Action Figure Article: Hot Toys QS006- Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: Hot Toys QS006 - Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

instead of doing an Cap 1/4 they do another Iron Man???? I dont get it sorry.

What's there to get? Iron Man sells. China loves Iron Man. Hot Toys is a chinese company. Companies like money.

What's there to get? Iron Man sells. China loves Iron Man. Hot Toys is a chinese company. Companies like money.

27xmlxc.jpg

For some reason I think the 1/6 looks better than the 1/4 version. His arms are too long, and his legs feel short, so it's throwing off his proportions.

attachment.php

11262280_10152956182542344_4223215592255924396_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

For some reason I think the 1/6 looks better than the 1/4 version. His arms are too long, and his legs feel short, so it's throwing off his proportions.
It's actually the opposite.

You're used to the incorrect proportions that Hot Toys usually puts out, so when seeing correct ones, it looks weird. The 1/4 version has better proportions overall. Espicially the arms.

Hands should be reaching close to the middle of your thigh. The 1/6 version has short stubby arms. The waist on the 1/4 version also better due to them not being as thin as the 1/6 version.

This was quite a surprise. At first I was like, "Why are they releasing mk 45 again???" then looked closer and realized it's the 1/4 scale :thud: this actually looks worse than the 1/6 though...at least from the photos. The paintjob looks dull and flat and there's something weird about the faceplate particularly the mouth area. I'm sure it will look great in person though.

This was quite a surprise. At first I was like, "Why are they releasing mk 45 again???" then looked closer and realized it's the 1/4 scale :thud: this actually looks worse than the 1/6 though...at least from the photos. The paintjob looks dull and flat and there's something weird about the faceplate particularly the mouth area. I'm sure it will look great in person though.
Keep in mind that the prototype photos for the sixth scale Mark 45 looked awful, but the photos from SDCC looked incredible. I'm sure the same will happen with the quarter scale.

yes no doubt this will look amazing at the next event photos but sadly the only other 1/4 IM figure I would shell out money for would be the Mark 6 and warmachine MK1. :pray:

HT is an equal opportunity Mark XLV fan destroyer here by not offering Tony head sculpts (in helmet or otherwise) to both their 1/4 & 1/6 figures!

"At least he is consistent!"

I thought people would be all over the colour considering the flack the sixth scale has had over colour.... It looks better to me. Looks less like a redesigned 43. Wondered when we'd have announcement for another quarter scale. Wasn't sure we'd see one from AoU, but I guess it's no suprise it is another Iron Man.. I'm still not convinced we'll see the likes of Hawkeye or Widow. Cap maybe? he would be second to Iron Man in terms of figure fan base?

As much as I wan't the 1:4 43, I can't/won't pull the trigger on it, so this is a definite pass... I only have one PFF in the house for that matter. Quarter Scale of any type is just that much harder to find room for in the house, and justify the expense per piece on. As it is, the price of the sixth scale Iron Man lineup is so high in comparison to other Avengers that it crosses the line for earning customs tax. To get these quarter scale Iron Men figures would cost me close to $1000...

I'm pretty interested to see this fig at Secret base. The HT 1:6 version is ok, but it is completely out classed by the 1:4 we all saw by Comicave that looked perfect imo.

Another must have pre-order for iron man fans.
Love the mk 45. Wish it had the Stark head sculpt though.
Being an iron man collector is sooooo not cheap!:slap

Another must have pre-order for iron man fans.
Love the mk 45. Wish it had the Stark head sculpt though.
Being an iron man collector is sooooo not cheap!:slap

Yeah... Hot Toys figured that one out when Iron Man 3 came out... ;)

I wonder what HT would have done with the Marvel release schedule had IM3 never come out, and Tony was just part of the Avenger movies post IM2..

Back