Allosaurus VS Camarasaurus Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, im not trying to crash the party here...im just telling it as I see it. If the collectors that got this piece or any others are happy with them....then great. My opinions of this line shouldnt bother them at all. Their are things that I have and collect that people bash from time to time. But I honestly dont let it bug me...everyone is into their own thing. So to the people reading what I have to say about this piece and others...if it bothers you....that means something. Ether your thinking the same thing I am and dont want to admit you just lost $300. Or you believe I have some how targeted you and the piece you own to bash this line. Or maybe both...ether way your reading my intentions wrong. All im saying..is that I think SS could do better with the paint apps. I'll leave it at that...

Chris

or maybe... by saying these things against this line, you're just trying to convince yourself that your decision of dropping dinosauria was the right thing to do, when in fact, you still are loving this line to bits, you just can't admit it, and is now regretting letting this line go...:lol no one's hating you here bro, and we respect your opinion. but since this dio has just shown up by everybody's doorways, let everyone who have already received theirs just enjoy the moment for a while, absorb the awesomeness of this piece as they open the shippers, the art boxes, and assemble this great dino diorama (ahhh! i love that fresh new statue smell! ). that's also showing respect, letting them enjoy the moment. imagine it this way, you're a child, about to open this biggest, most beautifully wrapped present under the tree at christmas eve, then right after tearing the wrapper to bits and holding this really awesome-looking, great toy that you have always wanted, someone comes along then calls it rubbish, worthless or something to that effect. then how would you feel?
after a couple of weeks or so, nitpicks about this piece would eventually, naturally come, then by that time, you can have a party. but i do still stand by believing you're being a bit too critical of this line, that's just my opinion.:peace

:thud:

That is an amazing job BOTM, and I wish it looked like that to begin with. If you don't mind sharing, could you tell us the process you went through to make that?

Not at all..this was actually the simpler the of the two base customs I was talking about before. I took a piece green floral foam from walmart, traced the base on a sheet of paper, cut it out and laid ovrr top the the foam and traced it. Then I cut out the base shape , so the actual base just fit right inside this one. I trimmed the foam edges and rounded them off a bit then glued the foam down to a piece of cardboard cut the same dimensions as the foam. One it was dry a hot glue gun was used to attach a about one whole bag of dried green moss from walmart as well, and then a few piece were dropped onto the actual sculpted base to blend it in better. A few pieces of lichen from the trees around my yard and a some tiny thin branches started the trees, a couple more bits of thin moss made the leaves in them and finished it.

I'd love to see some of you guys try some similar work..if you need any help just let me know !

Awesome basebuilding Blade! You could give Garret a run for his money.

I don't know..the guy does things with faux water I dream of doing..lol

I'm happy you guys like it so much, whats the point of art not enjoyed by others ? ;D

Finally saw this dio (which belongs to a friend of mine, I wonder how the hell he got his... :dunno ) and it looks really great in person. I was worried about some paint issues I saw from the pics ppl posted here, and even though there are some noticeable glitches, the overall dio looks pretty spot on and it's quite bigger than I thought it would be.

As for my dio, my local retailer is trying his best to retrieve it from the customs, but I have no idea when it'll finally land on my doorstep :impatient:

Mine arrived today:yess:
I got #24 of 125 another low number.
One thing i was worried about was the "Customs opened for inspection" :gah:tape along the bottom of the shipper.I was thinking oh crap it's broken but all is good in da hood.
Nice paint apps on this piece well done sideshow:clap

Seems like the customs are a pain in the ass to international customers. Anyways, it's great to see that ppl from overseas are receiving their dio.

I just got a confirmation from the customs that they will release my dio sometime in early August, but that is after I pay the additional tax fees, and I'm currently broke.... :(

Finally took some pictures of this gorgeous diorama. I was hoping for a nice sunset backdrop, but an incoming storm said otherwise. I hope everyone will still enjoy what I was able to get.

avc1.jpg

avc3.jpg

avc4.jpg

avc17.jpg

avc9.jpg

avc12.jpg

avc13.jpg

avc6.jpg

avc5.jpg

avc16.jpg

Back