Statue Sideshow Superman Rebirth Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rose colored glasses for the ssc pf man there is no comparison between this and the hush statue, sure the SSC version has some nice features but as total package it isn't even close in any regard. the only thing the PF has going for it, is it gives collectors a cheaper option to have a nice supes in the collection esp for those who are more interested in saving some money more then about quality or owning the best out there. For a ssc PF it is really nice but for SSC standards only, not in comparison to bigger better ones. The same could be said about any ssc statue compared to prime 1

I’m glad you like it, but I think the portraits are ugly and he’s too roided out.

I’m sure that won’t be a popular opinion, but it’s why I didn’t order it.

Last edited:
Yea, I have to agree ....the current SSC Superman PF is better than the 1/3 Hush Superman statue.

The body sculpt on both are great. I just prefer the portrait on the PF more.

The base is ridiculously large. But its not just Superman though. All the 1/3 DC pieces have a giant stone looking bottom.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Yeah. It's the one thing that bothers me with Prime 1. Most of the bases are much bigger than they need to be. Really limits how many you can display.

Superman himself is perfect. I don't understand the criticisms but it's all a matter of opinion.

Don't get me wrong if it wasn't for that cloth cape on the SSC PF I would have bought this in a heartbeat. I am game for all supes related stuff, im probably in the minority but he is my favorite CBC. I understand the complaints people have with the hush version, he is bulky as **** and HS aren't perfect but its a Jim Lee supes, they don't come around very often whereas this SSC one is just a generic representation of him (albeit nicely done generic version). Ive been tempted to buy this a few times just cause I love the character so much but as a total package I just don't think it compares to Hush. The cape though just ruins it for me, if it was a higher quality cape I'd already own it. I just think it brings the whole statue down in terms of quality, I don't know why ssc cheaps out on the cape material. I like the SSC PF better without the cape on lol that's saying a lot of how bad the cape looks. The sculpt paint pose base everything else is great but that cape just cheapens the whole look

A friend of mine just got married and needed to sell some of his statues, so I was able to buy the EX from him for $400. I didn't think I was going to buy this statue when it first came out due to it's cloth cape, not a fan of spending hours upon hours trying to get it to look right. But given the price and that I don't currently have a 1:4 scale Superman in my collection I caved in.

Overall the statue is not bad, I would say 7/10... Some of the minor issues are his left hand is poorly sculpted and oversized. Instead of the fingers being smooth and straight their kind of jacked up looking. The other minor issue is they went way overboard with the bulging muscles in his legs, from certain angles it looks like his legs are deformed.

Given that you can still buy the EX from Sideshow, It kind of shows you that this piece was not very popular with collectors.

Last edited:
Just be prepared that his skin looks extremely tanned... Like he's been laying out on the beach for several days...

Will get this eventually. If I get the EX in the aftermarket, cool. If not, then the REG will do.

Back