Another (definite) ebay scam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Jackhepburn, I was being facetious. I heard a lot of people got socks from Smail_shopping however the scamming fool sent them out without requiring a signature. There is no proof they arrived. If you didn't have to sign for them just start an "item not arrived" dispute.
I started a resolution case with eBay a week ago, just escalated it to get a decision on a full refund. They know this guy is a fraud, I hope to get my cash back within 48hrs.

Smail-Shopping offered me a $40.00 partial refund and asked me to send the socks back to him as well. He never gave me an address to send them to.
If he wants the socks bad enough, he's going to have to come here and get 'em.

I'm still waiting for Paypal to finish reviewing the case.

Last edited:
eBay said they were giving him 3 days to provide proof of postage and that the parcel had arrived in the UK - started to worry a bit..... but less than 5 hours later got a second email saying they have closed the case and issued a full refund! :D

I've just got off the phone from PayPal.

Two full refunds in my favour.

Smail_Shopping and 8858roomof were the two scammers.

PayPal didnt ask for anything to be sent back or any proof of delivery.

I got a rubber bracelet and a chiffon scarf instead of two HT Bespin Lukes.

I took pics of both items but PayPal never asked to see anything.

Hope we all get our money back from this.

Last edited:
Because of pricks like these ebay is harsh on sellers who have to deal with unreasonable and/or scam buyers and I will probably never use it to sell. Well done you @$$holes.

So can anyone figure out why these scams happened?

How did they hope to get any money from us?

I assume everyone will get their money back.

I'm just curious as to what they hoped to get after all the trouble they went to shipping out random stuff to us via tracked mail.

Last edited:
You buy their stuff and pay with paypal.

They transfer the money into their real bank account and withraw so they have real cash.

Paypal refund you, and then have to try and recover the money from them through the courts.

They make lots of money. It is NOT YOU they are scamming, it's paypal.

You buy their stuff and pay with paypal.

They transfer the money into their real bank account and withraw so they have real cash.

Paypal refund you, and then have to try and recover the money from them through the courts.

They make lots of money. It is NOT YOU they are scamming, it's paypal.

I was just about to type this, One of the sellers that was trying to scam me was buying a bunch of toys from everywhere ?? Like for little kids.. And for the sellers that have 100+ feedback I wouldn't even think it would be worth the trouble.

My question is: do these scammers hijack good accounts and change PayPal info? That's the real problem. I fear getting hijacked more that being scammed.

I find it hard to believe people who have 100% good feedback after years of selling are suddenly becoming crooks... so it must be hijacked, right?

My question is: do these scammers hijack good accounts and change PayPal info? That's the real problem. I fear getting hijacked more that being scammed.

I find it hard to believe people who have 100% good feedback after years of selling are suddenly becoming crooks... so it must be hijacked, right?

not all the time.....most are in business about a year they build up a 100% feedback selling 99c crap.....its called a long con....then they start selling the bigger pieces normally on pre order which maxs out the time period and ebay after 40 days wont touch it

not all the time.....most are in business about a year they build up a 100% feedback selling 99c crap.....its called a long con....then they start selling the bigger pieces normally on pre order which maxs out the time period and ebay after 40 days wont touch it

Seems like a lot of work, but I suppose if you have multiple accounts and live somewhere that the $5,000 or so you may steal can last you.

Anyway, stay away from accounts like "boomer546" or any seemingly random name and number set.

