Article: Alien VS Predator Predator - Machiko Noguchi, She-Predator - Premium Format(TM) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Machiko She-Predator PF

Face is kinda weak but everything else looks excellent

That'd be my first thoughts as well (more the eyes over the entire face), but these are really close shots. I mean, these are usually sitting at least a foot or two away, and in most cases it's two or more, so I'm sure from a natural distance the face will look a lot better! The paint apps look solid, and it's just the eyes that I'd like a bit thinner, but again, that may change in person, as it may work well for it!

Overall, even from these average pictures (gotta be somewhat nice to the guy! We've all been there! :lol) the armor looks fantastic, as does the base! I'm really excited to get the piece over having any real fear in me that it won't turn out. That's a great position to be in at this point, and I'm happy that it looks like Sideshow is righting the boat!

Every time a statue is released the first person to post pics takes them with a flip-phone camera in a dark hallway.

Evidently the first-look crowd are also UFO- and Nessie/Bigfoot hunters, they use the same crappy camera for everything. :)

I'm not getting wound up about some bad pix that appear to have literally been shot through a layer of cheesecloth; in fact, she looks pretty good even through that cheesecloth so, no worries.

Evidently the first-look crowd are also UFO- and Nessie/Bigfoot hunters, they use the same crappy camera for everything. :)

I'm not getting wound up about some bad pix that appear to have literally been shot through a layer of cheesecloth; in fact, she looks pretty good even through that cheesecloth so, no worries.

I think it'll be fantastic in person! That armor looks amazing! And the plus about the swap out heads is that both work! I'll probably go with the unmasked to start, and likely for most of the posing, but it's great to have both compliment the statue really well, so you can't lose!!

I'm sure more pictures will come in over the weekend...let's hope they're followed by some more shipping notices! :lol

No matter how awesome you think this statue is in pictures trust me when I say it looks even more awesome in person. The fish nets are even real string! This is the best statue they've done in a while (And I got Batgirl) and the low numbering makes it even better. I think this might be the lowest number I've got. IMG_0048.JPGIMG_0049.JPGIMG_0050.JPGIMG_0054.JPGIMG_0055.JPGIMG_0056.JPGIMG_0053.JPGIMG_0058.JPGIMG_0052.JPGIMG_0057.JPGIMG_0051.JPG

Looks great! The eyes are a bit off. I wonder if she would look better with more eye shadow on the overall statue? Kind of like the Ivy proto compared to the production which made a heck of a big difference. But then again she's not a too girly character most likely. The ex knife actual looks great. Much better than I expected. If the eyes in that pic was correct it does look pretty good. Opefully this will be a runners with for satue of the year along WW, BG, and Lobo.

Thanks y'all. I thought the eyes looked pretty good honestly. Maybe a tiny bit off but not enough to bother me at all.

Based on these photos, the eyes look lifeless and a bit cartoony. Other than that I think the head sculpt/paint looks great. The hair could use a bit more detail.

First, thank you Muncy for these great pix. If I get a Machiko that good, I might just jump for joy.

Second, as hardly need be mentioned Asian peoples tend to have very dark brown - or even black - eyes. There's not a lot of color variation to be detailed, this is just a feature of their eyes. So I don't get this "Her eyes seem flat" business. They're flat because they are not glossy, is all. An easier fix than a discreet coat of gloss or two can hardly be imagined. If one is experienced enough to add a dot of light grey in order to provide a "shiny" highlight in addition to the gloss, hey that's great. YOU DONT WANT THIS FROM THE FACTORY, because that is the prime sort of thing uncaring hands mess up [the shine-highlight is].

If this is what I will get, I feel pretty grateful. I don't see wonky painted lines, eyes pointing in two directions, wrong tattoos, graphite-looking rub marks as I recently saw on someone's Queen of the Dead's face, or any of the myriad things that can go wrong with these statues.

Ha ha y'all crack me up with the eye stuff. It's a statue the eyes aren't supposed to follow you around the room. Plus she's a bad ass and should have lifeless shark eyes not makeup covered or bright colored. They did a good job with the eyebrows too to bring more action to her expression. I think they look way better than most of the eyes that we've seen this year. I respect everyone's opinion though. I personally am ecstatic about her and like the unmasked head better. Also you're welcome Ramatuelle. Big.jpg

I think she came out pretty nice. Pretty nice indeed.

I don't see any issues with the eyes either. It's mostly because she has dark brown irises and combined with her pupil they can blend together a bit for some people. I think she looks great.

Back