Another (definite) ebay scam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've said it before and i'll say it again. Ebay hate sellers.

How come i can't leave negative for buyers when they mess me around and warn other sellers that they have a time waster on their hands.

Every time i go into the bid history of my items, guess what............... there all perfect.............. except when it comes time to pay.

The amount of people who have died as a result of people bidding on my stuff is untrue. I must be the grim reaper of the bay.

Sorry i can't pay............. husband/girlfriend/wife/brother/friend/aunt/unlce............ has just died, bla bla bla.................... i must have indirectly killed 50 people last year.

How come those buyers never get punished at all...???

Forgot to add. Does that 1% you mentioned also take into account of the sellers that never report buyers to ebay for fear of feedback retaliation and also because they know that 99% of the time it's a guarenteed win for the buyer so why bother.

Do you really think that 1% is the true percentage...?

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Ebay hate sellers.

How come i can't leave negative for buyers when they mess me around and warn other sellers that they have a time waster on their hands.

Every time i go into the bid history of my items, guess what............... there all perfect.............. except when it comes time to pay.

The amount of people who have died as a result of people bidding on my stuff is untrue. I must be the grim reaper of the bay.

Sorry i can't pay............. husband/girlfriend/wife/brother/friend/aunt/unlce............ has just died, bla bla bla.................... i must have indirectly killed 50 people last year.

How come those buyers never get punished at all...???

I get what you mean, but here's the reason why you can't leave buyers negative feedback. Honestly, the buyer has ONE thing to do: Pay. And that's pretty black and white; either they did or they didn't. That's why there's no need to leave feedback and explain your feelings about the transaction. If a buyer doesn't pay, you can file an unpaid item case against them. Each time a buyer is reported for not paying, they have a "mark" put on their account. Enough of those, and the buyer gets suspended/banned. I can't tell you how many marks it usually takes to get a buyer booted off; that's not information I'm allowed to share.

Sellers USED to be able to leave buyers negative feedback. But in 2008, eBay got rid of that function because it was found that sellers were using it as payback. If a buyer was unhappy with a seller's shipping time, or method, or were unhappy with the product, they would leave negative feedback. At that point, sellers were using negative feedback to get back at buyers when the buyer really didn't do anything wrong. Again, they had one responsibility, and that was to pay. If they didn't, then like I said, file an unpaid item case so eBay can monitor that buyer.

The bottom line is, it's harder to sell on eBay than it is to buy. Sellers have more responsibility. eBay doesn't hate sellers. Without the sellers, there would be no buyers. It makes no sense for eBay to crucify the sellers. It's just that nobody is going to use eBay if it has a reputation for having shady sellers/being unsafe. I know buyers can be a pain, BELIEVE ME. I used to listen to unreasonable, whiny buyers for eight hours a day. But I really don't have a problem with the fact that sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore. Especially when they ruined it for themselves, on the whole.

Buyers only have one thing to do....? What about scam buyers of which i have personal experience.

Buyer has figure sat on shelf that is worth a fair bit of $$$. Figure is knackered though, so not worth that much $$$ Let's use leaky ab batman as our example.

Buyers goes to ebay and buys perfect example, like what happened to me.

Buyer recieves item which is perfect. Takes out of box and puts on display. Takes knackered one and puts in box, then contacts seller and says............. what the "F", this thing arrived and is knackered.

As a seller you will NOT win the dispute that follows.

Because ebay took the function of sellers not being able to leave feedback, it left the problem of sellers having to jump though hoops or else......................

When i try to get to my 10% discount for ebay fee's i have to get my stats pretty high to meet the requirements.

But here's the thing. Post & package will never get very high for me because buyers only ever read what the cost of postage is.

I send figures out at £3.50 postage. Buyer recieves figure and looks at what the post office charges which is usually £2.75 then proceeds to leave only one or two stars for my detailed rating...???

It p155es me off because these morons never take into account that the box costs £1.50 and therefore i'm actually paying some towards the postage.

If soemone bids on your item they are also agreeing with your postal charges. They should not be allowed to leave detailed feedback for it when it screws with YOU trying to get your 10% reduction in fee's etc etc.

Because ebay took the function of sellers not being able to leave feedback, it left the problem of sellers having to jump though hoops or else......................

When i try to get to my 10% discount for ebay fee's i have to get my stats pretty high to meet the requirements.

But here's the thing. Post & package will never get very high for me because buyers only ever read what the cost of postage is.

I send figures out at £3.50 postage. Buyer recieves figure and looks at what the post office charges which is usually £2.75 then proceeds to leave only one or two stars for my detailed rating...???

It p155es me off because these morons never take into account that the box costs £1.50 and therefore i'm actually paying some towards the postage.

If soemone bids on your item they are also agreeing with your postal charges. They should not be allowed to leave detailed feedback for it when it screws with YOU trying to get your 10% reduction in fee's etc etc.

I'm not a seller on ebay nor will I be because of what I read. I think you've made good points. You're right postage is also referred to as postage & packaging is it not? The packaging which you have purchased for a given shipment, not the post office - so of course they're not going to add it on. They're only charging for the sending of the item. And if the buyer didn't object to your stated shipping cost in the first place then there shouldn't be a problem but for buyers just being unreasonable, entitled pricks.

Buyers only have one thing to do....? What about scam buyers of which i have personal experience.

