Another nominee for The Darwin Awards...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asshat.jpg

If someone kicked in your front door and pointed what looked like a gun at your family, would you take the time to see if it was real or not, or potentially risk your family's lives to try to subdue the intruder non-lethally?

Not all cops are pigs, and moreso, we're talking about a situation where it was unrealistic to expect anything but the outcome. It's a shame you can't see past a personal prejudice and view the situation for what it actually was.

When did I say the cops didn't do the right thing? the kid was an idiot. I'm mainly debating that cops don't make a lot of money. I can't speak for the rest of the country but where I live cops make big bucks. Tons of people I personally know take the cop test every time it comes up because it's known as a high paying job. As far as my opinion of cops, lets just say I've had more then my fair share of bad experiences of cop bullying but I won't share there here because clearly this board is pro cop.

couldn't open it, was making me download something which I refuse to do. I already know how much cops make (I didn't say start at it, I said make). I've known cops personally and I have friends who's father's are cops. They make good money, period. NYC cops are underpaid. I agree with that.

also provided by your own link....

$108,132 after 8 years

:rotfl

How do they get by....
But you don't live in that county so it's invalid remember.

So you are saying people become a cop in hopes of making that kind of money in 8 years? So they start really low and then work 8 years they get an average salary in the 60k range over those years, still not a lot. So if they make it 8 years they a good living from there out. You said they join to make money seems like a big gamble to take a job you don't want, make not a lot of money for years in hopes to get good money 8 years later.

also provided by your own link....

$108,132 after 8 years

:rotfl

How do they get by....

I've had my fair share of foul run-ins, but I don't project my view of a few brass-wearing pigs to every single cop. That's like saying all Germans are Nazis. Also, my brother-in-law's been a deputy for almost a decade now and he makes nowhere near that figure. :huh

But you don't live in that county so it's invalid remember.

So you are saying people become a cop in hopes of making that kind of money in 8 years? So they start really low and then work 8 years they get an average salary in the 60k range over those years, still not a lot. So if they make it 8 years they a good living from there out. You said they join to make money seems like a big gamble to take a job you don't want, make not a lot of money for years in hopes to get good money 8 years later.

Correct, Suffolk cops make even more.

Nam, does your uncle live in long island? If not I cannot comment, it's possible cops in other parts in the country don't make that, but where I live they do.

Correct, Suffolk cops make even more.

Nam, does your uncle live in long island? If not I cannot comment, it's possible cops in other parts in the country don't make that, but where I live they do.

Brother-in-law, not uncle (who until recently was in Lompoc on trafficking). :lol He lives in Placerville and actually makes closer to what mfoga posted than what you're saying.

Can't say anything else that hasn't already been stated in this thread. Definitely won't get any sympathy from me. The police gave warning to drop the weapon, they perceived him as a threat, end of story.

Someone aims a gun at you that looks real after being informed that you're law enforcement and ordered to put the gun down several times deserves to be shot dead regardless of what type of gun he's holding or what color the gun is. It's not like someone's gonna walk up and check. This is compounded by the fact that it was a school with students present. If they'd played coy and it'd turned out to be real and students died by that idiot's hand, or if they'd shot to maim and a bullet had gone stray and injured someone, public outcry would be much worse than a ____tard of a mother refusing to take responsibility for the failure of a child she produced. Even the deceased's grandmother understands why the end result happened.

I said I wasn't there. I'm not defending the kid. I was just saying. That is all.

Those cops very well may have little ones of their own that are expecting them to come home.

A situation like this isn't like in the movies. You see a weapon pointed at you, you shoot to drop the target. Period. I certainly don't envy anyone that has to shoot a child. That would be a life changer and something that will likely bother these officers until they die.

And yes, I agree with you.

I'm aware of the reality of the situation.

Also, don't blame the ____ing cops. Sometimes cops can be awful human beings, but more often then not, they actually CARE about your safety.

I tend to not take cop-haters very seriously. Most of those that I have met in person fall in to a few general catagories: those who want to get away with lawbreaking, the ignorant, or attention whores.

Everyone on Earth knows that not all cops are good people. But the vast and overwhelming majority of them are.

Although it is to a much smaller extent, I experience every day the hate piled on a group of people based on the actions of a few.

I am glad that I have the ability to see the forest through the trees.

This child made a very, very stupid judgement call. Many reports that I am reading paint him as a great kid. That makes this incident more tragic if it is true, but does not change the simple common sense of the matter. His actions decided his fate.

And at the end of the day, based on the information presented so far, my only question is...why did he make this choice? Based solely on the news articles that I have read about this kid...he was just short of being a golden boy. So if the news articles are correct, I wonder what happened. Or did the news just glorify him to make the cops look bad.

Another report I read stated that he was proving to the woman that the gun was not loaded.

It'sNotLoaded,Watch!

:slap

One would think the amount of training this man has gone through that stupidity like that would not be a factor. I guess the half million or so of dollars the Navy had spent training this individual (our tax money) went to waste.

I wonder how many beers this guy took down before this happened? :dunno

Back