Allosaurus VS Camarasaurus Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it when people say, "I don't want to do" whatever, then proceed to do it. :lol

Y'all are making me jealous, this sounds like an awesome piece. My goal is to be able to afford it at the end of the month. They're letting us get alot of overtime at work and I intend to make good use of it for the collectibles fund.

enough already! let it go. you've already decided to drop this line after having all these issues, and sold off most of your dinosauria collection, we already know that. but there are still a lot of people who are really genuinely very happy to be collecting these pieces. as what others have already stated, it would really be foolish to expect the exact same quality of the prototype paintjob from a mass produced product. i agree that this being a high-end line, we should get our money's worth (which we believe WE ARE getting from dinosauria), even dyscrasia is willling to pay even three times more of the regular price for these pieces, but to get the kind of quality your delicate taste is craving for, buy dinosaur kits and have them customized. but i don't think it will cost close to how cheap you could ever get to having pieces of this good a quality.:peace

Dont hate me because Im giving my opinion on this piece. Even though I dont collect this line anymore doesnt mean I cant post my opinion about it...come on. I wasnt bashing this piece like some on here do with things like "fail"..."garbage"..."crap"..."ulgy". Im simply saying it looks like it was painted the same as others I have received in the past. Looking at the alo's in this dio the first thing I noticed is that they are both still suffering from that dredded polka dot pattern running down their heads and backs. The Deinosuchus dio had this same issue, which looked horrible in person...didnt matter which light it was in. The detail I find is always lost around the heads, feet or tails of the animals. It didnt matter which piece I got from SS they all had the same issue. People will only start to agree with me once the prices of these pieces hit the $400+ mark (which they will). Believe me, no collector here will be happy about paying that kind of coin only to get a polka dot coverd dinosaur with an "ok" paint job. I would cut your losses now and get out now for the people that are on the fence. Like I've said before these pieces will have virtually no resale value if you ever need to sell them in the future. I sold all my pieces for LESS than half of what the orignals cost.....and all my pieces were EX's. I had to relist them twice and just bairly got the asking price of $160 for each of my EX's. Think about it folks....your dumping huge money into these pieces and this line but in the end it isnt worth it. I really loved this line myself and I wanted it to do well. But this lines days are numbered...I know it and SS knows it.

Chris

Dude, you don't see the glass as half empty, you see it bone dry...

Again, im not trying to crash the party here...im just telling it as I see it. If the collectors that got this piece or any others are happy with them....then great. My opinions of this line shouldnt bother them at all. Their are things that I have and collect that people bash from time to time. But I honestly dont let it bug me...everyone is into their own thing. So to the people reading what I have to say about this piece and others...if it bothers you....that means something. Ether your thinking the same thing I am and dont want to admit you just lost $300. Or you believe I have some how targeted you and the piece you own to bash this line. Or maybe both...ether way your reading my intentions wrong. All im saying..is that I think SS could do better with the paint apps. I'll leave it at that...

Chris

Nah, I just think you're overly pessimistic about the line, but I can't fault you for your opinions.

Received my Camara vs Allo diorama #64 today. I for one, am with Scar on this being an awesome dio. It has to be the best diorama i've seen in this line, thus far. Yes, it's not dinosaur kit quality, but it's also not retailing at $700 either.:lol......sorry Dyscrasia:1-1:

I am including one picture below, just to show that I actually have one. Don't know why anyone would dispute my claim, but just in case.:lol

IMG_9412.jpg

Btw, Atheris666 is entitled to his own opinion. If anyone has a problem with it, remember he just lost a large chunk of change selling his statues. I'm pretty sure he didn't want to dislike this line, and i'm sorry he had to sell of his collection.

If you want highly detailed statues with great paint apps, your gonna have to shell out the big bucks. Dan can attest to this, as I have recently shelled out some myself. It's the price you pay for high end collectibles.:exactly:

Couldn't afford this one but I love the T-Rex, Carnotaurus, and the T-Rex Vs. Triceratops dio I have. The Jurassic Park Diorama I thought was pretty rough looking in person but that's another line and I sold mine and moved right along into this line.

Great pics !

I have some minor nitpicks having just got my mine up o nit's new and improved base..which I will show soon.. ;)

I see a lot of places where the detail went soft ..mostly on the female Allo...and I can't figure why the Camara doesn't at least have a few toes on the slipping foot...the whole foot doesn't fit well into the mud and kinda looks odd unless viewed from the male's side. Really it's a little weird just how the how the whole piece lays on it's side..I honestly think the whole thing would been much better if made with all the dinos upright i nthe moment before the fall.

