Another (definite) ebay scam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this lovely rubber band from 8858roomof aren't I a lucky person. Things is... because he has sent me "something" in the post it could delay my refund by up to 30 days according to the PayPal person I was talking to.

I didn't have to sign for my "socks" so I guess I could just deny they ever came? Still, I'd like to beat smail_shopping's ball sack seven shades of blue.

I didn't have to sign for my "socks" so I guess I could just deny they ever came? Still, I'd like to beat smail_shopping's ball sack seven shades of blue.

At least you got something from Mr Smail_Shopping, I got nothing at all from him but because of that I got an instant (well if you can call 10 days later instant) refund from PayPal.

I'd say dont say a thing to paypal and just say you never got anything from him.

If you tell them you got the wrong item it can delay the start of your claim process by a minimum of 5 days while they wait for him to respond to their email or a maximum of 30 if they have to reinvestigate the claim.

The PayPal process is a pain in the hoop but hopefully we both get all of our money back.

PS I'll hold him down while you beat 7 shades of s*#t out of him!

yikes, really sucks to hear all the scamming done, be careful next time on ebay guys.

I can see it now...the 'Training Theme' music from ROCKY and DarthGothikus in his yellow/black ring gear, the scammer sitting up high on a mounted wooden floor with a (small) hole in the middle and his danglers hanging through it....

...the horns begin to build..."PA-PA-PAPAPA-PAPAPA-PUM-PUM...."

DarthG begins his pugilistic barrage at the afore mentioned 'gentleman's baggage area'...his hands a punching blurrrrrr

j14 with a stopwatch suddenly shouts "NOW!" and DG swings out a crushing (and I picked that word very carefully) overhand right to end the session with a happy 'thumbs-up' sign.

...but then, I watch too many films. :wink1:

I got this lovely rubber band from 8858roomof aren't I a lucky person. Things is... because he has sent me "something" in the post it could delay my refund by up to 30 days according to the PayPal person I was talking to.

:gah:
You got a colored rubber band?
I only got a pair of socks - you must be special.

You shouldnt be allowed to set your feedback to private. it defies the whole purpose.

:gah:
You got a colored rubber band?
I only got a pair of socks - you must be special.

Yup I'd much rather my rubber band then the Hot Toys Luke that I won at auction for $258. I shall wear my rubber band all day every day. :D:D:D

I can see it now...the 'Training Theme' music from ROCKY and DarthGothikus in his yellow/black ring gear, the scammer sitting up high on a mounted wooden floor with a (small) hole in the middle and his danglers hanging through it....

...the horns begin to build..."PA-PA-PAPAPA-PAPAPA-PUM-PUM...."

DarthG begins his pugilistic barrage at the afore mentioned 'gentleman's baggage area'...his hands a punching blurrrrrr

j14 with a stopwatch suddenly shouts "NOW!" and DG swings out a crushing (and I picked that word very carefully) overhand right to end the session with a happy 'thumbs-up' sign.

...but then, I watch too many films. :wink1:

I love this post.

I got a pair of used 3d glasses from my Luke Bespin scam from China. I was nervous it has anthrax on it. He has been removed from eBay.

Disneeds sent me nothing for my Luke Bespin win, he is a real winner. Two for two on Luke's, I am on the waitlist for a ex on SS, maybe they will send me some chewed bubblegum.

sent from my R2 unit

I spoke too soon.

Smail_shopping has hooked me up big time.

I going to look cool in my multi coloured rubber bracelet and my pink scarf.

Stand aside and let Mr Awesome pass by.

Last edited:
Maybe a dumb question but if everyone is getting their money back how is this guy benefitting from this scam?

I've got $200 out of $400 back so far. PayPal said I should have the other $200 cleared for repayment on Monday. I've no idea how this guy is getting any money from this scam.

I don't understand why people are buying from ebay,there are sellers here that get most of these figures in stock.I get all my ht figures from a member and I've never had a problem.I can understand an older release but the new releases are usually readily availiable in the sales section.

The only thing that eBay tracks is it's quickly swelling bank balance. I think that it's also pretty clear that eBay does nothing by itself...until prompted by an actual complaint.

I am a former employee of eBay and just feel the need to say something about this. There are 1 million sales that go through eBay every day. There is literally a sale that goes through every second. eBay has an entire department dedicated to monitoring listings, auctions, buyers and sellers. But with the sheer volume of business on eBay, it is IMPOSSIBLE to police it all on their own without the vigilance of honest eBay users.

With that said, I do know that of all eBay transactions, only 1% have to be reported to eBay because of a problem. I know this because I worked in the Resolution Center. I know there are dishonest people out there, but all I can really say is, use common sense and steer clear if you see or feel anything fishy. There's a saying we used to tell customers to help them avoid getting taken on eBay again in the future, and that is, "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is".

I am a former employee of eBay and just feel the need to say something about this. There are 1 million sales that go through eBay every day. There is literally a sale that goes through every second. eBay has an entire department dedicated to monitoring listings, auctions, buyers and sellers. But with the sheer volume of business on eBay, it is IMPOSSIBLE to police it all on their own without the vigilance of honest eBay users.

But clearly not impossible to let the funds roll in...a million a day, 1 per second, you'll take the money but you can't police all of it...erm, hold it, you said...what? That eBay is happy making a great deal money from something that it cannot adequately control and, even by your own admission, is poorly policed...

With that said, I do know that of all eBay transactions, only 1% have to be reported to eBay because of a problem. I know this because I worked in the Resolution Center. I know there are dishonest people out there, but all I can really say is, use common sense and steer clear if you see or feel anything fishy. There's a saying we used to tell customers to help them avoid getting taken on eBay again in the future, and that is, "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is".

Well I appreciate the response, but as far as the resolution centre is concerned...it's a fully automated system until you get to the 'ruling one way or the other' stage isn't it?

I am both a buyer and seller on eBay and I recognise the service that it provides, but let's not get silly here...they are a business and out to make money, and nothing you said actually refutes my statement.

Well, technically, Paypal handles the money side of eBay transactions. eBay has no system in place where money comes into them. And it's true that Paypal is owned by eBay, but they ARE two separate companies, with their own policies, and their own way of handling things.

eBay is happy making a great deal money from something that it cannot adequately control

Maybe it can't control it in real time, because it's obviously safe enough that yes, multiple transactions happen every second. Very few people actually get taken on eBay. Very few scammers actually get away. eBay and Paypal are able to cover people in 99% of cases as long as they haven't screwed it up for themselves, to be honest. eBay never just takes money from users and then says, "Sorry, we aren't going to do anything to help you because we are just too busy". And quite honestly, you would not BELIEVE how much money eBay loses each year, paying out of their own pockets to take care of users who got taken and weren't able to be helped through cases and Paypal, for various reasons.

My point is, eBay does everything it can to help, even when it means losing money.

Well I appreciate the response, but as far as the resolution centre is concerned...it's a fully automated system until you get to the 'ruling one way or the other' stage isn't it?

Not always. eBay can be included from the very beginning stages. But keep in mind this is on the US site, where I used to live and where I used to work. By your spelling ("centre"), I'm guessing you're in the UK. It may be different here in the UK. And of course, I can't talk about the internal details of the company. But if you have a concern about a case or transaction, you can contact eBay and they can speak to you about the case, and notate the case on their end, things like that.

Oh, and also: I just thought I'd clarify that the Resolution Center is not the same department that monitors listings, sellers and buyers. They are separate departments. I didn't know if I made that clear. :)

Back