Ant-Man: The Movie is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, so that saves us from having a Brain-vengers movie with Banner, Stark, & Pym. Two braniacs are more than enough to figure out any scientific problem that happens in the MCU.

It's actually disappointing. There're some crucial storylines that without an active Pym lose some "oomph" (like Civil War and Hulk's banishing for Planet Hulk and WWH). As was mentioned earlier, it also kinda leaves Wasp orphaned, which is also lame.

Oh ok, well, that sucks then. It would've been nice to see someone as Wasp and see what the team dynamic would be with two females on the field. But I'll just wait and see on this movie, the only Ant-Man story I've read was the Irredeemable story-line, so Eric O'Grady became my default Ant-Man.

how old Douglas is anyway...90?

I have faith in Marvel Studios, But Disapointed..

Just keep Douglas away from everyone's vajayjays and he should be ok. :lol

When you said this, for some reason, I pictured one of those wrinkly, shriveled and dehydrated 7-Eleven hotdogs that's been slowly turning on the rotary grill, unpurchased, from opening to closing. :monkey4

Cool, so that saves us from having a Brain-vengers movie with Banner, Stark, & Pym. Two braniacs are more than enough to figure out any scientific problem that happens in the MCU.
That was actually my concern. In the comics, Pym is a scientist first, adventurer/good guy second. In that sense, this direction makes sense for the franchise when you've already got a third or so of the Avengers as genius scientists. On the other hand, like nexus, I've got very little familiarity with Lang in the comics, and would have preferred to have all the original characters together. But, it is what it is. I'll cross fingers that it works out.

It's actually disappointing. There're some crucial storylines that without an active Pym lose some "oomph" (like Civil War and Hulk's banishing for Planet Hulk and WWH). As was mentioned earlier, it also kinda leaves Wasp orphaned, which is also lame.
Shouldn't be hard to shoehorn Wasp into this universe if they choose to.

So does this mean that, in the MCU, the reason Hank Pym always beats Janet is because her ****** gave him cancer?

Interesting cast as Pym. Douglas is 69 and a legendary actor. I doubt he'll do any real action. Hence, Rudd as Lang is a given.

Not being the biggest Ant Man aficionado, I am actually excited by this news. I really liked that episode of earth's mightiest heroes, so if that is the inspiration, I think the movie should be exciting.

This has to be an early April Fools joke on us.....

RIGHT?

Considering your forum name... "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Pym isn't that old is he? And i read somewhere he's the villain not the "first" Ant-Man

I reckon Ant-Man fans will hate this. He'll basically be Pym in name only since he's not a Ant-Man, is older than Pym and is a villain.

Douglas is a great actor. He'll do a good job.

I doubt his role will go beyond one or two movies. Hopkins clearly only wanted to do the first movie, i don't think Douglas will stick around to lots or movies either

Is that even a real thing? :lol

I know next to nothing about Ant-Man, but I think this is pretty awesome news. Douglas playing Pym who invented the Ant-Man tech years ago, and Rudd's character stealing it and becoming the good guy in the end and joining the Avengers.

Would be a nice opportunity to do a closing scene like the one in The Incredible Hulk where Stark comes to talk to Ross. They could do something similar here where Cap goes to talk to Rudd's Ant-Man to get him to join The Avengers.

I dont know much about Ant Man either, but from what ive read recently regarding the film im really looking forward to it

Back