Aquaman (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 169215

Searched the forum and couldn't find a thread for this film. Figured we could have a place to discuss it outside of the Batman V Superman thread.

How are folks feeling about Momoa so far?

Hard to get excited without knowing the director but right now I'm looking forward to this. We've had superhero solo movies, mutant movies, team movies, period movies and space movies. This will be the first underwater superhero movie which could be a really cool change of pace (though the reportedly underwater Avatar 2 comes out a year earlier and could possibly steal its thunder.)

But as I said in the BvS thread this is a solid look for Aquaman and he has the potential to be the coolest member of the team. We'll see.

I guess if Mamoa's playing Curry, then the only logical thing is for..

2D274905347968-ss-140224-mcconaughey-36.blocks_desktop_large.jpg

^ this ^ guy to play Lobo.

Wee, another DC Movie thread to make fun of. :yess:

Ugh. I don't get why people hate the DCCU.

I'm also very interested that. Will the Atlanteans just live in an open city in the sea, or a domed city? Or something else entirely?

I'm especially curious to know how they'll cast Mera and Orm, assuming they're involved at all.

Im thinking they'll do that. Underwater I habitants should lives under water and not in an earth-like Eco-system under the water but from a filming point of view it would be incredibly hard to do. Easy for animation but not live-action

Some cool fan art...

aquaman_53_by_bucfan98-d8j6x3y.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh. I don't get why people hate the DCCU.

The internet is a breeding ground of vitriol and negativity. Haters gon' hate. Sad but true.

Im thinking they'll do that. Underwater I habitants should lives under water and not in an earth-like Eco-system under the water but from a filming point of view it would be incredibly hard to do. Easy for animation but not live-action

Some cool fan art...

aquaman_53_by_bucfan98-d8j6x3y.jpg

I think you're probably right. It's a golden opportunity to try and create a look not often seen in live action. It'll be tricky to make it work, I think.

Pretty good fan art, but shouldn't his hair be floating around in the water? Little details like that are what the film makers need to be aware of!

No he has posted a gif or YT vid abut MP's Find The Fish to great gales of laughter on this thread yet? Yo estoy disappoint.

Back