Action Figure Article: Hot Toys QS006- Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: Hot Toys QS006 - Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

1/4 or 1/6 I would have preferred a clean armor to a battle damaged one.

Thats what I am hoping they do if we ever see the Mark VI again never mind a 1/6 or 1/4 scale... as good as this looks my wallet can't afford to get into 1/4 scale which is why I was glad to see a 1/6 version of Boba!

A 1/4 Mark VI with a Stark sculpt similar to the Mark 43 would be too much to pass on though, would just need to find room for it!

Saying that I am going to have to kick this Iron Man habit soon, hes taking over my limited space as it is (again considering in the next year I may have to see off the 2 HPP suits I have)

It has minor stuff but overall I thought it would look more impressive just by looking at it.

It even has a similar base to the 1/6 version. Only thing I see this thing really having an advantage over the 1/6 version is the size and the minor improvements of articulation.

I'm not sure what they could have done to make a big difference. Outside of a Tony Hs. If the 1/6 is any good they should be pretty equal. Articulation has never been a top issue for me, but I seem to recall a few discussions about it recently over figures lack of it being a problem, and this one has more then any other.

I think the 43 1/6 and 1/4 are pretty equal. Except the HS. And that's just down to ability to sculpt and paint better at larger scale. I like both of these 45 at both scales as well. I'd be happy with either one really.

Yeah it's not a wow like the 43. But we have also only got the promos so far. There are some features on the 1/4 that the 1/6 does not have. The full leg and arm expanding articulation. Better chest and back torso lights.
The leg expanding articulation seems to be a copy from Bandai gundam MG models.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 E6553 發送

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 E6553 發送
Not really. Bandai isn't the first company to do double jointed knees. The Silver Cent figure has it.

Nice. ACGHK is looking good this year. Hope there's more to come.

Wow, nice surprise! I'm happy that HT is expending on the 1/4 scale figures. It's starting to look really good for a 1/4 Mark III. I'm confident that it will happen now! As for this one, I need to see in hand pictures first but if it's anything like their 1/4 Mark 43 this is as good as ordered.

Not really. Bandai isn't the first company to do double jointed knees. The Silver Cent figure has it.

It's not the double jointed he means but how the leg gets wider I believe. But your overall point is right. I doubt bandia is the first to do much of anything given how many companies and years of production there are

See how the bottom of the calf and top of the thigh expand..and the bicep and forearm...that's the part I was talking about

image.jpg
image.jpg

It's not the double jointed he means but how the leg gets wider I believe. But your overall point is right. I doubt bandia is the first to do much of anything given how many companies and years of production there are

See how the bottom of the calf and top of the thigh expand..and the bicep and forearm...that's the part I was talking about

View attachment 198884
View attachment 198885
Ah now I see it. I thought the calf piece opening up was just a feature of it's own. Didn't notice that it moving was giving the extra articulation.

The bicep moves as well which I just noticed. Wish they would incorporate this engineering into their 1/6 figures. I thought of something similar for a while now and it looks like they're doing it for 1/4. I thought that they could do the same for a figure like Batman Arkham where he would have huge forearm armor but have the armor itself have moving pieces so that it can bend higher up and not clash with the bicep.

Ah now I see it. I thought the calf piece opening up was just a feature of it's own. Didn't notice that it moving was giving the extra articulation.

The bicep moves as well which I just noticed. Wish they would incorporate this engineering into their 1/6 figures. I thought of something similar for a while now and it looks like they're doing it for 1/4. I thought that they could do the same for a figure like Batman Arkham where he would have huge forearm armor but have the armor itself have moving pieces so that it can bend higher up and not clash with the bicep.

Yeah that would be cool for batman. And I agree, wish it was on the 1/6 too. But once they get it worked out on the 1/4 there's a better chance to down size it. It's doable obviously but it's just about managing it so the assembly time is low enough to justify the outlay. And the Evievitable QC issues gears will cause. You know people will break it. Lol

It's not a feature that's super high on my list, but as I said articulation is not my biggest issue. I started as a motu and statue collector mostly. Both have about the same articulation lol

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 E6553 發送

yeah, i think so too. If I'm not mistaken Bandai first implemented that design back in 2007 with the Strike Freedom Gundam MG I believe.

Are you talking about the HT Silver Centurion figure? Because that came 7 years after the first master grade gundam that surfaced with the additional thigh movement/articulation...

But anyways, I think it's great that HT is continually working on ways to improve their designs.

I'm surprised they're releasing a 1/4 version of this suit since it wasn't that prominently featured in the movie. I would think there's other 1/4 Iron Man suits that are higher in demand than the Mk45.

I'm surprised they're releasing a 1/4 version of this suit since it wasn't that prominently featured in the movie. I would think there's other 1/4 Iron Man suits that are higher in demand than the Mk45.

Yeah..maybe there was a high demand for the 1/6 version, or HT were already well on their way in developing the 1/4 version before the movie released such that they had to release it regardless of the suit's screen time

I hope they revisit the Mark VI or VII and Mark I War Machine (I'll take any scale!) some time in the near future though :pray:

But not any that are currently in a movie, other then the 43. It won't get any more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Shellhead View Post
I had a small 1/6 collection to begin with; just sold my Stealth VII, over the last few weeks sold my Thor DWLA, Mechanic and MK 42. Just pulled the trigger on 1/4 Mark 43. Looking forward to it and hope they make other armors. Think I would prefer to have a small collection of 1/4 then the ever growing 1/6.

Yes!! :yess:

I wish the blue led lights in the back and chest came with the 1/6 figure. This figure looks awesome.

More Ironman, damn

This one doesn't look as jaw droppingly perfect as the 1/4 Mk43 to me, but it may be that I am still not in love with the armor design as a whole. I'm still on the fence about the 1/6 scale of this, for the price I'll stick with the 1/4 Mk43 only.

this looks nice, Gunna have to stick to 1/6 though

This one doesn't look as jaw droppingly perfect as the 1/4 Mk43 to me, but it may be that I am still not in love with the armor design as a whole. I'm still on the fence about the 1/6 scale of this, for the price I'll stick with the 1/4 Mk43 only.

I have a feeling in hand/secret base pictures will look way better. HT's pics of their 1/6 mark XLV look like crap, but it's looked amazing pretty much everywhere else.

Back