Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point Wor-Gar, those cheek bones could be raised up a little bit.

very cool that Asmus is looking for feedback and take positive and negative criticism well, i agree that the lower half looks great but the upper part is elongated.
great job so far and not to far from a great looking sculpt.

AragornSW.jpg

Just got this one in today,
a simulation of the sculpt + real photo.

AragornSW copy.jpg

Interesting when you save both pictures and then click back and forth. Aragorn's sculpt is definitely looking better with the adjustment to the hairline. I'd say if you could shave down those cheek bones a bit and maybe widen the nose you'd have a very good likeness.

But its looking better with just today's adjustment.

Posting works-in-progress on a collecting site like this and inviting feedback from a bunch of finicky nerds takes guts. Asmus rocks :rock

A painting note: one of Viggo's oddities is that his eyebrows aren't the complete arc painters always want to paint. It you look at your own photo, you'll see that the eyebrows are thickest close to the nose, and quite sparse toward the outside. It's almost as if he has half-eyebrows.

From a sculpting perspective, the eyes still need to be a bit larger and farther apart. And the hairline note...I think everybody's already said it.

Last edited:
Asmus does indeed rock and I believe will come through. They are here to sell figures and know in order to do that they must produce well put together figures.

I made a quick video of the transition from your sculpt to the photo you provided.

Here you can see the following important changes:

1. The jaw line needs to be deeper (more elongated downwards) and also squashed a little.
2. Nose needs to be longer and a bit wider at the bottom.
3. Eyesockets need to be a bit bigger and eyes brought out from them more.
4. Cheekbones are a bit too pronounced, you shoud add a little fat under them (but when you squash a jawline as said in point 1 this will be better). Maybe make the cheekbones a bit wider too.

Its awesome that you guys have been listening to fan feedback. This looks so promising ! So much better than any previous Aragorn statues / figures

If you can match this it would be excellent.

AragornSW.jpg

But I still think that the nose lack of character. I'm sure you will do great, anyway it's the best aragorn sculpt so far.
:)

By all means, please understand that we can never apply every comment on the sculpt. It is my job and my pleasure to read all of them, and pass them on to the artist, but he will still have the final decision in turns of making.

Still, behave of the company and the team, we are very grateful to have all for the grand participation from you guys.

Afterall, to make the best likeness of Aragorn, its the final goal to all of us.

Thank you... :thud:

By all means, please understand that we can never apply every comment on the sculpt. It is my job and my pleasure to read all of them, and pass them on to the artist, but he will still have the final decision in turns of making.

Still, behave of the company and the team, we are very grateful to have all for the grand participation from you guys.

Afterall, to make the best likeness of Aragorn, its the final goal to all of us.

Thank you... :thud:
I do hope your sculptor listens to some of the problems and changes some things. When I first saw Gandalf I was floored by it. I thought the head sculpt was outstanding. Sadly I didn't feel that way when Aragorn was revealed. What can be seen of the clothes looks great but the headsculpt definitely needs some work. Fingers are crossed that some changes are made.

Viggo is a hard one to capture... he's kind of an odd looking dude. Big forhead, sunken in cheeks... it's easy to make him look a bit grotesque if those get exaggerated. And I think that's what happened here, the features of Viggo are all here, but a bit over done which makes it look very odd.

I think the sculpt is close, but it needs quite a bit of refinement.

What's already been said... fix the tiny eyes and the large forehead.

From the cheekbones down the sculpt is fine.

You guys are definitely on the right track, just a couple of fixes and he should look outstanding!

Back