Statue Sideshow New Wonder Woman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does look like an air bubble in the corner of the eye, but we're so zoomed in that the pic even shows the checkerboard shading of the iris

I guess they are transfers, it’s weird they’re messed up like that, the bulge is where the transfer wasn’t cut all the way and is sticking up at the corner, they screwed the pooch on this piece..

I looked at it today with my reading glasses on and I have no idea were there is a bubble...the eyes are perfectly flat. Whatever the eyeball issue is - I just do not see it so that is a good thing. I assembled today and it looks amazing..head magnet is weak though.

I looked at it today with my reading glasses on and I have no idea were there is a bubble...the eyes are perfectly flat. Whatever the eyeball issue is - I just do not see it so that is a good thing. I assembled today and it looks amazing..head magnet is weak though.

If head magnet is weak never move it (or even slide it a few inches) without taking the head off. Dont even blow on it lol..I had the same problem with modern batman premium format, i slid my statue less than half an inch and the head fell off and broke (after the replacement period had ended). Luckily i got a replacement, which had a much stronger magnet. Maybe its worth asking for a replacement head now to avoid future problems. If magnet is super weak then its definitely a flaw worthy of replacement

I guess not all eyes are created equal.

As long as you're happy, that's all that matters in the end.

Exactly. It's not like we are hearing of people returning this in droves.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's still very much a great statue, as long as you get one with no issues.

I'm just one of the few who held off preordering, especially after the debacle of the BVS WW piece. So like that piece I feel the drop off from the prototype was too dramatic for me to personally have this in my collection, and given that I have another 2x Gal Gadot WW coming in the next year I'm not exactly going to have a shortage of WW pieces.

wwclose.jpg

looked at it again this morning and nothing looks out of order...the left eyeball actually has more of the base layer showing...which you can not see at any distance other than right to your face but still should be no reason that was not fully covered. The right eye in the very corner towards her nose there is a slight marking/indentation that unless right up to your nose it looks perfectly fine- perhaps that lead to the wonky photo. My only real knock on this piece is what is the obvious...the giant swap of black eyelash area really is silly. At normal viewing distance looks fine but still if your going to paint eyebrows just finish the eyelashes. I may tackle those myself...what the hell...cant really screw them as I can just cover it back up with black.

In regards to the Head magnet it is not bad as I early reported....the stem extends fairly far into the head sculpt and I was actually able to turn the torso completely sideways and the head stayed on. So no worries about bumping it or moving it and head falling off...

Overall thrilled with it at this point.

I have no desire for movie inspired versions of any characters except for the Gal Gadot WW. Would love to see a Gal Gadot custom head for this piece. Maybe the only exception is Chris Evans Captain America.

My WW arrived today... my copy is really well executed, and as for the infamous eye misalignment I can barely notice any on mine. This is my first 1/4 scale WW, and I'm definitely happy to have this version of her. Here are my hero shots - enjoy!

SS Wonder Woman 1 sm.jpg

SS Wonder Woman 2 sm.jpg

SS Wonder Woman 3 sm.jpg

SS Wonder Woman 4 sm.jpg

SS Wonder Woman 5 sm.jpg

SS Wonder Woman 6 sm.jpg

Thank you guys! I looked closely at her eye alignment, and they're almost perfect on mine - you can see the alignment best in the portrait shot I did of her. Again, I really love the sculpt and execution on her, and I'm really glad I picked her up.

Very nice pictures. Her skin does not have that glossy shine that shows up in some of the other pictures.

Very nice pictures. Her skin does not have that glossy shine that shows up in some of the other pictures.

Thank you. The head sculpt and the realistic anatomy really hit the mark on this one. It looks great with OG Superman as well.

Back