Anbody else looking forward to new Alice In Chains album?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:confused: Who said I didn't listen to it? I gave it a shot, both songs and found them lacking. Again, it's like "happy metal." The current band lacks Staley's growling screams and what's there, at best, sounds like an impersonation of his oddly "high to almost off-key low" vocals. If you re-read what I wrote, I didn't say it wasn't Alice In Chains. The sound is there musically. Vocally, it's impotent. I was never a fan of Cantrell and again, lost interest on the self titled album because most of the songs there he sang lead. He'd do more justice to AIC by creating a new band instead of trying to capitalize off of what was, because what was will never be again.

It's like the Doors whose current line-up lacks both Morrison and Densmore. I go back to my veggie burger comment. Sure the sound is there, but it's missing that meat that makes it whole.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and that's cool. If you don't like it, then you don't like it. But I couldn't disagree more that it's "happy metal." Totally do not get where you're coming from with that. The lyrics to "A Looking In View" are anything but happy.

I think Floyd sans Barrett would have been a better analogy for a group which lost its creative center and went on to bigger and better things. but yeah. Floyd sans Waters was a watered down bloated cash cow where song writing credits read like a list of pall bearers.

IMO, you understand. :lol

.. yeah.. I understand ,.. .wait .. this is the internet ...........

OH HELL NO!!!!!!
https://whoremotional.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/******.gif

Yeah!

david_hasselhoff_pepsi.jpg

The music off the 2 Waters-less Floyd albums is awesome. Unfortunately most of the lyrics suck.

I can agree with you there, i hate when i like something that gets way too much over play..though it only seemed like Black Hole Sun got the most plays on the radio back then, and i didn't really like that song much at all.

I think long hair suits Chris Cornell more.Seems like most women i talked to think the same as well.

My fave soundgarden is spoonman for some reason

Opeth did a great cover of Would by Alice In Chains..really like this cover.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/inpbS2JpMRA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/inpbS2JpMRA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tomorrow's the day. Can't wait to buy it. If you haven't listened to this album yet, I would encourage you to youtube "Black Gives Way To Blue" (the song), "Private Hell" and "Your Decision" for starters. And then cap it off with "Check My Brain" and "A Looking In Vew". A seriously GREAT album that will far exceed most expectations.

The album really is good. they guys worked hard on it...and I really am hoping it does well for them. I love the title track that they did with Elton John...just really beautiful and a nice goodbye to Layne.

I love iTunes, just bought it tonight :lol

The album really is good. they guys worked hard on it...and I really am hoping it does well for them. I love the title track that they did with Elton John...just really beautiful and a nice goodbye to Layne.

Indeed, what a really nice piece.

Just bought mine from Best Buy with reward points today. Can't wait to listen.
All the air play Check My Brain has been getting locally here is starting to wear though.

All the air play Check My Brain has been getting locally here is starting to wear though.

I haven't really listened to radio since 2002. I spent a summer with it at work and the repetitive nature of it just got to me. Bands that have a huge body of work worth hearing have the same 5 songs played over and over, it's nuts. I control my music intake.

Can't wait to get this album. Was listening to Metallica interviewing them and it really got me excited about Grunge, Alternative, and good music from the 90s again. :rock :rock

Man Occ... you are now dead to me. :monkey2

ya know Id like to retract my statement.
Been listening to alot o fFloyd lately and no way in hell is Waters era anything like sans-Waters era... I guess I just do like both though, which induced my acceptance of the Gilmore Floyd.

... loving the new AIC ... :rock
..... I do think Cantrell shouldve given the new vocalist the frontman position though. I think he leads maybe 1 song?

Back