Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep need to compare sculpts, clothing, etc. I may end up with both versions though. Good time to be collecting 1/6 LotR.

ACI has shown theirs...

Can't wait to see yours, Asmus!
I'm just guessing here but I fully expect ACIs to be at least 50 dollars more. I imagine both companies weapons will be about the same. I'll be generous and give the edge to ACI on the outfit (please prove me wrong Asmus). If Asmus continues the improvements with the head sculpt it will be an easy choice for me.

I'm just guessing here but I fully expect ACIs to be at least 50 dollars more. I imagine both companies weapons will be about the same. I'll be generous and give the edge to ACI on the outfit (please prove me wrong Asmus). If Asmus continues the improvements with the head sculpt it will be an easy choice for me.

ACI's main problem is that they are charging higher than Hot Toys for figures that aren't up to that standard... the new Asmus sculpt looks like the best Viggo sculpt ever, and apparently it's only 5% complete. But I hope Asmus don't feel the need to do "battle hair" as everyone else has done, and keep the figure open to a wider range of poses, because the great thing about Aragorn is that he probably has the most potential accessories out of all the characters. I hope Asmus remember to include the little hunting knife in his scabbard, and his sword sharpening stone... :wink1:

The ACI costume is looking good, but they should include the ranger cloak with the hood, as should Asmus. It would be great if Asmus threw in both the grey and red shirts...

I can't wait for the full figure reveal...

Accessories wish list for Aragorn figure (aside fromhis basic outfit):
Ranger cloak
Lothlorien cloak
Evenstar
Sharpening stone
Tobacco pouch
Pipe
Hunting knife in the sword scabbard
Elvish dagger
Bow and quiver with arrows & the bag that covers them
Sleeping roll
Boromir's vambraces
And of course, the interchangeable hands

... did I miss anything? LoL

I Hope they make his duster coat with a suede finish to it as should be.

Took the original photo colored by SithThundercracker and reduced the eyes glow. Not that scary anymore!

jft4htyf_zps4b5cb56f.jpg

Someone pull the hairline down a bit. That forehead still bothers me.

IMG_7967.JPG

Heard that hoodonit00 ~

Don't know if this picture will cheer you up at all,
but this is what we do with Aragorn's boots.

Jolly sweet to me!!

Excellent color and weathering! Tailoring seems good as well. :)

Back