Another nominee for The Darwin Awards...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm astonished people are upset about this. A young adult points a realistic gun at 2 officers, they tell him to drop it, he doesn't and gets shot. Seems very, very simple to me. Maybe if the parents had taught the kid not to ____ around with guns he might still be alive. Lets not blame the kid/parents but lets do the easy thing and blame the cops. :slap:slap

:slap

One would think the amount of training this man has gone through that stupidity like that would not be a factor. I guess the half million or so of dollars the Navy had spent training this individual (our tax money) went to waste.

I wonder how many beers this guy took down before this happened? :dunno

It is a fact that alcohol intake does need to be considered. I am also curious as to how much he had to drink.

:slap

One would think the amount of training this man has gone through that stupidity like that would not be a factor. I guess the half million or so of dollars the Navy had spent training this individual (our tax money) went to waste.

I wonder how many beers this guy took down before this happened? :dunno

Alcohol trumps training every time.

A similar thing happened to a good friend of mine when I was a Deputy Sheriff. Sadly, his situation turned out for the worst.

I am so glad to see support for cops. I have read so many forums putting LEOs down for doing a job that others can't. Many officers are married and have children. They are first responsible to go home to there spouse and kids safely. I can tell you these officers have lost sleep over having to take the life of a child. Some will see his face when they look into their own 15yr old eyes.

To say that cops are overpaid is crap. Yes, some make alot of money-those same cops are not working 40 hrs/wk they are putting in 60-80 hours.

Think for one moment that every day they drive to work not knowing if they will be coming home. I pray every morning that I and my co-workers are safe and evey night that we where.

When's the last time one of your "customers" have spat on you or has been covered in feces and urine. Have you ever had to hold someones neck closed after they sliced it open?

Yes, there are bad cops just as there are bad doctors,dentist and teachers. All who have taking oaths. Sorry for the rant but I just got tired of seeing crap written(not really here but on other forums), this is just part of my extended family and I feel safe expressing.

Thank you to the men/women here that serve and protect.

I am so glad to see support for cops. I have read so many forums putting LEOs down for doing a job that others can't. Many officers are married and have children. They are first responsible to go home to there spouse and kids safely. I can tell you these officers have lost sleep over having to take the life of a child. Some will see his face when they look into their own 15yr old eyes.

To say that cops are overpaid is crap. Yes, some make alot of money-those same cops are not working 40 hrs/wk they are putting in 60-80 hours.

Think for one moment that every day they drive to work not knowing if they will be coming home. I pray every morning that I and my co-workers are safe and evey night that we where.

When's the last time one of your "customers" have spat on you or has been covered in feces and urine. Have you ever had to hold someones neck closed after they sliced it open?

Yes, there are bad cops just as there are bad doctors,dentist and teachers. All who have taking oaths. Sorry for the rant but I just got tired of seeing crap written(not really here but on other forums), this is just part of my extended family and I feel safe expressing.

Thank you to the men/women here that serve and protect.

Did I say overpaid? I said paid well. Last I checked over 80,000 and sometimes much more is damn good money. excuse me if you guys are all millionaires and that's chump change, but if the suffolk county cops called me and offered me a job I'd take it. The thing is they won't be doing that because they have applications out the a#%. Weird, for such a sacrifice they make and how "little they get paid". Why do so many people want to be cops?

Did I say overpaid? I said paid well. Last I checked over 80,000 and sometimes much more is damn good money. excuse me if you guys are all millionaires and that's chump change, but if the suffolk county cops called me and offered me a job I'd take it. The thing is they won't be doing that because they have applications out the a#%. Weird, for such a sacrifice they make and how "little they get paid". Why do so many people want to be cops?
I'm glad you're not a cop. With that big ass chip on your shoulder you would be one of the JBT's you are _____ing about.

Civic duty? Feel a calling to protect and serve? You can ask that question for most professions...why do people want to teach? Long hours, low pay and you get treated like crap by kids. Why cook? Really long hours in hot kitchen for even less pay...why join the military? decent pay but you are risking your life on a daily basis sometimes....

Civic duty? Feel a calling to protect and serve? You can ask that question for most professions...why do people want to teach? Long hours, low pay and you get treated like crap by kids. Why cook? Really long hours in hot kitchen for even less pay...why join the military? decent pay but you are risking your life on a daily basis sometimes....

Believe me I ask my wife this all the time. I wish she would quit. But she loves it. She has her masters in education. I have no degree and make roughly $20,000 more than her. It's kinda sad. Granted I worked me bum off to get where I'm at and I certainly am not rich. But damn so much education and so many loans to make such a small amount. Not to mention the hours, kids, and parents. :lecture

Believe me I ask my wife this all the time. I wish she would quit. But she loves it. She has her masters in education. I have no degree and make roughly $20,000 more than her. It's kinda sad. Granted I worked me bum off to get where I'm at and I certainly am not rich. But damn so much education and so many loans to make such a small amount. Not to mention the hours, kids, and parents. :lecture

My wife was majoring in education in college until she had to student teach for the first time...she hated it and changed to a business major and now works at Homeland Security for the govt.

Besides driving to and from work, what is the % that you won't be coming home. Don't paramedics make great money? DO they make to much for what they do? I make just above the average income where I live and have an average house. Now I can lookup what the average yearly salary is for my department on the web and it will show it including OT.
Alot of people watch tv and want to be a cop but how many would/could do it.
There are days that are kick back and I say, "I get paid to do this". Then the days where I have questioned my choice of whether it's worth it.
I'm not saying LEO's get paid well but please take into account of what they do.

