Aragorn LSB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In itself I think it looks good, better than the Weta one anyway (and I'm a huge Weta fan) but I got FOTR busts already going, so pass... unless one day I go all FOTR with the LSBs... :google

(I should post pics of my collection someday soon...)

Beren

A nice piece, but it is just destined to sit in the shadow of the superior PF. The Gandalf LSB is less subject to a direct comparison because the PF is the White version. But with Aragorn, it's more of an apples to apples comparison between two FOTR versions of the character. I'm surprised they didn't go with either the Helm's Deep or ROTK costumes for the Aragorn LSB. That being said, the pose with the shards makes for a unique piece and gives us something just a little different than what we are used to seeing--same with Legolas. I like when they give us an unexpected pose now and then.

And how the hell can they get the PF almost spot on likeness, and the bust being bigger, but the likeness way off, I understand diff sculptors, but still...

That jesus comment almost ruined it for me. Almost.

I like it. I'm getting it.

He looks like he is about to break into the chorus of Endless Love to it.....:lol

I actually really like this one. I'd like to see a few more pics so that I can get a better look at his face, but from what there is I think it's a good likeness. I like the pose, too. Have ordered to go with Legolas. :D

Is he trying to straighten the sword of his ancestors? :confused:

Aragorn_LSB_001.jpg

Looks pretty good to me. I think it is the forehead, imo. Add a bit of hair and i think a dramatic change will occur.

Man, I think that's quite a nice headsculpt- I say that having no clue who did it. I definitely see the likeness. The lighting and paint are affecting it, but I see a lot of Viggo in there.

Trev

I agree. He looks pretty good to me.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to admit that I'm scratching my head over some of the comments in this thread. There was a huge backlash against Sideshow when the first production photos of the Aragorn PF were released, but now it is considered the best likeness ever. The same piece. Nothing changed between the backlash and the praise, except the addition of some great photos of the statue in collectors' hands.

Haven't you guys learned by now not to judge ANY piece by these photos? There are valid reasons for passing on this one, but the apparent lack of a good likeness in a couple of early photos isn't (or shouldn't) be one of them.

I loved the original PF look before the revisions, I don't like this one...the look seems too forced..... Even though I don't like it right now and do enjoy making fun of it, I'll be the first to say that if this pulls a PF where the likeness really comes through in production, I'll probably get it on 2nd Chance, if it sells out...I'm not sure if it will though...

:lol :lol
I cant decide if he's gonna propose or snog the Shards? :lol

Another one not for me unfortunately. Looks okay, the likeness is there a little but its not got that wow factor for me to go and buy it.
Will wait to see in hand pics from you guys before deciding because I bet this will be the same as Legolas and will be hanging around for below retail for a while.

Why can't they just make a High Elven Infantryman?!! :tap :rock
x :D

Last edited:
I think the "Jesus" pic taken from the right looks much more like Viggo than the one taken from the left.

Back