Angel Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, this isn't working. Trouble is, I can't see how this could possibly work. I got it down into the peg as far as it would go (struggled with it, even), there's no gap between the gargoyle's torso and the base, and yet it hovers!

To prove I'm not grossly incompetent:

IMG_4178.jpg

See? No gap. Then turn it to the front...

IMG_4177.jpg

I feel a little nuts.

Also, when Angel is in there without the gargoyle, he's leaning forward at a crazy angle. This can't be right. Is anyone else having issues?

Sigh.

Other thoughts:

Finish work is definitely sloppy, especially on the human head. Notice the polystone flash under the human right nostril, the missing outer end of the left eyebrow, and the flesh tone wash into the sloppy hairline. It's just a little better done than Faith I think.

IMG_4175.jpg

IMG_4174.jpg

I was able to compare Faith and Angel and yes, Angel is definitely under sized. It's only about a quarter inch taller than Faith. Not much you can do about that, though.

ETA - One other nit - Angel is extremely tan for a vampire. We are talking almost Jersey tanning mom or ROTLA Indy PF brown.

There was also some kind of sticky residue on the gargoyle. Ick. I have to go wash my hands and wipe the keyboard.

Isnt that how the gargoyle is meant to be?
Mine looks the same from what i remember, and my Angel is on a slight lean too.
As far as the human head goes, id be asking for a replacement, definately sloppy paint apps.
I noticed there is no QC sticker as well on the foam where they usually seal it.
I had little bits of foam stuck on my gargoyle, its like they had boxed it up before the paint was completely dry...

Seriously? I was expecting this kind of fit:

Untitled-1.jpg

The human head, believe it or not, would not cause me to return it. I feel I can fix it myself. It would be different if it were a chip. I can see how someone without the supplies to do so would be unhappy if they got something that sloppy, though.

Besides, unless they wow me with something, this will probably be the last statue I buy from Sideshow. I'd just like to close the book to tell you the truth.

ill have to have a closer look at mine when i get home to see if it has this issue. didnt notice it to be honest.

My WL just converted, was getting anxious and was starting to think I was gonna miss out on Angel...*sighs*

We have found a Buffy the Vampire Slayer Collectibles Angel Statue Sideshow Exclusive for you! Your wait list reservation for this item is due to become a live order on 2012-06-08. Your item will then ship out to you shortly after that!

Yay! My waitlist just converted! :elefant:elefant:elefant Just when I'd lost all hope :p

We have found a Buffy the Vampire Slayer Collectibles Angel Statue Sideshow Exclusive for you! Your wait list reservation for this item is due to become a live order on 2012-06-08. Your item will then ship out to you shortly after that!

Yay! My waitlist just converted! :elefant:elefant:elefant Just when I'd lost all hope :p

w00t!!! :rock

Congrats! :clap

Is that the only one you're missing now?

Yes, sir. Well, I only have Faith and now Angel. I have no interest in Spike or Willow. So yes, just need Buffy to round out the characters that I want.

has she gone up that much?
How much is she going for these days?
havent bothered looking..

Well, the last few I saw online were going for $400-ish.

I find the likeness on this piece to be the best of the 5 so far in this line up of statues.
I think this may be the last one they're producing too.

Yes, sir. Well, I only have Faith and now Angel. I have no interest in Spike or Willow. So yes, just need Buffy to round out the characters that I want.

Well, the last few I saw online were going for $400-ish.

The last 3 sold for $600, $600, and $500.
I imagine this number will keep rising too.

Back