Animal fur used in our collectables!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

Why would they do that? :dunno :puke

It'd be different if they were humanely and quickly put down,
even if I still think that eating doggy is distasteful at best.

They do the same with pigs right here in USA, I know I grew up in the pig captail of the nation, North Kakalackie...

Sideshow just emailed me about this animal fur topic. Apparently they use the hair off of Richard Simmons back and placed on our dollies. :google

511515.jpg

re

Will he be a contributor to the 12" Star Wars line...specifically Chewbacca? :puke :lol

I was just thinking...what does it matter if they use hair? It's where the hair came from IMO. Some people get their pets hair cut...excess hair...maybe if SS was doing it, it was just recycled hair. Too many different ways to go with this type of topic. Maybe it's Richard Simmons recycled hair. Maybe it's my hair...point is...you don't have to kill or torture an animal to get hair.

denger4000, I notice your occupation is listed as a bogolgist...

Do you have to spend a lot of time in the bathroom.. or am I reading it wrong?

:lol

I don't think animals should be skinned and disemboweled while alive, but if you hate humans for doing that, animals do it as well. I remember my friend getting torn apart by a Doberman when we were about 9. The animal didn't seem to mind attacking some one screaming for their life. he came out of it with a few chunks missing and scars all over his face but only because the owner stopped the dog.
And I hate to imagine a baby getting eaten alive by a Dingo or a Wolf, but it has happened before. Animals kill and eat their pray with no regards for the suffering of others, just like humans.

First off it's a Boglins refrence, A toy from the 80's...Anyways...Animals do it because of instinct in those cases. I guess thats why humans do it eh? No animal does that for pleasure, and if they did it's nowhere near the extent that humans have done to wildlife in general so don't give me that weak arugement.

The thing is I have no problem with natives and early native Americans hunting to stay alive, the fact is in this day in age there is no reason to do all this stuff. I really can't see the mind set of any human who would want to hurt another living creature, but hey thats just me! So, no I don't think Lions are mean for staying alive by killing prey or what have you. If people here find this topic funny or light hearted then I'm dissapointed in my fellow collectors, either way I think this topic should be locked.

Not all Humans kill animals for pleasure. Many kill for sustenance wither it be for food and clothing or making money to buy Food and clothing. Same thing, it's a necessity of life.

Most Humans who Hunt or fish for pleasure eat what they kill. I know I've eaten Boar, Dear, fish, and pheasant that my dad hunted for. And the pleasure is not in killing the animal, it's in tracking the animal, Only psychos get off on the fact that they took a life and eviscerated the corpse, get it straight.

I really can't see the mind set of any human who would want to hurt another living creature, but hey that's just me!
Oh, but you won't think twice about hurting and/or taking the life of a plant now do you? What about stepping on insects in the grass, do you care or even notice that you just hurt or took the life of an insect under foot?

Re: animal hair

I am really OUTRAGED to have found out that SS has used animal material in all figures!!!!!!!!! I just found out that plastics are made from petroleum and petroleum is made from DINOSAURS!!! There was a big scandal a few years ago when they found out that the Chinese are using the same material in our toys and we are buying them! SS is responsible for the extinction of the dinosaurs!!!

I urge SS to stop using this unnecessary material and/or let us know when these product is being used in any of their items. As an animal lover I do not support the use of this material. I want collectables and toys to be pain-free for animals.

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I think we've taken this thread as far as we need to - the question was answered by Chicky.

Insects are animals, and no I don't kill them and even if i did I don't go out of my way to do it. When you prove to me a plant can feel pain or can feel pain like a deer then I'll stop eating them. I think most people who hunt get pleasure out of killing, there is no way around it to me. I would never be able to kill something like that.

denger, see my earlier post in this thread re: plants feeling pain, or just go to this link:

It'll answer your questions, but in short: Plants DO feel pain, and the bottom line is that your very existence is predicated on the need to TAKE life in order to sustain YOURS. You WILL cause pain to another living creature when you take it's life. Even when you're mowing your lawn or trimming your hedge. DEAL with it. Primitive man dealt with it by forming rituals designed to appease and thank the animal spirit whose life they knew they were taking in order to survive. It assuaged the guilt he felt for this neccessary act. Perhaps that may work for you. If not, then I'm not sure WHAT you're going to be able to eat.

Yes, there are perverse individuals who may take pleasure in the idea they are causing pain to another living thing. I think humans are unique in that aspect. However, don't condemn us as a species simply because of the abnormalities of a few individuals. Again: WE ARE CONSUMERS. And so are all the other living things on this planet. We are, once again, unique in the way in which we utilize our resources, but hey, if you don't like the modern conveniences that come from this consumption, you always have the option to turn off your computer and throw it away, get rid of your synthetic clothing and products (which damage the environment and cause pain and death due to the waste from their production), and go live a subsistence based existence on an island somewhere. Your choice.

Board moderators, perhaps this thread should be moved to an Off-Topic section...

BTW - animals do take pleasure in killing. One of the most disturbing things I've seen on film was killer whales playing with live seals before killing them, batting them out of the water back and forth to each other, clearly playing with their food and having a great time doing it.

And look no further than your own house cat to see how they treat prey. They enjoy it immensely. Yes, they have had to kill to eat in the past, and so it's instinctual - but that doesn't mean they don't enjoy it. Having sex is necessary and instinctual for me too, but that doesn't mean I don't have a bang up time doing it.

Michael
MWC

My UPS delivery man confirmed that his workshoes are made of leather...no more collectibles for me!:lol

Hopefully, no trees are harmed during the box making process? If they are, will SS use an alternative please :dunno :dunno :dunno

:bonk :eye :bonk

Back