Apatosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
apatosaurusmaquetteprev.jpg

apatosaurus.jpg

Holy crap!

Well, it is obviously going to be huge along with a hefty price tag.....

Anyways, I'm getting it as soon as its available for pre-order from a local retailer.

Last edited:
Oh this one is going to hurt to get, I may be forced to pass on it. Price aside I have no clue where I'd put it. *looks at the kitchen table*

And the Spino is coming out sometime next month. :woo

Pretty safe to say this will be the largest Dinosauria piece so far.

But let's be honest, if the Stegosaurus had been revealed first, we'd all be asking where the Apatosaurus was.

This one has piqued my curiosity, mainly because of it's supposed size. I stopped at the T-Rex a long time ago and ended up getting rid of that one because I just felt it wasn't big enough.

Nostrils are too low on the face; the nares should be between the eyes. Check the skull...PS

According to relatively recent scientific researches, it is suggested that the fleshy nostrils were closer to the snout rather than being placed on top of the skull....There might have been an internal connective chamber between the nares of the skull and the fleshy nostrils when the animal was alive...

Last edited:
Yes, the "high nostril" look is rather outdated. Nobody makes them like that anymore (see Brachiosaurus ornament).

They might be roughly to scale, but we'll have a better idea once we know the exact dimensions.

Jeez 40" this thing is gonna be huge. I think I'm going to need to find a new collectibles case to accomodate these monsters. The Allo dio is too big, and the spino is too big as well. The intelligent thing to do would be is to save money by only getting the smaller pieces that fit in my display. But where's the fun in that?

Back