Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeez - spoiled much? It's great that they post updates and share what's going on, but give them a break. No other company shares so much - we need to allow them to give out info at their own pace.

I was just cheerleading. Doing a rah rah! :)

conehead.jpg

Apart from the conehead issue that is still present, the eye sockets/brows are wrong as well. He looks sad. Looks like Elessar at the end of ROTK.

Thanks for update. The headsculpt is on the right track.
Both ACI and Asmus are doing a great job in presenting their Aragorn.

That probably means a Bilbo...as they said they won't redo Frodo.

When did they say that? Granted, he's my least favorite character, but I was really hoping to get the entire Fellowship. Seems odd they wouldn't do him, as the only one already done wasn't by them, and it sucks.

Asmus basically said that they won't redo anything that has already been done in 1/6th...at least for the foreseeable future. Hence my comment on Frodo...however, they may change it up and do a 'different' version of Frodo. They have 'hinted' at Gandalf the Grey...but like previously mentioned...they could technically say that and do GtG from The Hobbit.

When did they say that? Granted, he's my least favorite character, but I was really hoping to get the entire Fellowship. Seems odd they wouldn't do him, as the only one already done wasn't by them, and it sucks.

If memory serves, Asmus' original plan was to complete the fellowship (i.e., Gimli, Merry, Pippin) and redo high-demand characters that Sideshow did poorly (at a minimum Aragorn, though they could arguably all use an update).

Frodo and Sam were among the better LOTR figures that Sideshow released, so they're going to be low priority for Asmus. I'd still like to see them all redone because I think they can all be done better.

But, but, but Frodo and Sam were produced in 2008, that's like...olden days. Collectors now cant get them anymore. My first preorder with asmus will be Aragorn, then each member of the Fellowship, that's the master plan.

But, but, but Frodo and Sam were produced in 2008, that's like...olden days. Collectors now cant get them anymore. My first preorder with asmus will be Aragorn, then each member of the Fellowship, that's the master plan.

The SSC LotR frequently come up on eBay for stupidly low prices - Frodo sold from between $48 - $130 just the past 2 weeks.

Thanks Dave, im gonna keep an eye out for those, both eyes as often as I can spare them ;)

Back