Another (definite) ebay scam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Another (possible) ebay scam

Re: smail shopping ..... HT Bane is not released and yet there's positive feedback left on the item, questionable buyer...

Ok I have opened two resolution cases in PayPal against 8858roomof and smailshopping.

No response from 8858roomof but smailshopping has been in touch since I opened the PayPal case telling me they are a legitimate seller and I will have my item before Christmas.

Both have issued me with tracking numbers for my items but I dont think they are legit.

According to PayPal protocol they have 10 days to get my item to me before the PayPal resoulution centre kicks in and I get my money back.

If either seller gets their items to me I'll be very happy as I just want my HT Lukes!!!!

One of the people who tried to rip me off gave a tracking number but never mailed it (it never existed) ... I also heard about someone who received a package with junk in it so it showed they delivered something (if this happens mail it back to them with a tracking number)... Either way Paypal or Ebay will get your money back... They have helped me 3 times now with no problem.

I too was also ripped off by a seller in Ebay, this was during the thanksgving holiday. He was selling Thor and a Mark VI for a really good price. The price was too good to be true!:rotfl

He had no feedback and was a new seller. I was hesitant at first but bought it, thinking that I will be protected by paypal and ebay if anything goes wrong. Long story short, paypal gave my money back :)

Seller's ebay name is kingpingoodss

I have gotten a lot of deals that were too good to be true and turned out to be real... I feel like with the buyer protection it's worth the chance sometimes.... I mean how good does it feel to get an amazing price on something? Makes getting something cool even better!

some ways to tell if its legit or not:

1)check feedback for items sold. If the majority is High end collectibles and he/she has a high feedback count and has been selling for a long time, usually good. But if they sold like 40 dollar sweaters and bracelets and has nothing to do collectibles, be aware.

2) Check if all the auctions seller listed up end at the same time. If they do, seller is probably going to run off with the money after.

3) If the price is too good to be true, it usually is.

This one I noticed recently:

4) If the seller has pictures of the auction with watermarks of another Ebay ID. :D

I am going to start watermarking my pictures for any high end items I list on ebay. I do think when people see actual photos and not stock photos they assume it to be a legit auction, so I can see people stealing those photos for that purpose, watermarking your ebay ID will help prevent that.

I have only bought a few hot toys items on ebay (most of my collection was bought from SS or AE) but I would only buy from US sellers (if you live in the US) because it seems like 99% of the scams come from sellers in Asia. Also never pre-order a figure from ebay, especially when ebay has a 30 day policy and the pre-order is for a figure 6 months out!

I am going to start watermarking my pictures for any high end items I list on ebay. I do think when people see actual photos and not stock photos they assume it to be a legit auction, so I can see people stealing those photos for that purpose, watermarking your ebay ID will help prevent that.

I have only bought a few hot toys items on ebay (most of my collection was bought from SS or AE) but I would only buy from US sellers (if you live in the US) because it seems like 99% of the scams come from sellers in Asia. Also never pre-order a figure from ebay, especially when ebay has a 30 day policy and the pre-order is for a figure 6 months out!

I believe that's 45 days..

some ways to tell if its legit or not:

1)check feedback for items sold. If the majority is High end collectibles and he/she has a high feedback count and has been selling for a long time, usually good. But if they sold like 40 dollar sweaters and bracelets and has nothing to do collectibles, be aware.

2) Check if all the auctions seller listed up end at the same time. If they do, seller is probably going to run off with the money after.

3) If the price is too good to be true, it usually is.

This one I noticed recently:

4) If the seller has pictures of the auction with watermarks of another Ebay ID. :D

A few more....
5) Using solely HT's stock pics

6) Using pics of others (some are not water-marked, though you can try google image search)

7) Copying titles posted by others (and descriptions too).

fuguironghua368

Their account just went bust.

Operating just like the others mentioned.

Doing my daily price checking on a HT Scarecrow and may have found another scammer (kf1814gh). Has a lot of HT stuff, all ending within an hour of each offer and a history of feedback for selling lighters and wallets.

Thanks for the heads up with this. I probably would have been too distracted by the deal if I didn't have this in mind, heh.

Since I opened the two resolution cases with PayPal yesterday both sellers have now supplied me with working track and trace numbers. Problem is... the track and trace info is gibberish to me. The results are numerical with no mention of a location. I still think it's a big ol scam.

I as an E-Bay Seller always include my business card (back of my business card as it has the stores logo on it ) so customers can see i definitly have the item/s in hand. I also have some easy peel stickers with my shops logo on that i will place on some items if possible. Any one can use another sellers pictures if they dont personalise them. Couple of recent examples
Darth180.jpg

Darth149.jpg

Crap. My DX12 is ordered from smail-shopping.

He has sent something at least, I have tracking information...

I can't be bothered to deal with any problems :gah:

Well, I hope I can get a DX12 again, I already have my cape and faceplate ordered

Last edited:

Crap. My DX12 is ordered from smail-shopping.

He has sent something at least, I have tracking information...

I can't be bothered to deal with any problems :gah:

Well, I hope I can get a DX12 again, I already have my cape and faceplate ordered

he will probably send some rice snacks lol, do a video of the unboxing just to be on the safe side

Hi I have a feeling he's dodgy. I contacted him today asking why he set his ebay feedback to private. He told me he is "going travelling and didn't want to be disturbed "??? Any way PayPal told me there is definitely something on the way to me in the post but who knows what it is. I have opened a PayPal dispute so they said I'll be covered if he has disappeared with my money. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

got a feeling he is doggy too......there is about 10 different names selling hot toys newer figures and vehicles they all have built up feedback with 99c goods .....one just sold hts hulk for 90 euros free pp, batmobiles for 80 euros dx12 200 euros .....2 months time will not be registered and people will have lost the 48 day protection with pre orders and the guy getting the dx 12 will end up getting a box of rags......if it looks too good

Sorry I meant to add I paid him $240 for a Hot Toys Luke. So I do have a vested interest in this thread.

I spent $290 on a DX12 from smail-shopping.

So I just wait and see what he has sent then I put out a dispute with PayPal afterwards?

Back