Ant-Man: The Movie is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edgar Wright Teases ANT-MAN Story and Using Scott Lang as the Protagonist Instead of Hank Pym | Collider

This is still speculation as all Wright posted was the following image along with the word "Homework"

11794099984_09309e1365.jpg

Thats ****ing awesome that Edgar Wright was already talking about doing this movie as a split with Tales to Astonish 60ish nod, then Fastforwarding to present day with Lang 7 years ago, sounds like hes had a long time to think about what he wants in this. Even though I hate Paul Dudd with a passion, can't wait to see this 6 times in the theatre. :yess:

Michael Douglas has stepped into some of the biggest--or should that be tiniest?--shoes of his career.

The two-time Academy Award-winning actor will join director Edgar Wright and Paul Rudd in Marvel's "Ant-Man," hitting theaters July 31, 2015.

"With Hank Pym's rich history in the Marvel Universe, we knew we needed an actor capable of bringing the weight and stature to the role that the character deserves," said Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. "We felt incredibly relieved when Michael Douglas agreed to step into the part with the charm and fortitude he brings to every character he inhabits, and couldn't be more excited to see what he will do to bring Hank Pym to life."

The legendary actor, who earned an Academy Award in the category of Best Actor in a Leading Role for his iconic portrayal of Gordon Gecko in "Wall Street," has also starred in numerous modern classics including "Basic Instinct," "Fatal Attraction," "The Game," "Wonder Boys," "Traffic" and many more. In addition to acting, Douglas has also served as Producer and Executive Producer on a number of films including "Romancing the Stone," John Carpenter's "Starman" and "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," for which he also won an Academy Award for Best Picture. Most recently, Douglas earned a Golden Globe and his first Primetime Emmy Award for his role as legendary entertainer Liberace in the HBO original film "Behind the Candelabra."

Douglas will star as Hank Pym, who first appeared in TALES TO ASTONISH #27 (Jan. 1962), with Rudd starring as Scott Lang in the film.

More on Marvel.com: https://marvel.com/news/movies/2014..._as_hank_pym_in_marvels_ant-man#ixzz2qJVlto9K

That's interesting. Unexpected, but interesting. What the hell, I'm in. I've loved everything else that Marvel's done (including Iron Man 3, even though I talk trash about it to mess with people sometimes :lol), so I'll bite. Plus, Douglas is a fantastic actor, and I've liked most everything I've seen of Wright's with the exception of Scott Pilgrim.

I'm just in shock that first Redford, then Close and now Douglas are in CBM. :lol

Regarding the story, its been known for awhile now that Pym didn't create Ultron in the MCU (it will be Stark/Jarvis probably).

Hell, Pym might even be the villain in this from what i'm reading.

Pym isn't that old is he? And i read somewhere he's the villain not the "first" Ant-Man

I reckon Ant-Man fans will hate this. He'll basically be Pym in name only since he's not a Ant-Man, is older than Pym and is a villain.

Douglas is a great actor. He'll do a good job.

I doubt his role will go beyond one or two movies. Hopkins clearly only wanted to do the first movie, i don't think Douglas will stick around to lots or movies either

Wow!

Redford, and now Douglas??? Talk about some heavy casting!

Morgan Freeman for Thanos at this rate!!!

Pym isn't that old is he? And i read somewhere he's the villain not the "first" Ant-Man

I reckon Ant-Man fans will hate this. He'll basically be Pym in name only since he's not a Ant-Man, is older than Pym and is a villain.

Douglas is a great actor. He'll do a good job.

I doubt his role will go beyond one or two movies. Hopkins clearly only wanted to do the first movie, i don't think Douglas will stick around to lots or movies either

Its all good, Marvel has earned my trust, even their bad movies are good.

Now WB, Sony and Fox. :lol

Not a fan of this take. I always liked Pym as Ant Man/Giant Man/Goliath/Yellowjacket and Janet as Wasp. Don't even know who Lang is. I've got a feeling a lot of this goes to Write just wanting to do a 60s vibe and this is the way to pull it off--turning two of the founding Avengers into geriatrics in the process. I had to look up who Scott Lang was. Very weak character compared to Pym. I guess this also now means that Marvel has to dig him out of the grave in the comics. I'd expect this kind of thing from FOX but not Marvel. Well just have to hope the movie is good.

Well that news certainly came out of no where. Kinda wish they went with Pym being AntMan but so much for that. Not sure what this means for Wasp.

Scott Lang's a thief who stole the suit and wound up becoming Ant-Man. He didn't create it and lacks the genius to do so.

Cool, so that saves us from having a Brain-vengers movie with Banner, Stark, & Pym. Two braniacs are more than enough to figure out any scientific problem that happens in the MCU.

Back