Aquaman (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just googled Black Manta.
Wow. You're not kidding to say you aren't a DC fan. Not only is he one of Aquaman's two main villains, but he's been in several cartoon series, as well (Super Friends, Justice League Unlimited, Brave and the Bold, was one of the major players in Young Justice).

8d4ebb74f6b6d55d640ecb18f490c7f7.jpg

I've found out most indies are just the same ol' stories, but with generic superheroes, if anything they try to be edgier and more progressive than the big two.

I'll stick with DC, Rebirth is been fantastic so far.

As for the non-big 2, some of them are salvageable, like Jupiter's Legacy and some other Millar stuff, but for superhero stuff, indies aren't really better than the big 2, they're actually worse since they're the same but with generic bootleg superheroes :lol

For other genres, yeah, there's more variety in indies.

Depends where you look. Descender, East of West, Divinity, Imperium and the like are just stories. I will agree that indie super-hero stuff are just retreads with more blood and profanity. But the thing is, the good indie stuff have more to offer and don't really rely on events, crossovers, a share universe and all that. Now, that's not to say that stuff like Moon Knight, King's Batman, Priest's Deathstroke and all that aren't excellent books, it's just that with indies you get a better bang for your buck, and more often than not, more different stories.

Wow. You're not kidding to say you aren't a DC fan. Not only is he one of Aquaman's two main villains, but he's been in several cartoon series, as well (Super Friends, Justice League Unlimited, Brave and the Bold, was one of the major players in Young Justice).

Haven't watched a DC cartoon since Super Friends and all I recall from that show were the main heroes and the twins. I suppose I watched a few episodes of BTAS in the early 90's but otherwise that's it.*

I've definitely never so much as peeked into an Aquaman comic (always thought he was lame) so yeah, no idea who his main allies or enemies are other than what gets tossed around here.

*EDIT: Doh, forgot Teen Titans Go. My kids and I have watched every episode of that so we're well versed on characters like the Titans, Aqualad, Kid Flash, the Hive, etc. :lol

But Rebirth is changing things, as is Suicide Squad. I collect quite a few DC titles now and am delving into New 52 with SS (in addition to its own Rebirth title that is just starting.)

Eh, it was just his voice. In Social Network they put Billy Gates in one scene, with a look-alike actor playing him, and a teenage African American kid doing the voice, because he sounded too much like him. I'm more excited for Orm than Aquamomoa TBH. He could be DC's Loki.

Yeah, no biggie to change the casting around for a guy who was previously only a voice actor. . .and Nite Owl (another DC/WB movie). Guy is a solid actor, so I'm glad to see him here, though I still have very low expectations for the film as a whole.

Trying to imagine in my mind the situations where Drogo and a villainous Dreiberg are playing brothers? Hard to see that working. Because Dreiberg isn't going to become hairy and grizzled barbarian, I bet. Unless they say Drogo used to be a more clean cut, optimistic type, until he experiences some trauma and goes "dark."

Well, so far Momoa's character looks completely out of place. As if he was adopted by Atlanteans.

Back