Ashley Wood/ThreeA Metal Gear Solid character figures (would you buy them?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy MGS character figures from ThreeA?

• Total voters

Solidus

Super Freak
Reaction score
If ThreeA ever decided (and acquired the license) to make character figures for their Metal Gear Solid line-up, would you buy them?

Ashley Wood certainly has a unique art-style, and the more I see of his art figures the more I've taken a liking to them. His art-work for Big Boss, Solidus, and Solid Snake looked especially great in Portable Ops and Peace Walker.

I would definitely be up for that stuff. But it ain't happening anytime soon. They'll have to wait for Square to finish to make action figures or HotToys to loose the license to make 12 inch figures.

I would definitely be up for that stuff. But it ain't happening anytime soon. They'll have to wait for Square to finish to make action figures or HotToys to loose the license to make 12 inch figures.

I guess that's true. I'm not sure of the reason, but it seems like Konami/Kojima are not keen on having the licenses given out to several different companies at the same time. It would be cool to have a variety of different types of MGS figures available for retail, though.

Some random pics from Google search.

Solid Snake (love the crazy looking hair in this one)
63.jpg

tumblr_lzna8dsdD01qcb2ozo1_500.jpg

10.JPG

mgsPW_comic.jpg

As much as I love Ashley art, I wouldn't want any mgs figure in that style.

That's understandable. But, I think it would be nice to have something a bit different made for once, instead of the traditional figures that we're all used to seeing in retail (Hot Toys is an exception, they need to get their MGS figures out ASAP :pfft:).

The last MGS art concepts that were available, were the Kubricks and Figumate figures from Medicom. I wasn't interested in collecting either of them a few years ago, but now I regret it, especially how their prices have skyrocketed beyond my budget :lol :monkey2.

Last edited:
I would prefer SHinkawa style fig then rather than Ashley.

Do you really wants snake to looks like an oyaloper?

Well, I didn't want to turn this thread into a comparison between Yoji Shinkawa themed-figures and Ashley Wood art-figures. Shinkawa is the creator of all of the Metal Gear Solid designs, while Ashley Wood is more of an independent artist who pursues his own interests, and partakes in side-projects now and again.

I actually had to Google "oyaloper" :lol. It looks pretty neat - I could see it working with a Snake concept.

Back