I may be too emotionally invested being the Allosaurus fanboy I am this time..so it feels that way just right me off as too obcessed this time around.. ;)

I definetly agree with you on the angle of the dio, it would have looked better if all the dinos were upright, that's my biggest problem too.
Overall the piece is quite stunning, of course there are other little minor issues including paint apps. I find something wrong with any maquette or dio out there I don't care what line it is, I collected various statues in the past and believe me the more I look at it I will find something negative about it, therefore I appreciate it for what it is and try not to obsess over it too much. (Little momentary obessions are allowed)

Btw, Atheris666 is entitled to his own opinion. If anyone has a problem with it, remember he just lost a large chunk of change selling his statues. I'm pretty sure he didn't want to dislike this line, and i'm sorry he had to sell of his collection.

If you want highly detailed statues with great paint apps, your gonna have to shell out the big bucks. Dan can attest to this, as I have recently shelled out some myself. It's the price you pay for high end collectibles.:exactly:

You're right. Atheris I apologize if I was being harsh on you. Of course you are entitled to your opinion. I think you are being overly critical of the line, but you have every right to be, and that is only my own personal opinion so what is it really worth anyway? :duff

I definetly agree with you on the angle of the dio, it would have looked better if all the dinos were upright, that's my biggest problem too.
Overall the piece is quite stunning, of course there are other little minor issues including paint apps. I find something wrong with any maquette or dio out there I don't care what line it is, I collected various statues in the past and believe me the more I look at it I will find something negative about it, therefore I appreciate it for what it is and try not to obsess over it too much. (Little momentary obessions are allowed)

I get what they were trying to achieve with the piece..but I think they leaned a little to far into " that's weird, but cool " and not enough into viewability..like with the upcoming Velociraptor VS Proto...the positons are neat but everyone wants to be able to look at them from diff angles and feel satisfied..and you get one or two with this piece and I think one with the V vs P..these are statues and art so it's all about the viewing experiance.

Here pics of a base I did incorporating the base I comes with :

100_2000.jpg

100_2003.jpg

100_2001.jpg

100_2002.jpg

100_1999.jpg

I'm not 100% sure I love the base..so it may change..I'm still trying to settle on what works and I think I may have over done the greenery.

You know what, it looks awsome to me, this is what I was talking about a while back, I think SS should add more to the environment, It does not take away from the dinos itself (some were worried about that) as a matter of fact it adds to the action and the realism. Good job.

Blade, your added base is awesome! It makes the whole dio look so different and so much better. It literally adds 'punch' to the whole setting. How I wish SS would do something similar.

Man I'm glad you guys like it !

I think it may have been my inital reaction to the piece itself projecting on my work..I'll live with it awhile and see how I feel..most times I'm not satisfied at first and I have to do just that.

I used to change things around to the point I ruined them or added too much, took away too much, ect.... I was even going to add a wood base til I realized it was was sitting on shelf top..which is essentially a giant wood base already.. :lol

Yes Jeremy, I think you right there. I think I may have got into this line expecting a little to much from these pieces. When what I was looking for was high end museum quality pieces. For now, I think I will hold off from spending any more $$$ on any kind of dino line. I got lots on order right now to keep me busy. I may have to revisit collecting dinos in the future. But right now it isnt really worth it for me. Thanks for your undersanding though.

You're right. Atheris I apologize if I was being harsh on you. Of course you are entitled to your opinion. I think you are being overly critical of the line, but you have every right to be, and that is only my own personal opinion so what is it really worth anyway? :duff

No worries, its not that big a deal were just talking about statues...nothing to get worked up over :) Like I mentioned above I think I was expecting a little more from this line which led to my disappointment. I do believe however, once this line starts hitting the $400+ range the quality and paint apps should also be kicked up a notch or two. Just my opinion...

Chris

I get what they were trying to achieve with the piece..but I think they leaned a little to far into " that's weird, but cool " and not enough into viewability..like with the upcoming Velociraptor VS Proto...the positons are neat but everyone wants to be able to look at them from diff angles and feel satisfied..and you get one or two with this piece and I think one with the V vs P..these are statues and art so it's all about the viewing experiance.

Here pics of a base I did incorporating the base I comes with :

100_2000.jpg

100_2003.jpg

100_2001.jpg

100_2002.jpg

100_1999.jpg

I'm not 100% sure I love the base..so it may change..I'm still trying to settle on what works and I think I may have over done the greenery.

:thud:

That is an amazing job BOTM, and I wish it looked like that to begin with. If you don't mind sharing, could you tell us the process you went through to make that?

Back