Annihilation (2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this on Saturday. Most of the movie is not for everyone. Before ending and ending are interesting. Mr. Green give this a 7/10.

Saw this the other day some individuals scenes are amazing , very creative and intense. Doesn't come together as a whole though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really enjoyed this movie! Not as perfect as BR 2049 or Ex Machina though, mostly because the supporting cast of women just couldn't keep pace with Portman, Leigh, and Isaac. Definitely more of a movie that you simply experience as opposed to figure out.

I *loved* the tied to chairs scene and final lighthouse sequences, those were fantastic.

I'd give it a solid 7.75/10.

Last edited:
the supporting cast of women just couldn't keep pace. . .
FYzk.gif

Heeeeeeey!
I only did it because a friend of mine didn't watch them at all so we marathoned TLJ, Farce Awakens and Rough One.
Farce was the most entertaining to watch becaus half of it is decent and the other one is so-bad-it's-good.

Buy me a ticket to US and I'll gladly "go see Annihilation". :wink1:

*please refer to post #27 to get the joke*

It's not playing overseas? Well it won't be around here much longer either, its bombing domestically. It's definitely stayed in my head since watching it last night. I'm inclined to bump it from a 7.75 to an 8 on account of how much fun it's been to ponder.

I found Portman a bit off putting in the trailers but she's actually pretty awesome in the finished film (and clearly seemed to be the only member of the all girl team who went through full weapons training prior to shooting.)

I was pretty creeped out by the bear and the ending. I think everyone in the theater (pretty much full crowd) were too because of the eerie and complete silence that overtook the theater during the last half. I wan't expecting much, given the reviews, but I was engrossed in the movie - quite an experience.

I was pretty creeped out by the bear and the ending. I think everyone in the theater (pretty much full crowd) were too because of the eerie and complete silence that overtook the theater during the last half. I wan't expecting much, given the reviews, but I was engrossed in the movie - quite an experience.

Agreed, and from what I've read on another forum it sounds like it's actually better than the novel that inspired it.

Back