Hi guys
Have been reading the posts on here around the Xmas period as I was scammed by a couple of these guys on ebay & just had my account approved for posting. Must admit, I was fooled into bidding on some of the items having "won" a Luke Bespin, plus Iron Man Marks II & V. The sellers were 8858roomoof & smail-shopping. As soon as I started reading these posts I knew I was conned, as I went back & checked their previous items & the feedback. Once I saw that they were selling 99c pieces of crap previous to their Hot Toys listings the alarm bells rang. I got in touch with a couple of other buyers who had posted the first frsh negative comments on their feedback & they confirmed what was going on. Bracelets & socks instead of figures! I too went straight to the paypal resolution centre & started a claim for all 3 items before they had even arrived. I think just over a week had passed before I decided to call paypal direct, as smail-shopping had offered me a $30 refund on the Luke ( cheeky little prick! ). Anyway, long story short, after explaining to the American guy on the phone what was going down, he punched in some info into his system & came back to me with " yeah, this seems like an ongoing theme at the moment ", then told me that I would have my money refunded in full. A couple of hours later the cases were closed & I had all my funds back. Smail-shopping then turned their feedback to private & had built up almost 30 negative crosses to their name in about 2 weeks thus stopping us buyers from messaging one another or viewing the warnings we were leaving others. Smail soon disappeared, but i've been checking ebay almost daily for scammers & found 8858roomoof was back with a fresh new ID ( xiaosong8858 ) & 5 auctions on the go for the 1/4 scale Batman. The auctions were all to finish in less than 2 days within a minute of each other & already had peeps bidding on them. I reported the item page & then sent him a very "nice" private message, thanking him for the socks that arrived after I had won the claims case & that he & his other scammer mates were now easy to spot on ebay. Low & behold, later that night, he & his items were gone with his page removed! The only guy I trust dealing out of China is Feng ( loontentoys ) who I googled & read everyone's praise for the man. I purchased a Christopher Reeve 1978 Superman from him on my ebay app on NYE night ( full of alcohol & showing a couple of my mates my DX Batman & T-800 Arnie at the time ) & noticed he had the item sent the very next day. Well, he arrived on my door step in West Oz 6 days later & was packed superbly, & free postage is a bonus! The guy is awesome & will be dealing with him a lot more in future. His prices are quite possibly the lowest on ebay, especially when free postage is thrown in. Anyway, i've babbled for long enough. Enjoyed reading your posts guys & they helped me keep an eye open for scammers. Now just waiting for my Luke Bespin to arrive whom I purchased from a US dealer after my smail-shopping dollars were returned. Have a good day all.

Sorry to hear your story powers55 but glad you got refunded:)

Always been very carefull buying off ebay for big purchases and glad to know some sellers like loontentoys are reputable as I have never bought from china, due to the cons and import fees.
Maybe there should be a safe/non safe ebay buyers thread here to keep on top of the deadbeats?
Problem is accounts are too easy to start and build up feedback.

I must be special because I get scammed here in the US domestically. Disneeds sold me a ex Bespin Luke, two months later still fighting to get it or refund.

sent from my R2 unit

Hi guys
Have been reading the posts on here around the Xmas period as I was scammed by a couple of these guys on ebay & just had my account approved for posting. Must admit, I was fooled into bidding on some of the items having "won" a Luke Bespin, plus Iron Man Marks II & V. The sellers were 8858roomoof & smail-shopping. As soon as I started reading these posts I knew I was conned, as I went back & checked their previous items & the feedback. Once I saw that they were selling 99c pieces of crap previous to their Hot Toys listings the alarm bells rang. I got in touch with a couple of other buyers who had posted the first frsh negative comments on their feedback & they confirmed what was going on. Bracelets & socks instead of figures! I too went straight to the paypal resolution centre & started a claim for all 3 items before they had even arrived. I think just over a week had passed before I decided to call paypal direct, as smail-shopping had offered me a $30 refund on the Luke ( cheeky little prick! ). Anyway, long story short, after explaining to the American guy on the phone what was going down, he punched in some info into his system & came back to me with " yeah, this seems like an ongoing theme at the moment ", then told me that I would have my money refunded in full. A couple of hours later the cases were closed & I had all my funds back. Smail-shopping then turned their feedback to private & had built up almost 30 negative crosses to their name in about 2 weeks thus stopping us buyers from messaging one another or viewing the warnings we were leaving others. Smail soon disappeared, but i've been checking ebay almost daily for scammers & found 8858roomoof was back with a fresh new ID ( xiaosong8858 ) & 5 auctions on the go for the 1/4 scale Batman. The auctions were all to finish in less than 2 days within a minute of each other & already had peeps bidding on them. I reported the item page & then sent him a very "nice" private message, thanking him for the socks that arrived after I had won the claims case & that he & his other scammer mates were now easy to spot on ebay. Low & behold, later that night, he & his items were gone with his page removed! The only guy I trust dealing out of China is Feng ( loontentoys ) who I googled & read everyone's praise for the man. I purchased a Christopher Reeve 1978 Superman from him on my ebay app on NYE night ( full of alcohol & showing a couple of my mates my DX Batman & T-800 Arnie at the time ) & noticed he had the item sent the very next day. Well, he arrived on my door step in West Oz 6 days later & was packed superbly, & free postage is a bonus! The guy is awesome & will be dealing with him a lot more in future. His prices are quite possibly the lowest on ebay, especially when free postage is thrown in. Anyway, i've babbled for long enough. Enjoyed reading your posts guys & they helped me keep an eye open for scammers. Now just waiting for my Luke Bespin to arrive whom I purchased from a US dealer after my smail-shopping dollars were returned. Have a good day all.

I'm glad it worked out for you but I just want to say one thing, there is no such thing as free shipping. Postal service don't work for free! The price of the shipping costs is included in the price of the item instead. Sellers say "free shipping" to make it more attractive but you're still paying for it! :wink1:

Back