Apatosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the puppets from Pizza Hut when I was a kid. I kinda wish I still had them. I'd find somewhere for them...

My mom and me loved the first one..she even recorded the song off the end.

Same here..I still have a couple of mine..I made my mom look everywhere for them til I had them all..lol I even have the movie poster and cel replicas they had hanging up .. ;D

I don't know about a 1/1 Dio..lol but a nice statue of all of them would be great..something maquette sized maybe..especially the sharp tooth. I looked around eBay and I'm surprised no one has made anything like that yet.

I also remember having the hand puppets from Pizza Hut. Those were the good ol days. Back when toys kicked ass. lol

I've been meaning to get all the films on dvd, yes ALL of them. They may be corny, but I love Dinosaurs and I love animation. Perfect combination if you ask me. Of course, none of the sequels can ever come close to the original. It had a much darker tone to it. I guess that's what made it special to me.

Btw, yay Apatosaurus maquette! Sorry, I had to include something that's on topic. ;)

Maybe someone else discovered this already, and I'm slow, but...

I was browsing the product pages for dimensions on Sideshow's site, when I noticed the box dimensions for the Apatosaurus have changed. The box is now listed as 51 inches long. :google

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=200134

This would be a strong indicator that the statue will actually be shipping fully assembled, not with a separate tail as we believed initially when the box dimensions were smaller (they were probably placeholder dimensions or something).

Sounds good to me. I was a little worried it would have visible seems. It's not really that long if you stop and think about it. The end of the tail looks very sturdy, but will it hold up to the abuse some put it through? Only time will tell. Maybe if Sideshow would put BREAKABLE ITEMS on the boxes, instead of writing the Italian word FRAGILE, we'd have less damaged pieces. ;)

I think the tail should be fine in the styrofoam. In my experience its usually the fragile pieces that can fit into styrofoal that get broken, like an arm being between the styrofoam on one side but open space and the figures body on the other. That's my hope anyway....

I'm far more concerned about acidently snapping that tail on my own...

Not that long? I'm sorry, but but this would be a record-setter in my collection. Not all of us are prepping our homes for Foulkes-sized sauropods, good sir.

The tail continues to be a source of worry of course; it's bound to be the most fragile part of the piece.

Funny thing about that is, I'm still not definitely sure on the length of Shane's Apatosaurus. I've seen so many different measurements thrown around, it's not even funny. I'm thinking I'll just measure it when I go to Wonderfest, or I'll just ask Shane again. lol

I think actual length, and "display length" are being confused. These are two totally different things. Since his Apatosaurus has a curled tail, you have to make sure your talking about the "display length". ;)

I'm dying to receive both of these titans, as I love both designs very much. Now where is some Diplodocus love? :dunno

Apatosaurus counts as diplodocoid love. It's in the manual.

For those of you just tuning in, welcome to the madhouse.

I can't accept that as an answer. Personally, I'd love a nice WWD adult Diplodocus, with infant diorama. ;)

If Raul Martin ever decides to sell his art as posters, I'd love his Diplodocus and Apatosaurus works. Not to mention pretty much everything else the man has created. God what I wouldn't give to be so talented. :eek:

I think we'll see a Brachiosaur before we see a Diplo..if they did do a Diplodocus..I have to vote for a Dio piece with it facing off against Allos or Ceratosaurs and in a " rearing " posture reminiscent of the Barosaurus vs Allo that is so popular.

:lol Would you be happier if they just did a whole line of "Allosaurus vs. Everything" dios? You know, I think Shane's new Allo was going to be facing off a Cerato.

Why not ? Allosaurs make EVERYTHING better ! ;D Well...except a sauropod family outing..but they don't usually let them into those parties anyway.

Allosaurus..not just a dinosaur..it's an obsession ! ;D

Seriously ? That would be SWEET !

I think we'll see a Brachiosaur before we see a Diplo..if they did do a Diplodocus..I have to vote for a Dio piece with it facing off against Allos or Ceratosaurs and in a " rearing " posture reminiscent of the Barosaurus vs Allo that is so popular.

Brachiosaurus is another sauropod that's very unrepresented in the high end collectibles world. Jonathan Rader is working on one, but I don't think he's gotten very far.:(

Commission Shane to do one at 1:15.

Oh believe me, I have thought about it. That, a 1:1 baby Diplodocus, and a 1:1 adult diplodocus bust. The bust would have about 5 feet of neck aswell. ;) Only thing is, Shane is so busy doing multiple things, I don't know how long it'd take him to do any one of those. I'm not sure what get's top priority. :dunno

If Sideshow does another sauropod and I can't see them not if the line continues..it should be really different so either Brachiosaur like I mentioned earlier or something unique like Amargasaurus maybe.

Jeremy, I have to ask finally, don't take offense or anything please..but just what kind of job do you have that you afford all these beasts ? Depending on your answer, I just may have to switch professions... lol

Back