Animal fur used in our collectables!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dog meat

I am really OUTRAGED to have found out that SS has used real animal fur in some figures!!!!!!!!!

I love animals too, but this is one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen. I guess you don't wear leather shoes, have leather belts, a leather wallet, etc.?

I went to high school with a girl who claimed to be an animal activist. During a debate about it in one of our classes one day, I pointed out to her that her shoes were made of leather. That shut her up pretty quickly.

Outside of killing endangered animals like California Condors, Great White Sharks, or Humpback Whales, I say animals are fair game. I love my crocodile belt and don't really give a damn about the animal, because crocodiles aren't endangered.

A panda burger DOES sound pretty tasty, however. :drool

We destroyers....

Plants don't have nervous systems, therefore they don't feel a thing. Why would they feel pain if they cannot escape??? Pain is a defense mechanism made to go away from harming threads. However I am respecful to the enviroment in general. I'm the kind of guy that when I go hiking I end up collecting all the garbage other people leave in their way...
I don't wear leather shoes made out of animals killed just for that purpose. If they slaughter cows for food, the leather is a biproduct. My big concern was that SS could have been using dog or cat products but someone from the SS team clarified the issue. What I don't really understand is that someone can get upset against someone else just because that person is sensitive.........................

Re: We destroyers....

What I don't really understand is that someone can get upset against someone else just because that person is sensitive

The problem isn't you being sensitive, it's you posting this claim and enraging in it whilst not knowing if it is actually true or even revealing where you heard it. Even if animal fur was very commonly used it would not necessarily mean that these animals were slaughtered for the fur only, and certainly not that it would be cats or dogs, so that example was quite out of place.
As for respect for animals, I mainly agree with your opinion but you need to differentiate first in order not to come across as a hypocrite.

Plants don't have nervous systems, therefore they don't feel a thing

No, they don't have nervous systems like ours, but I think you'll find quite a lot of scientific literature clearly indicating that plants have their own sensing apparatus, and respond quite capably to a variety of stimuli, including touch, heat, light, wind, and gravity. And they DO, in fact sense pain and respond to it. See the link to the first article on the website below:

flatrock.org.nz/topics/science/dont_wilt_have_a_pill.htm

Response to external stimuli is one of the characteristics that qualify them as living organisms. In fact, there have even been experiments done utilizing biosensors that register the EQUIVALENT of an emotional response in plants to certain stimuli.

Now, I'm a Zoologist in 1/1 life, and as much a consumer as anyone; plants, animals, I'll eat any of 'em as long as they don't taste bad. It's the hypocrisy of ignoring the bottom line that LIFE SUBSISTS ON LIFE that bugs the heck outta me. You don't wanna eat animals and use animal based products? Fine. Just keep your self-righteous opinions to yourself. End of story.

Very well stated phantom011. I'd also add that Plants have evolved defense mechanisms like thorns and poisons to keep the animals away. I see evolution as a living thing's will to live. It is improvements so that it can have a longer and more fruitful life. (pun intended) A plant doesn't want to be eaten or destroyed in most cases, it evolves ways to prevent this just the same way animals do to defend themselves and to increase the likelihood of survival.
A thorn is a defense mechanism made to protect it's self from harming threats.
Also, if you can differentiate between a plant and a animal so distinctly that it's okay to consume plants but not animals, then it's also possible to differentiate between humans and the other animals that it's okay to consume animals. That argument on the matter works both ways.
My personal distinction is that we shouldn't consume animals that have an intelligence close to our own such as Dogs, Cats, Elephants, Great Apes, Dolphins etc... or endangered species unless it's a matter of starving to death. But other societies have different points of view on the matter which I accept.

What I don't really understand is that someone can get upset against someone else just because that person is sensitive....
It could be that animal rights activists are trying to manipulate our society to their own model, forcing people to conform to their standards. I'm not saying that was your intention, but it is the intension of others, and people are defending their points of view, and their way of life on the matter.

re

as in a hair cut and not a nasty thing.

Probably parlour pooches. :lol

Here, mate, take some of my cat's hair...she's moulting like crazy. Put that on your figure and display it! :p

With all the crap my cat consumes, not to mention the drugs she's on for her renal failure, no amount of seasoning would make her flesh palatable.

Re: re

You have a point there Gaz, maybe Sideshow are utilizing fur balls in their collectibles. Ewwww, :whip nasty Sideshow, nasty. :D

re

If you start itching uncontrollably, you know your figure's infested. :lol

A panda burger DOES sound pretty tasty, however.

Hold that thought...you may see a McMing Ming burger at your local drive thru before too long. :p

Perhaps we should start taking up a collection and send it to Sideshow? I have some hair I'm not using in the bottom of my shower...

I just found an old Hasblo dolly that has something green growing off it. Does this mean they have the ability to create new life from a 'non-living' source, or maybe it was the sauce. It's like a Dr Who episode coming true. Run, run :bliss

Oh dear, I forgot my pants again. :eek:

re

I once ate seagull and enjoyed every mouthful.... But I didn't realise it was seagull at the time. That particular kebab shop has now been closed down :rock

People are sooo silly!

baileylaugh.jpg

Although, I have to admit--I would eat my husband before I ate my little dogs.

Millions of dogs and cats are killed every day in shelters. Do you really think they burn them all and not use any meat, fur or by-product for profit??? That would be silly in this capitalistic society! :lol

Anytime you see a product with "meat" listed or "meat by-product"... not "beef", "poultry", nothing specific, but just "meat"? Well, I think you can guess what it is...

Anyway, I'm a big member of PETA. That is: People for Eating Tasty Animals! :lol

However, I draw the line at unnecessary suffering. I really try to buy products from humanly farmed sources. And of course I much prefer for an animal to be used in it's entirety- nothing should go to waste. THAT is why I don't condone fur for fur's sake. The millions of minks or foxes, whatever, killed incredibly cruelly so as not to disturb the product; their carcasses just wasted. All for vanity. THAT is a shame.
5.gif

Re: animal hair

It amazes me and makes me sick that people feel animals should be killed for our use, it's their world too people. There is no excuse to kill something for it's hide when something fake could be used. people make me sick...

Do you know they throw them in boiling water alive? And the poor things don't die right away- most are still breathing while being skinned. I've seen the retched videos. >:

Back