Another nominee for The Darwin Awards...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're so sexy when you talk rational.:lol

Bite me! :pfft:

Honestly, this is the type of BS I have to deal with daily, with "adults" making 200+ excuses for the failed result of their parenting, expecting everyone and their grandmother to be responsible for the waste of sperm they birthed. :lol

Sounds like they did everything by the book to me.

Tell me how they were supposed to know that this was not a firearm
fd5f36a16c105f00030f6a706700681e.jpg

Sounds like they did everything by the book to me.

Tell me how they were supposed to know that this was not a firearm
fd5f36a16c105f00030f6a706700681e.jpg

Very much looks like a Glock to me. :lecture

If someone pointed that at me you can damn will bet I'm firing first if I can.

But, but he was only 15. They could have tased him!:slap
I get what you are saying, but there were other kids in the vicinity and the officers had to think about that as well. Imagine if the 15 year old started randomly shooting and hit another kid?

If I was the parent of the "other kid", I would be asking why my kid was dead while the officers were wondering whether or not to taze the kid waving a gun around.

It is a crappy ending, but the cops did the right thing.

That post is absolutely oozing with sarcasm.
I don't see how it could have been misconstrued as anything but.
Ok, sarcasm. :thud:

I get what you are saying, but there were other kids in the vicinity and the officers had to think about that as well. Imagine if the 15 year old started randomly shooting and hit another kid?

If I was the parent of the "other kid", I would be asking why my kid was dead while the officers were wondering whether or not to taze the kid waving a gun around.

It is a crappy ending, but the cops did the right thing.

He was being facetious. :lecture

EDIT: You got it. :duff :lol

Those cops very well may have little ones of their own that are expecting them to come home.

A situation like this isn't like in the movies. You see a weapon pointed at you, you shoot to drop the target. Period. I certainly don't envy anyone that has to shoot a child. That would be a life changer and something that will likely bother these officers until they die.

I doubt it, I think a lot of cops get off on this kind of thing.

I doubt it, I think a lot of cops get off on this kind of thing.

I know several cops. They sacrifice a lot to try to maintain order and keep us safe. Plenty of time away from their families. Most of their wives are teachers as well. Seem to go hand in hand. I'm sure there are bad cops just like there are bad employees.

That said, I feel bad that they sacrifice so much, earn very little pay, and can be treated to comments like the above from ignorant people.

I know several cops. They sacrifice a lot to try to maintain order and keep us safe. Plenty of time away from their families. Most of their wives are teachers as well. Seem to go hand in hand. I'm sure there are bad cops just like there are bad employees.

That said, I feel bad that they sacrifice so much, earn very little pay, and can be treated to comments like the above from ignorant people.

:clap:clap:clap:exactly::clap:clap:clap

My neighborhood has a lot of little hellians running around. 2 of the little bad assess were awarded BB guns (I'm assuming for Christmas). They have been running around shooting all sorts of shat with them. The very second one is aimed at anything on my property I'm running out and taking both of them and instructing the maggots to have their father come if they want them back. I will then instruct their father to be a man and teach them to respect any weapon and the next time I'm calling the cops.

Admit it, you just jealous they got BB guns and you didn't :lol

Yeah I work with them on nearly a daily basis all over the country for my job. Sure there are some bad ones but most are good. Very few want to use their weapon. I have meet some who are still emotionally scarred for having to use weapon on duty. I also know a couple who were on scene for the North Hollywood shooting (you have seen it it looked like something out of a movie) where they were up against maniacs who didn't care about their own life and had to sit and try to take down someone who had them outgunned and still can't believe they are alive and still stayed there trying to anything they could knowing it could result in the end of their life. Cops in my opinion are just one step below (very small step) those who sign up for Military. They know know the risks but still do it to protect something or someone else.

:rotfl:rotfl I'm sorry, but :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Cops in my area, make around 80,000, a lot more. Those poor poor low paid men, No Idea how they get by on such low pay.

:rotfl:rotfl I'm sorry, but :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Cops in my area, make around 80,000, a lot more. Those poor poor low paid men, No Idea how they get by on such low pay.

If someone kicked in your front door and pointed what looked like a gun at your family, would you take the time to see if it was real or not, or potentially risk your family's lives to try to subdue the intruder non-lethally?

Not all cops are pigs, and moreso, we're talking about a situation where it was unrealistic to expect anything but the outcome. It's a shame you can't see past a personal prejudice and view the situation for what it actually was.

Back