Really? the Way I see it, most cops become cops because they enjoy being bullies. I'm not even sure why I'm going on with this because you guys to seem to all have that hollywood notion of cops, which is great, I guess? But sort of Naive. Cops are humans, give any human power and most cannot be trusted. They aren't some superhero's who go this calling from baby Jesus or some thing. Maybe I'm jaded by my experiences but I can literally run off more then ten experiences where cops ranged from useless to being a bully to really over stepping their power. Each time picking on someone who has not broken the law. No, I do not like cops. Some may be good, I'm sure there are, but most I know become cops for money or power.

There is good and bad in every job as has been said. That's really neither here nor there in this instance.

These cops have a job to protect and serve the public. They were in a school with kids being in danger because of another student bringing a gun to school. Yes, it turns out the gun wasn't a real gun but I'm sorry they have to err on the side caution. If this child is acting like they might not only shot a cop, but could possibly take out a teacher or student thats even more tragic than where we're at now. The cops did the right thing by protecting everyone. It's a very sad situation but it had the potential to be so so much worse if things were just a bit different.

Last edited:
There is good and bad in every job as has been said. That's really neither here nor there in this instance.

These cops have a job to protect and serve the public. They were in a school with kids being in danger because of another student bring a gun to school. Yes, it turns out the gun wasn't a real gun but I'm sorry they have to side err on the side caution. If this child is acting like they might not only shot a cop, but could possibly take out a teacher or student thats even more tragic than where we're at now. The cops did the right thing by protecting everyone. It's a very sad situation but it had the potential to be so so much worse if things were just a bit different.

Just to clarify, I don't disagree at all with the cop in the particular situation.

These cops have a job to protect and serve the public. They were in a school with kids being in danger because of another student bring a gun to school. Yes, it turns out the gun wasn't a real gun but I'm sorry they have to side err on the side caution. If this child is acting like they might not only shot a cop, but could possibly take out a teacher or student thats even more tragic than where we're at now. The cops did the right thing by protecting everyone. It's a very sad situation but it had the potential to be so so much worse if things were just a bit different.

:exactly::exactly::exactly::exactly:

Really? the Way I see it, most cops become cops because they enjoy being bullies. I'm not even sure why I'm going on with this because you guys to seem to all have that hollywood notion of cops, which is great, I guess? But sort of Naive. Cops are humans, give any human power and most cannot be trusted. They aren't some superhero's who go this calling from baby Jesus or some thing. Maybe I'm jaded by my experiences but I can literally run off more then ten experiences where cops ranged from useless to being a bully to really over stepping their power. Each time picking on someone who has not broken the law. No, I do not like cops. Some may be good, I'm sure there are, but most I know become cops for money or power.

:lol In my experience, if everybody around you seems like they're being dicks, maybe it's not them. My brother-in-law is the first to admit, he'll give attitude if he gets it after knocking on the window or approaching someone. :huh

Have you ever dialed 911? :lol

Last edited:

Wow...not sure even where to begin with this post. "most cops enjoy being bullies"? "cops can not be trusted"?

And how do you know most cops do it for the money or the power?

Sounds to me like you were a ____ to some cop and he put you in your place. :nono

EDIT: And another thing.....do you think all the NYPD men and women who died in 911 were bullies? Were they bullies when they ran to their own deaths trying to save people's lives? Don't say stupid things like all cops are bad and bullies and only do it for power. It makes you look incredibly naive.

Last edited:

Who are you to make a judgement like this? Do you know everyone here personally? I know damned well that you don't know me if you believe this about me. I am pretty certain that I am smart enough to base my opinion on something more than movies. And in this case, it is based on experience. I can see your pathetic 10 experiences and raise you 10 or 20. And in different places all over the world, military and civilian. And I can tell you that twice in my 30 or so experiences, the cops were ill mannered...and one of those was completely my fault.

For the fun of it, I will share one of the better experiences.

I was at an ex-girlfriend's house collecting my belongings after we broke up. One of the things I collected was a bottle of 101 Wild Turkey. As I was packing...I got ____ed up drunk. I mean black-out drunk. I know I was arguing with her...but remember almost none of that. The next small flash of memory I had was being handcuffed next to a police car with three cops around me. A forth cop was interviewing her. She told them I was beating and kicking her and she claimed that I told her I was going to hurt her one-year-old son. I was so mad that I tried to break from the cop that was holding me so I could put a little truth into her statement about me beating her. Of course, with handcuffs on and a cop holding me by the arm...I got nowhere except slammed on the trunk of the cruiser.

But that cop whispered something to me that made it right through all of the alcohol. He said "We know she is lying and you are not in any trouble...yet." Then they took me to the Hospital to make sure I wasn't going to die of alcohol poisoning before they dropped me off at home.

I could go on and on and on about time after time that I got treated more kindly than than the police involved needed to.

And as for the rest of your post, to argue with extremes like making it sound like those who don't hate cops automatically see them as superhero types is a weak way to support your point.

I can say this much, I wish I could see you interact with a cop to see for myself if you are justified in your opinion. Because it has been my experience that how a cop interacts with a person they are dealing with depends partly on the attitude of the person. And looking at how argumentative your posts are, they make me wonder what you are like during those confrontations.

Wow...not sure even where to begin with this post. "most cops enjoy being bullies"? "cops can not be trusted"?

And how do you know most cops do it for the money or the power?

Sounds to me like you were a ____ to some cop and he put you in your place. :nono

EDIT: And another thing.....do you think all the NYPD men and women who died in 911 were bullies? Were they bullies when they ran to their own deaths trying to save people's lives? Don't say stupid things like all cops are bad and bullies and only do it for power. It makes you look incredibly naive.

How can you even begin to argue with his vast sampling of 10 incidents?:slap

Back