Aragorn LSB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And how the hell can they get the PF almost spot on likeness, and the bust being bigger, but the likeness way off, I understand diff sculptors, but still...

Easy....look at the FRODO PF and the Crack of Doom Diorama. THe smaller Frodo is far superior.

Hmmm, I actually kind of like this, and I'm not a fan of the LSB line at all. Not to say that I'm buying it, but I do like the pose quite a bit. The likeness, though, is just okay. Not a good character to go with following the PF, however. We need something of a Moria Orc PF caliber for the next piece in this line.

LotR_FotR1792.jpg

9433_press03-001.jpg

Obviously everyone's personal taste will dictate whether they like this piece or not but to say that the likeness or mood [expression ] isn't there....:confused:

Obviously everyone's personal taste will dictate whether they like this piece or not but to say that the likeness or mood [expression ] isn't there....:confused:

It's there, but it could have been better. Everyone is going to compare this to the PF now, and that will be its downfall. Sideshow should have never released another Aragorn character so close to the PF.

It's there, but it could have been better. Everyone is going to compare this to the PF now, and that will be its downfall. Sideshow should have never released another Aragorn character so close to the PF.

Very true. Since SS didn't produce it before the PF they really should have waited a couple of years before releasing it.

Yeah. I'm passing. I went with the Aragorn PF instead. As far as the LSB, he looks... pitiful? :confused: I don't know. It's just not the Aragorn I'd like to display in my house. Groovy outfit though. :chew

The Caveman look is there. I never liked SS choice of skin tone, always seems to tan or red. But that could be the pics. The problem seems to be he's not even looking at the sword. But who knows.

But you have to admit there's definitely a lack of a "Whoa! I've got to have that!" response to this piece. While I agree that it's "decent", it's hardly worth losing sleep over IMO.

I agree. It's nothing compared to the PF, but it certainly isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Decent attempt and if you like collect the LSB line, this won't be a disappointment.

To be honest, the recent statues released by Sideshow have not made me go, "WHOA!", except for Moria Orc PF.

I agree. It's nothing compared to the PF, but it certainly isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Decent attempt and if you like collect the LSB line, this won't be a disappointment.

If I had the money to spend on anything I wanted I would have this, and Legalos, but I have to draw the line somewhere. I got the Aragorn PF, which is my first ever, which I never intended on getting (I'm a 1/6 kinda gal) but was so amazed by it. I'm so glad I was I got it. Maybe one day I'll have this too, but as it stands right now, I can't. I think it's wonderful though!

I have to admit that I'm scratching my head over some of the comments in this thread. There was a huge backlash against Sideshow when the first production photos of the Aragorn PF were released, but now it is considered the best likeness ever. The same piece. Nothing changed between the backlash and the praise, except the addition of some great photos of the statue in collectors' hands.

Haven't you guys learned by now not to judge ANY piece by these photos? There are valid reasons for passing on this one, but the apparent lack of a good likeness in a couple of early photos isn't (or shouldn't) be one of them.

:clap:clap:clap

Back