Arbiter Of Bone (Court Of The Dead)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So as you can see, my house is not exactly what you usually run into. But even I have to draw the line somewhere. lol

408002957.jpg

You have requested, and so it shall be! Here are the girls:

407997730.jpg

The mannequin, she's wearing something a little tamer just now [this was last Halloween]

I thought you meant real ghosts:duh
Those are pretty cool. At first they reminded me of jack White and Lady Gaga :doh

I think you took what I said, personally. It was a general comment, not aimed at anyone, offering my own perspective.

Why would being able to "separate fact from fiction" have anything to do with be bothered about owning something? I'm genuinely curious. Really I am. :D

I can separate fact from fiction just fine, its just that I find Red Death actually ugly. RD is exquisitely crafted and brilliantly designed, yes... just.... not in my house, ok? I like things of beauty, that I enjoy looking at in my house.

Even if they be dark and twisted things of beauty. :cool: No ugliness.

Yeah that's pretty much where I'm at too. I don't ever display anything that I don't finding pleasing to the eye. And I consider a lot of villains and even creatures/monsters to have a certain beauty about them. Boba Fett's helmet and the Red Skull's visage are amazingly cool. Smaug and the new Godzilla even have a strange reptilian "beauty" to them. Some things even have a "so ugly they're cute" thing going, but that's the thing. They're not simply unpleasant or ugly or gory and nothing else. Never go full ugly. :lol

I don't want a pile of guts on a pedestal or something that makes me think of real world demon cults or anything.

But here's the thing. I'm not judging or antying. TONS of people would think I'm damn macabre for being fascinated with ANY of these Court of the Dead statues or The Walking Dead or many other things I'm into. So it's more about what "level" of weird or nasty stuff are you into, and I'm curious to know what appeal others find in things that are beyond my level. Arbiter and Red Death, DEFINITELY beyond my level. :lol

Why would being able to "separate fact from fiction" have anything to do with be bothered about owning something? I'm genuinely curious. Really I am.

I'd say because some people let their imaginations run wild, work themselves up, and freak themselves out over inanimate objects. I know plenty of people who won't have any type of clown doll in their house due to books like IT. Pennywise is a work of fiction, but having a clown doll scares a lot of people due to stories like IT. Some are able to separate fact from fiction, some aren't, and some will scare themselves, no matter what.

As for what appealing about the Court of the Dead/Walking Dead, for me, it's just imagining end of the world scenarios and how I'd react. I don't have a fascination with dead things or worship serial killers, in fact I despise them. It's never about the gore, which I can do without. If you watch the video on the history of Red Death, the guts are shown as his weapon, so I don't see the guts, I see a weapon. Statues bring the stories into real life. Beyond all of that, it's art.

Ramatuelle -
:mummy

WHAT is the appeal of that guy? I look at that and I just see pure animal mutilating devil worshipping nastiness*. I'm serious! That thing crosses a serious line. I wonder about you guys that want the dude perched in your house somewhere. :lol ;)

*I'm not saying that if you like this guy you're a devil worshipper but damn, there's literally no good vibe I get from this piece, on any level, other than it was designed and expertly crafted by some freaking sick individual/s.

He looks evil. That should be enough. :)

I can just see it.. Lol
It's 2am with lightning & thunderstorms, your tossing and turning in bed, you get up to get a glass of water, you look at ur display from your kitchen as your drinking. Then your one statue light turns on and it's him just looking at you. The Thunder roars You get freaked out and run back to bed.. Lol lol
Yeah I can see that's gonna happen to some but just don't let ur mind go.
If you have kids then yeah I can see why you wouldn't get this one. Over all he looks the part for the story they are giving us.. I think some aren't as creapy as they should be...

Anyone find out why this wasn't at sdcc this year? I thought it looked great earlier in the year, hopefully it stays as is.

I was thinking the same why wasn't he there. He should by now be going up for preorder as I seen this pic a long time ago. I hope they don't pull him to change he look.. He isn't on there new list on SS as well..

I think he looks awesome!
Yay head portrait looks amazing was my favorite but since the reveal of the others he's dropped abit but a must order for me.

I was thinking the same why wasn't he there. He should by now be going up for preorder as I seen this pic a long time ago. I hope they don't pull him to change he look.. He isn't on there new list on SS as well..

I agree hope to see him for spook even tho if they all go up its gonna kill my wallet.

Yay head portrait looks amazing was my favorite but since the reveal of the others he's dropped abit but a must order for me.

I agree hope to see him for spook even tho if they all go up its gonna kill my wallet.

Tell me about it, I have optimus prime from prime 1 studios on pre. The 1st three statues from court of the dead on pre with daily checks for the others. As I'm getting married lol maybe I can tell her they can be all used as centerpieces lol lol lol

Here is Alex' response over at Statue Forum to my question on Shieve.

Alex, you are saying there are ten statues to be displayed. Consider that Shieve is not being shown on the Court of the Dead website, your total figure suggests he will not be at the booth. Was he unceremoniously dismissed?

There just wasn't enough room to include Shieve, so he didn't make the cut for the show.

Thx for the information, but why is Shieve not shown on the SS website like the other characters?

I can't seem to find the post, but she said that at this time, he is still part of it. That didn't leave me with any sense of security, but it is what it is.

There was also a more human looking guy similar to the general (art work) on the website at one time that is no longer there. Seems like they might not know how far they will go with this line.

they should've just removed the first Reaper since he's been sold out for a long time now and added this.

Thanks for the photo - first I have seen of this one. I'm really fascinated by the CotD line. Kind of nice to be able to jump in at the beginning of an original property and not feel like you're playing catch-up, etc.

Back