Apatosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be posting more pics as I get them uploaded to photobucket. I'm also going to make a thread just for Dinosaur related stuff I saw at Wonderfest. ;)

I can kinda see the similarity in the paint schemes on the Allos. Too bad Steve's paint job can't match Sideshow's factory paint apps. :lol

Yeah, I just noticed he was one of the painters for that diorama. Guess that explains that. Can't wait to see more though.

Jeremy, you're back! Upload any photos yet? The suspense is a killer.

Edit:
Nevermind, I just found 'em. Holy crap.

WF6.jpg

This color scheme looks familiar.

3103_press10-001.jpg

Oh yeah, that paint up was by Steve. That is one AWESOME ALLOSAURUS ! ;D The eyes look killer too !

Shane created the kit, and Steve Riojas did the buildup...in two days. I believe that is what Shane said. Riojas knocked this one out of the park. His paint job really helped to sell this piece. I couldn't stop staring at it.:horror

Shane created the kit, and Steve Riojas did the buildup...in two days. I believe that is what Shane said. Riojas knocked this one out of the park. His paint job really helped to sell this piece. I couldn't stop staring at it.:horror

Allosaurus mesmerize with their eyes then devour your soul...there a lot like women actually... lol ;D

I heard from Sideshow the Apato WILL be coming this month.

Stego will maybe be making it's appearance mid-June. Before you guys have a heart attack I think that's just for pics..not a release date.. ;D

:yess

I cannot wait for the stego to go up for order. Hell, it wouldn't bother me at all if it were going to be an in-stock pre-order and released before mid-June. :lol

Allosaurus mesmerize with their eyes then devour your soul...there a lot like women actually... lol ;D

:lol

Hey, I just purchased one of those smokers that we were talking about. I can't wait to use it for my next setup, which will include both Shane and Sideshow's Apatosaurus. Maybe two others, if I can get the funds for them in time. The base for this photo shoot will be the largest and most complex, that I've ever done. It should look nice when finished. :exactly:

:yess

I cannot wait for the stego to go up for order. Hell, it wouldn't bother me at all if it were going to be an in-stock pre-order and released before mid-June. :lol

I knew that news was going to excite ya' bud ! ;D

You know if we're seeing it about mid-June it may not be coming out 3rd quarter after all. It might be a 4th quarter piece. If so..what the heck will be the VS Dio and when will we see it ? :?

:lol

Hey, I just purchased one of those smokers that we were talking about. I can't wait to use it for my next setup, which will include both Shane and Sideshow's Apatosaurus. Maybe two others, if I can get the funds for them in time. The base for this photo shoot will be the largest and most complex, that I've ever done. It should look nice when finished. :exactly:

Awesome ! That should be a lot of fun to do.. ;D What two others are you considering ? Maybe Rader's or Malcolm's Seismosaurus ?

Rader's Apatosaurus, and Krentz's Apatosaurus. It'll be fun trying to make each piece look like its in scale with the others. It's funny, Shane had one of Rader's Apatosaurus kits at Wonderfest, but someone else had already bought it. Oh well, I can just buy one through Dan. :exactly:

I actually like quite a few of his pieces. They may not be as much of a priority as Shane's pieces, but there are still some great works of art in there. His Supersaurus and 1/10 Triceratops are two that I'd love to own.:exactly:

I'll agree his 1/10 Trike is pretty nice..the Super..I can't say I'm a fan of the tail..lol In general it's just he doesn't get too creative with his sculpts..they tend to be very plain in design..except maybe the poses..thinking of his Allosaurus here..it's scale was a bit more in line with an action figure, but the pose had me scratching my head. I suppose if it were done with some acrylic water around the hips it could be swimming...maybe add a croc or large turtle on the base looking up at him.

I admit, his Allosaurus does leave alot to be desired. I know Jonathan stated that he never wanted to have any of his Dinosaurs be held up by rods. The only way to have the Allo in midair, was to have it touching the tree, I guess.:dunno

I admit, his Allosaurus does leave alot to be desired. I know Jonathan stated that he never wanted to have any of his Dinosaurs be held up by rods. The only way to have the Allo in midair, was to have it touching the tree, I guess.:dunno

Yeah in Mike's review he says it's held to the tree by a rod..which could be replaced by a clear acrylic one.

I think this particular Allosaur would do better laying on the ground after being knocked down by a large prey item or a bigger Allosaurus even. It's just a bit to odd.

Still no 30 Day shipping notice. The Apatosaurus is nowhere to be found. Chris, I know that a Sideshow Rep told you it was still coming this month, but I'm beginning to wonder if that wasn't just a way to keep you from asking again. :dunno

Still no 30 Day shipping notice. The Apatosaurus is nowhere to be found. Chris, I know that a Sideshow Rep told you it was still coming this month, but I'm beginning to wonder if that wasn't just a way to keep you from asking again. :dunno

I don't know bud, I noticed the same thing. I only asked the time and you read it yourself on Facebook..they posted up there for everyone to see :

Sideshow Collectibles ‎@Haunted Appalachian Caverns The Apatosaurus is scheduled to ship this month:) Stegosaurus will tentatively be making an appearance mid june.
Tuesday at 2:12pm · Like

It needs to come this month or the first of next..we're going to start running into a problem if pieces come at the same time eh ? Maybe Dinosauria just isn't much priority news-wise...anyone interested should contact them show em' the fans are still here and curious what's going on .

Back