Houston Teen Killed at 'Project X' Inspired Party

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Houston Teen Killed at 'Project X' Inspired Party
A spring break rave in a Houston mansion that was meant to emulate a movie turned deadly early Wednesday morning after several attendees fired guns, killing one person as police tried to break up the party.

The 2012 movie follows three high school students who throw the ultimate "anything goes" party that spirals out of control. While a damaged home and a bad hangover may be the only consequences partygoers faced in the movie, a string of copycat parties have caused over $100,000 in real damage, handfuls of arrests and the Houston fatality.

"[The gunman] was just walking, and he pulled out a gun and started shooting, like for no reason," Armstrong said. "He shot the boy in the back of the head and fell on the ground. He started shooting at the crowds, but then he ran through the field."

The copycat party wasn't the first in Houston.
Thirteen teenagers were arrested after trashing a new 4,000-square-foot home last Thursday. Nearly every window was smashed. Sheet-rock had been torn out and was left all over the floor of the half-million dollar house.

"I asked some of the kids why, and they said 'Project X.' And I said, 'O.K., what's 'Project X'?'" Mark Stephens, a private investigator working for the home builder told ABC affiliate WFAA. "When you look at the movie, and you look at what happened here, the parallels are uncanny. It was a copycat. They did everything that I saw in the movie."
In Miramar, Fla., Christopher Dade, 18, allegedly caused $19,000 worth of damage to a foreclosed home before he even had the chance to throw his "Project X" inspired party.

Strange....

Full article:
https://gma.yahoo.com/houston-teen-killed-project-x-inspired-party-202659149--abc-news.html

It continues to amaze me, the level of ____ing stupidity of some of the people we're forced to share this planet with.

So yet again, a story of how people can't separate fiction from reality. A movie to the real thing. And what a lame cop out, "I did it because I saw it in a film." Yeah, if that doesn't further prove that person's lack of intelligence and/or insanity, I don't know what would. Yikes! Reminds me of a story back from my childhood. When a bunch of guys jumped and killed a poor SOB after watching Boyz in Da Hood. Sad, sad times when people can't separate the real world from one on screen. :slap

I blame these violent video games. I played Pacman growing up and I still run through hallways chasing ghosts while popping pills.

So...after reading the story...it seems to me that the kid's death was not so much a result of a "Project X"-esque party as it was the result of some pathetic *********.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often with the stupid Bam Margera shows in which he trashed personal property like its going out of style. Kids are stupid and parents are stupider and tv/movies just gives dumb people dumb ideas.

Back