Animal fur used in our collectables!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: animal hair

I was walking my dog & decided to go to Sideshows offices...

...now my dog is missing.

coincidence?

*ss*

I didn't realize that everyone who works at Sideshow is Korean!

*Burp*

:lol

what about all the ozone being destroyed by circuitboard manufacturers that make the very computer you are typing on?

doubt you'll stop using your computer to help save the HUMAN FREAKIN RACE will you?

:bang2

hair content

85% of the hair material is synthetic. In rare instances where fur products are used it is recycled from animals being used for food sources.

best regards,
Chicky

Re: hair content

So THERE! They were dead already! They didn't notice their fur was harvested!

That sucks. I guess I'll have to shave my cat bald to give all my dolls some authentic animal hair. Evil Ash is going to have an orange handle bar mustache.

OMG what do do with all my shoes. I tell you, it's a good thing cows don't have an oppossing thumb, or we would all be in trouble. Better not let them know hamburgers are really beef burgers, either. Just keep it quiet, okay. It may be some time before they work out them hairless piggies aren't what is really being used as fur in our dollies.

I say we eat sanpedromanrique, make them into a jacket and divvy up all their figures. Who's with me?

Well, now! THAT would be mean!

Unless, of course, he's tasty, hmm, yes preciouss.:gollum
Is it nice? Is it crunchable?

I have always wanted some crocodile boots ;) and I ate it once... not bad... ;)

Personally I have no issues eating anything that would be more than happy to eat me, given the chance.

Michael
MWC

85% of the hair material is synthetic. In rare instances where fur products are used it is recycled from animals being used for food sources.

In other words, this indeed means that, in case you are a vegetarian or veganist, collecting these figures is harming animals. Yes, they were already dead, but its still fur from animals who have been bred in what is most likely not an animal friendly environment.

Btw, if you'd like to know my opinion, I eat every meat you can imagine as long as it tastes good. I'd eat human brains if they'd taste good. Dr. Lector seems to enjoy them, so whats good enough for the Dr is good enough for me! And yes, if dog and cat taste good, I'd eat them too.

Well my bird will eat chicken wings. :eek My dog will pretty much eat any meat that he can get his teeth on. :dunno So since they don't seem to mind, neither do I. Plus, I'll eat any meat and if it doesn't taste good, some tobasco sauce will fix it right up.

Actually, I'd be in favor of Sideshow cutting out the use of animal fur. They should use actual hair. There's quite a few deserving humans currently in society that would be appropriate to use for that purpose. :peace

People give their hair for locks of love... and animals give their fur for locks of SS ;)

You know, nobody ever complains about the slaughter of plant life for food. It's only the cutesy-wutesy animals that anybody really cares about. it's not like plants are inanimate objects. :rolleyes
I could care less if Sideshow uses animal products, Shoe manufacturers use animal products and nobody gives a poo.

I've never eaten dog or cat, although I did eat at a Chinese restaurant once that later was shut down by the health department because it turned out they were using dogs and cats in their food. I personaly didn't notice anything weird about the food. But I guarantee that all of us have ancestors that did at one point in time eat dogs, cats and horses. :D

You know, nobody ever complains about the slaughter of plant life for food

And THAT is a big issue that no one seems to ever consider, but it's very true. For all the talk about "animal cruelty" no one even bothers to consider how "cruel" it is when you trim a hedge. You're basically slicing up a living organism. Or how about mowing the lawn? Eating fresh vegetables? Heh, you're eating them ALIVE. Bottom line: we are CONSUMERS. Plants, animals, whatever, we collect it, break it down, utilize it for our needs. And so does EVERY OTHER LIVING THING ON THE PLANET. Granted, we've developed some rather, "creative" uses for resources, but any way you slice it, whether it's the waste products from synthetics that damage the environment and drive species to extinction, or the harvesting of living organisms for consumption, our very existence AFFECTS the world around us. True, "responsible" consumption of resources is to be lauded, but a small percentage of animal hair(from animals already utilized for consumption) making it's way into the figures becoming an issue worthy of boycotting the product? PLEASE...:drool

Yeah, and rocks have a lifespan to. The whole universe is alive. Don't touch a thing, it could be seen as an act of aggression. Look out or you're gonna get it. :007

Run around, like this, :bliss with no pants on, like this, and you'll be in trouble too. Just try to be less excited when you open your parcel, with polystone enclosed, and they may forgive you.

:ent

I just had a dream that a Treebeard bust arrived. :bliss

Dog meat

I'll tell you one thing-
Dog meat tastes kinda crap, and donkey meat is a cheap substitue for spam.

Back