Buyer has figure sat on shelf that is worth a fair bit of $$$. Figure is knackered though, so not worth that much $$$ Let's use leaky ab batman as our example.

Buyer recieves item which is perfect. Takes out of box and puts on display. Takes knackered one and puts in box, then contacts seller and says............. what the "F", this thing arrived and is knackered.

To be honest, yeah, you probably wouldn't win that case. BUT every time a buyer files a case, it's recorded on their account. Forever. The notes and details of that case are attached to the account until the end of time. If a buyer is showing a pattern of filing cases, and if sellers are consistently stating that a particular is sending back different items, then they'll be punished. I'm not saying eBay is perfect, but I object to statements that they don't do anything and that they simply don't care. I'm telling you from first hand experience, they do care.

With the example that you came up with, it would be hard for eBay to prove that it's a different Batman figure than the one you originally sent out as a seller, since eBay never actually handles or possesses the item in question. If a seller is able to prove it's a different one, though, then they would win the case.

I agree with you. This was one of my least favorite conversations to have with sellers when I worked for eBay. You're right, when a buyer bids on an item and/or buys it, they are agreeing to the terms and details in the listing. No buyer ever has a right to agree to the shipping costs, then complain about them later. As a buyer, you wouldn't be able to get that "extra" money you paid to the seller back. As far as feedback goes, though...I know this will sound cheesy, but it's a free speech issue. Feedback only gets removed in very rare circumstances, and those are when there's swearing or personal details about the member in the comments. I'd get asked almost every day by members (both buyers and sellers) to remove feedback, to which I'd have to tell them that I simply cannot, because the feedback doesn't violate the terms. I'd have to tell the members that we can't just remove feedback because we don't like what was said, even if what they said is unfair or untrue.

With that said, I do agree with you on that issue. I would honestly love it if eBay revamped their feedback policies.

Your Batman example reminded me of a case I worked, that actually had to do with one of the Hot Toys from Nolan's Batman films. I THINK it was Hot Toys. All I remember is, it was a very expensive 1/6 scale. The buyer had bought one and had contacted the Res. Center, saying it was damaged. I looked into the buyer's account and found that they had bought that item, but had also bought ANOTHER of the same item for about half the cost the very next day. I closed the case against the buyer, because I saw what they were doing. They had found the cheaper Hot Toy, and chose to lie and say the first, more expensive one, was defective. Not so fast. :lecture

Last edited:
I actually appreciate the fact that your giving answers and please don't think any of this is directed at you. It isn't.

Ebay and paypal are more secretive than the SAS.

Few things with proving its a different figure. When you sell an item as sealed in brand new box there is obviously no reference picture, so the buyer can say anything within reason and they will win. I have experience of it and ebay regardless of what it said in their defence DON'T give a damn............... not one jot.

If they did, they would make the feedback system fair and let sellers give an honest account of their experience with that buyer.

You have no idea who is bidding on your stuff because all buyers according to ebay are perfect.

I actually appreciate the fact that your giving answers and please don't think any of this is directed at you. It isn't.

Ebay and paypal are more secretive than the SAS.

No problem. To be quite honest, I loved working for eBay and miss it a lot, so I enjoy talking to people about it. I made a stupid mistake in a moment of frustration and quit on the spot. It wasn't my ideal job, not at all, but it was a good place to work. So I suppose I like reliving the glory days haha.

I had to look up the SAS. I'm still new to the UK.:slap But really, if you or anybody else reading this have questions about eBay or things you want to talk/vent about, I'm happy to continue the discussion. I sell a few things on there from time to time, and I have a lot of respect for sellers with good intentions. It's stressful enough for me to sell a friggin' used DS game on there.

Anyone here have dealings with guobei11

eBay seller based in Beijing.

He's got good feedback and items I want, but I've not used them before. If anyone here has either positive or negative experience, let me know please.

Don't feel like getting burned again!

Cheers
Darth

He's got good feedback and items I want, but I've not used them before. If anyone here has either positive or negative experience, let me know please.

Cheers
Darth

check his feedback, it's solid. Also, he is continuing to list new stuff and is receiving continuous positive feedback. He is legit.

Also, I got HT luke from him so he's good :lol Free EMS shipping!!

Cheers
Darth

i have bought maybe 15 figures off him over the last 2 years, never once a problem ,good communications, seems a good guy!

Look at what I got instead of my Hot Toys Luke..........yes

sent from my R2 unit

I believe that can happen. My buddy got a shipment of rocks instead of Nick Fury last year. Had to involve the CC company to settle the claim.

Cheers
Darth

He is a great seller and he packs his figures well. I have used him a few times in the past.

Exactly what happened to me with my Terminator figure. The guy even tried to scam eBay and get full credit back while still keeping my figure. That was his mistake, got him good and was able to have eBay give me my full amount back.

Someone needs to find a way to do some sort of a confirmed content signature prior to shipping the unit out. Kind of like notarizing a signature/document. Bring it to a place that will sign as you pack your item for cheap, say under $5 dollars. This way, during any weird disputes, the only 2 factors that can compromised the package will be the shipping company (Good way to start an insurance claim) or the receiver. The sender should be saved from this ordeal and have full seller protection due to the service that was performed prior to shipping the package out.

Thanks for the good feedback on guobei11 guys.

Ended up getting my Monger from Goodshipped, expensive, but I trust them from years of use.

:)

Back