handle is dark green as asmus said earlier, the standard head is not awful not in a million years, the coat is long leather not a jacket. The bed roll is too fresh i agree. His hands are covered in **** and dirt, cos aragorns a mucky pup.

Thanks for weighing Asmus!

Oh and I emailed your website about the Nazgul combo sword since my order finally arrived.

A for the bed roll. It looks a lot better than SS's to me. I don't think they copied. They might have used it as a reference or starting point but it looks like different and thicker material on the outside. I totally missed that the glove might be a different material. That's an awesome catch. As for the hands being a different color, I think they tried to give them a dirty look like in the films. I want to say even in the movies everybody's hands were covered with dirt and grime and their faces were not for the most part. Sam and Frodo's faces got dirtier in the last movie as they got closer and closer to Mount Doom though. So it might be film accurate but not realistic. :dunno The hand color not matching the face is a common issue I have with a decent amount of figures.

On another point earlier the cloaks are a muted shade of green in the movies, in clear lighting they are mossy.

The handle is dark green as asmus said earlier, the standard head is not awful not in a million years, the coat is long leather not a jacket. The bed roll is too fresh i agree. His hamd are covered in **** and dirt, cos aragorns a mucky pup.

I think the head sculpt is great compared to some film photos and way off compared to others. Does anyone remember the Sinefield episode with the two face girl? I think that is part of the problem people are having. Depending on which Aragorn you have in your head this sculpt is either really good or pretty off. Luckily for me it's really good.

On another point earlier the cloaks are a muted shade of green in the movies, in clear lighting they are mossy.

My wife and I were watching Return of the King last night and when Frodo and Sam climb the stairs the cloaks look dark blue-ish blending in with the cliffs. Jackson and company did a real good job with the colors changing and blending in the background with them.

I've been really happy with the ACI version, but seeing how Asmus comes in here and interacts with the customers and handles criticism is incredible. My hat is off to them! The Nazgul steed will be my first purchase from them, and I'm sure I will pick up more. Absolutely will support a company that cares enough to do these things. I may actually pick this up too to combine with the other one to make a perfect Aragorn. Leather jacket? Nice.

Screaming or yelling heads always look a bit funny when frozen in time. This one will go well with StarAce's Voldemorte screaming head.

Hey, George, if you're out there reading -- please let us know if the previously mentioned "arms" for the Build-a-Orc will still be included with Aragorn.

The 300 screaming headsculpt looked far better. This screaming headsculpt is meh. Very meh. Besides that it looks alright.

I have the ACI figure- totally amazing. However this one has great potential if a few things can be improved. The regular HS is pretty darn good. The extra one-well it needs improving.
This is an important LOTR figure- hope they can get it "right"- sets the tone so to speak...

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I am still trying to catch up with the replies,
but before I can finish,
I have to defend that we target the price at $195.50,
its a 2 headed figure, custom made leather (super thin), real boots, and a custom base.
It will be a lot more expensive to make compare to any figure we ever made.
And keep it under 200 its what we can do the best.

There will be more photos of the 2nd head to show. It is actually not that bad... :slap

Orc braces for Build an Orc is also included. More photos will come...

Sword handle is dark green, we have a 1:1 in our workshop, it will be accurate~ don't worry :hi5:

Asmus so is all the leather on Aragorn real leather?

The real leather plays a lot in the favor of this figure and the justification of the price. I feel like this will end up being a figure that looks better in person, but I have to say the neutral sculpt really is pretty darn close. I only have so much space to dedicate to each film I like in 1:6, and as such Gandalf the Grey will get that place in my display. That being said, if this comes out amazing when it hits, I may reconsider adding an additional figure.

You see how people bash HT, so of course they are going to bash everyone else. Goes with the territory these days.

Seems to be exclusively an online phenomenon. I've seen lots of stories lately on the news and elsewhere about this lately. The whole "if you can't say something nice..." lesson you're taught as a kid basically goes out the window when kids can be mean incognito. And "children" love to be mean. I guess its just easier to be mean rather than constructively critical.

Back