Another (definite) ebay scam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Free shipping is offered because when you offer free shipping nobody can rate you in the detailed shipping cost '5 star' rating.

This is the only way most people can get to their 10% discount on listing and selling fee's. It's an automatic '5 stars' when you offer free shipping.

If they didn't offer free shipping people would do the usual thing. Read what the cost of posting was................... and then mark you down because what you charged was slightly higher.

I'm convinced people seem to think in order to get a 5 star score off a buyer, sellers have to personally hand deliver the thing. Or go above and beyond the call of duty some how.

I'm glad it worked out for you but I just want to say one thing, there is no such thing as free shipping. Postal service don't work for free! The price of the shipping costs is included in the price of the item instead. Sellers say "free shipping" to make it more attractive but you're still paying for it! :wink1:

Yeah, I get all that, but I do add the cost of the items & the cost of shipping together to compare with items that are marked as " free postage " before I make my decision. They still manage to work out cheaper than the items with postage costs advertised most of the time. The figures loontentoys has on offer are the cheapest I can find with his " free postage " unless a private seller has them on offer? The CR '78 Superman was $209 AUD with FP & was easily the cheapest I could track down on ebay. I think the nearest I could find was from the US at $205 + $52 P+H ( AUD ), saving myself almost $50 right there.

If anybody is looking to get scammed you can get a Mech Test Tony Stark for only $100!!! and he has 10 of them!!! well not any more he has sold 3!!! Hurry Everyone!! FREE SHIPPING!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-I...6144?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3f211e08f0

I can't believe anybody has fallen for this, I mean come on.

I laughed at this....

Check out our feedback and buy with 100% confidence!

Clearly a conman, he has a feedback of ZERO!!!

ruifeng2012 sold three mark 5 IMs over the holidays under three different ids with a price range of $117-177... they've since been fused into ruifeng2012. Most of his stuff has sold for around $50. One negative comment said he sells fakes. Don't buy from ruifeng2012.

Does anybody know anything about exile147?, I bought 3 of his items a while back and the all 3 turned out to be "damaged" and he refunded my money and canceled the transaction.... He has since sold 12 other Hot Toys and received no feedback.... The only Feedback he does have says the item was "lost in transit and money was refunded" Anybody know what the point of selling all of this and refunding the money would be?

I only ask because I was going to bid on something else and saw it was him this is completed listings multiple 2 Faces and DX01 Jokers...

https://www.ebay.com/csc/exile147/m.html?_ipg=25&_from=&_nkw=&_armrs=1&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

I just think it's odd to sell 17 Hot toys figures and not receive feedback.... Has anyone else tried to buy anything from him?

smail-shopping got me for $465 for a Hot Toys Iron Monger. Guy is a thief, sent me a “envelope” that first had a hair net in it so that he could put a tracking number on it to give me, and then when he tried to claim to me and Pay-pal/EBay he sent it again, the second “envelope” had a pair of socks in it. I had to file a Pay-Pal claim to get my money back. (What got him was when the envelopes where checked in by the USPS they were documented as envelopes, and not packages or boxes.) When I got the bogus envelopes China post even had them down as hair nets; even the second one when it actually had a pair of socks in it that time. Everybody needs to stir clear of this guy.

smail-shopping also offered me a partial refund that I refused, I was told that these guys will try anything to slow the claims process down to try and keep your money. I was the last guy smail-shopping ripped off because I went to EBay and complained enough that they closed all his auctions and banned him, I also gave them some of his other user names, it’s a bad thing he could just open up new ones. The worse thing about it was I didn't get to leave him negative feedback afterwards. I sent him a parting email though; I can’t repeat it on here.

Does anybody know anything about exile147?, I bought 3 of his items a while back and the all 3 turned out to be "damaged" and he refunded my money and canceled the transaction.... He has since sold 12 other Hot Toys and received no feedback.... The only Feedback he does have says the item was "lost in transit and money was refunded" Anybody know what the point of selling all of this and refunding the money would be?

I only ask because I was going to bid on something else and saw it was him this is completed listings multiple 2 Faces and DX01 Jokers...

https://www.ebay.com/csc/exile147/m.html?_ipg=25&_from=&_nkw=&_armrs=1&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

I just think it's odd to sell 17 Hot toys figures and not receive feedback.... Has anyone else tried to buy anything from him?

id say hes building a sales record and refunding the transactions so he doesnt get negative feedback , then he'll reel in a bunch of sales and run.

edit: hmm nvm he has some good feedback with other things, I really dont know :lol

Yeah the cheap stuff he sells doesn't seem to get "lost" or "damaged" ... My first thought was he needed money before he receives his paycheck and when he gets paid pays people back... Or has a wicked gambling addiction and always wins enough to pay people back lol

I bought amazing spiderman off ebay and when I got it, that **** was cracked. But yay i got a refund

Last edited:
I just a package from China and inside was a pair of light up shoe laces...

Thing is, the only item I have on order from China is a 1/6th belt for $5 and that shipped two days ago from a reputable China based ebay seller so I dont know why I got these laces.

Maybe they are from my friend smail_shopping as an apology gift for trying and failing to rip me off over the Christmas Holidays???

I dunno :dunno:dunno:dunno

Last edited:
Smail-shopping got me on a Luke Bespin & offered me a $30 refund! In the end I called paypal & they refunded the money within a couple of days as the guy said he could see a pattern developing with all the dispute claims. Just noticed another guy from China trying his luck with 5 x HT auctions on the go atm. Seller id: jinkuaiyue with 0 feedback & has a 1/4 scale Batman, 1/6 Hawkeye, Samurai Predator, Bat-pod, & the best one yet a " NEW Hot toys iron man MK4 nail machine set IRON MAN HT special Collectible ", which is his description of the suit-up gantry. All auctions end within 18 minutes of each other in just over a day. Get on it fellas! ; ) Suffice to say, I have already reported his page, so we'll see what comes of it.....if anything?

Back