ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks really good, actually. Any complaints I have with this figure (such as the wide proportions) could also be applied to Masterpiece Sideswipe, so they don't really hold water. But I can't imagine paying over $100 for a carbot.

Really hope those Hound rumors pan out; he was one of my favorites as a kid (both the toy and his character in the cartoon) and I'll always go official over 3rd party.

here's a quick chop i threw together for the 2...
if i had to pick, the badcube wins it for me...

The only thing about Spinout I like better are the feet which look in better proportion to the rest of the figure.

SunSurge does the whole faux chest thing which isn't everyone's cup of tea but it makes the chest look more accurate so is a non-issue for me and it's not like Takara haven't done similar in the past as MP10, MP21 & MP22 all have similar elements to their respective transformations.

Initial price at Kapow is £75 plus shipping, I'll wait and see if TFS Express are slightly cheaper before ordering my two.

Unless Fans Toys can beat Badcube on quality and aesthetic SunSurge will be my MP Sunstreaker.

is fans toys even thinking of doing sunstreaker yet

No idea. They usually keep things to themselves until they have something to show.

If they have other carbots planned once they've finished Hound it's likely Sunstreaker would make their list due to the lack of official one.

If they don't do Sunstreaker, I'd put money on Trailbreaker/Hoist being their next one.

That sunstreaker is pretty nice looking. Idk, $105 seems pretty high for a carbot. Hopefully takara will make one in the future.
It is steep. They want $80/piece for their collector's edition Insecticons, too, which is crazy for such small figures. I do think Badcube's stuff looks the best of all 3rd parties lately (and their times from reveal to actual shipping product seem faster than anyone else), but paying higher prices for unofficial 3rd party products is a concept I have a hard time coming to terms with.

ots-evilbugcorps-02.jpg

ots-evilbugcorps-03.jpg

It is steep. They want $80/piece for their collector's edition Insecticons, too, which is crazy for such small figures. I do think Badcube's stuff looks the best of all 3rd parties lately (and their times from reveal to actual shipping product seem faster than anyone else), but paying higher prices for unofficial 3rd party products is a concept I have a hard time coming to terms with.

ots-evilbugcorps-02.jpg

ots-evilbugcorps-03.jpg

Yeah, I noticed that on BBTS, it says Sunstreaker will be released in the 3rd quarter of 2015. They do have some good looking figures for masterpiece (my eye on warpath). I still like FanToys because of Quakewave and the Dinobots! X-transbots looks like a pretty good 3rd party company too for masterpieces.

That sunstreaker is pretty nice looking. Idk, $105 seems pretty high for a carbot. Hopefully takara will make one in the future.

Depends what prices you're used to.

Here in the UK a mass market figure like the recent Leader Class tank Megatron costs round about the $80 mark.

The Titan Class Devastator that's $150 in the USA is $220 here.

Any UK collectors who want the Takara one because they remembered to put elbows on all the Constructicons will be paying $250-$280 from Kapow Toys or TFS-Express.

Once the allocation at those stores is gone, anyone who missed out will be at the mercy of the import stores that mark things up higher and ebay scalpers.

With that kind of pricing being the rule rather than the exception it becomes much easier to accept 3rd party prices especially when they're offering features that official Masterpieces often lack.

I received a giant box full of Transformers yesterday, Jetfire, some MP replacement hands, 3rd party cassettes, DX9 add-on and a few other trinkets. Unfortunately I was very disappointed with what I had been most excited to get, the MX-I APOLLYON. The overall look was just not doing it for me, I think the Hasbro head is far superior. I actually prefer my Hasbro tank version* overall APOLLYON, which I'll be trying to sell off.

*With the DX9 add-on and some repainting/modding by myself.

I received a giant box full of Transformers yesterday, Jetfire, some MP replacement hands, 3rd party cassettes, DX9 add-on and a few other trinkets. Unfortunately I was very disappointed with what I had been most excited to get, the MX-I APOLLYON. The overall look was just not doing it for me, I think the Hasbro head is far superior. I actually prefer my Hasbro tank version* overall APOLLYON, which I'll be trying to sell off.

*With the DX9 add-on and some repainting/modding by myself.
Seriously?? Apollyon is the best 3rd party MP so far

All the praises that Quakewave and Apollyon get are definitely well deserved. Sure, people have QC with theirs but as someone who has none of that on theirs, I just don't see them getting significantly better to warrant an "upgrade" purchase.

All the praises that Quakewave and Apollyon get are definitely well deserved. Sure, people have QC with theirs but as someone who has none of that on theirs, I just don't see them getting significantly better to warrant an "upgrade" purchase.

:goodpost:

Not many TF's live up to the hype, but they certainly do.

Apollyon just lacks the sort of build quality that Fans Toys and ( to a slightly lesser extent ) Badcube offer but in that respect they're no different to Takara Masterpieces.

:goodpost:

Not many TF's live up to the hype, but they certainly do.

Apollyon just lacks the sort of build quality that Fans Toys and Badcube offer but in that respect they're no different to Takara Masterpieces.

Agreed. I can honestly say that Quakewave is one of the most sturdiest Transformers, in general, that I've ever handled. And I've handled pretty much every MP/Binaltech since the beginning.

Agreed. I can honestly say that Quakewave is one of the most sturdiest Transformers, in general, that I've ever handled. And I've handled pretty much every MP/Binaltech since the beginning.

Quakewave was a gamechanger for me. I got that and MP13 within the space of 3 days and when I held one in each hand it wasn't MP13 that felt like the high end, collector quality figure.

I also paid £30 less for Quakewave than MP13 and £20 less than MP13 for their Dinobots.

Since then my opinion of Takara has not been the same.

I still like the stuff I've bought since MP13 a great deal, but it's FT and Badcube that're leading the race for my cash.

EDIT
I got shipping notice from Kapow that FT Tesla is on the way :yess:

Sever should be next week as well! :)

Back