Apatosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's some nightmare fuel for someone who just ordered one of these. Goddamn it.

To top it off, BBTS had the nerve to write that that area is supposed to be lighter. That area was never supposed to be white. I'm still waiting for their second response, but it looks like I may have to take it up with Sideshow.

In other news, my Spinosaurus arrived yesterday and there was a giant scratch on the side. I currently have 8 preorders with Sideshow. TBH, I don't know if I want them anymore after getting two messed up statues in a row.

IMG_2604.JPG
IMG_2607.JPG

Damn, yeah that's some really bad **** right there. And I have the spinosaurus on preorder as well so that's not something I want to be looking at. Hopefully BBTS can help you out, or sideshow.

Damn, yeah that's some really bad **** right there. And I have the spinosaurus on preorder as well so that's not something I want to be looking at. Hopefully BBTS can help you out, or sideshow.

Can you post a photo of yours when you receive it? BBTS said they opened 2 of them and that white spot appeared on every one much lighter than the tan area on the bottom. If that is true, then this is an absolutely horrid production piece. Sad too, because the rest is awesome.

Won't be for a few months since I'm paying off 3 dinos at once with their payment plans. But yeah I'll definitely come back here and compare mine.

the white spot is on all those, which is pretty sad...because its on SS's proto, but it was supposed to match the underbelly of the apatosaurus from what i can see...so pretty stupid thing to do, nothing that can't be touched up and fixed..but stuff like this doesn't surprise me, and hasn't for quite some time now.

017.jpg

What the hell, really? Why would they put that on these things intentionally? I'm almost tempted to go at it with some paint or a goddamn dry erase market or something when I get mine. I think overall it won't stick out as much, even if it ends up being a not so well done job.

Wow... Either they haven't sold many of these or they are getting tons of complaints. Has anyone gotten one where the mark wasn't white?

Back